Accept we are down and look forward to next season

Happyjag

5 hours ago, Pinhead said:

As long as we have low and britton we will always be pish, they want a wee cuddly wuddly all inclusive club for their pals and snowflakes! We ceased being a business when beattie and co left. They came back briefly and took the required decisions and then the lunatics came back to the asylum

Beattie played a big part in Low getting on the board in the first place and was GB not taken on under his time as chair?  He came back because he wanted to sell his shares and he brought McCall and Archie back. He was the one who sold his shares to Colin Weir knowing full well that would bring JL back on the scene. So your arguments tend to contradict each other.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

With Fox invoking his relegation release clause, can it be assumed that the club is operating on the principle that we will be a League 1 club next season? 

Yes I think it can. Reconstruction isn’t going to happen. 

5 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

With Fox invoking his relegation release clause, can it be assumed that the club is operating on the principle that we will be a League 1 club next season? 

I think we have to, it would be crazy to take a chance on any other outcome. If the shaftings from the powers in the past are anything to go by then yes another shafting  it will be.  I'm quite happy fox has gone, I'd prefer going with sneddon in goal. We will pass him by on the way back up next season he could always be a bit of a liability.  We have to cut our cloth now and if that means getting rid of some serious constant under achivers then I'm happy with that.

Edited by Happyjag
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I don’t think Sneddon is the answer to be honest, he doesn’t come off his line and catch all these balls and make great saves unlike Fox. New experienced keeper needed!

Agreed, maybe he’ll come good but I’ve seen nothing to make me think he’s good enough just now. Ryan Scully’s available :crazy:

5 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I don’t think Sneddon is the answer to be honest, he doesn’t come off his line and catch all these balls and make great saves unlike Fox. New experienced keeper needed!

Consistently making the right decision as to when and when not to come off your line to collect a cross is the hallmark of a top class keeper. We're never going to have a keeper that can do that.  Sneddon has not had much of a chance after a howler against Morton a year and a half ago. I think he's worth a punt.

Hopefully there is going to be a good few more of the under achievers away soon also. I am surprised anybody would walk away just now I'd imagine it would be almost impossible to find another club willing to take on a new wage at this point.   I thought teams would be further ahead financially before anybody even dared move on. It's a big risk for players who want a move just now.

• 1 month later...

I cant believe we are this much further on in time since I posted this originally and we still aren't 100 per cent sure what league we will be in. Although I'm fairly certain we will be league 1 next season I still find it unbelievable it's still a slight possibility it could all change. How are we meant to be able to look at adding to the squad with this uncertainty. What will our budget be what league will we tell possible new players we will be playing in. I'm still shocked the teams wer not able to look past self interest and allow reconstruction to ensure no one team suffered too much as a result of this outbreak. I think best we can hope for is some compensation but yet again it's the jags who are humped by the footballing bodies and associations in this country.

9 hours ago, Happyjag said:

I cant believe we are this much further on in time since I posted this originally and we still aren't 100 per cent sure what league we will be in. Although I'm fairly certain we will be league 1 next season I still find it unbelievable it's still a slight possibility it could all change. How are we meant to be able to look at adding to the squad with this uncertainty. What will our budget be what league will we tell possible new players we will be playing in. I'm still shocked the teams wer not able to look past self interest and allow reconstruction to ensure no one team suffered too much as a result of this outbreak. I think best we can hope for is some compensation but yet again it's the jags who are humped by the footballing bodies and associations in this country.

You never know. We might not even have a league to play in.