FIR HILL .... the bing

topcat

Must be LOCKDOWN syndrome

I suggest the BING should have the first wood planted in a stadium where you can adopt a tree to raise funds.  The wood will be made up of FIR trees which later can be harvested by the club again to raise funds.  But more importantly we would have our very own FIRHILL and it would be good for the enviroment. :D   Could help with that breath of fresh air everyone is asking for at the moment too.

Edited by topcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, topcat said:

I suggest the BING should have the first wood planted in a stadium where you can adopt a tree to raise funds.  The wood will be made up of FIR trees which later can be harvested by the club again to raise funds.  But more importantly we would have our very own FIRHILL and it would be good for the enviroment. :D   Could help with that breath of fresh air everyone is asking for at the moment too.

Was there ever a hill of firs? Maybe over the the old canal bridge around Murano St?

1 hour ago, sandbank boy said:

Was there ever a hill of firs? Maybe over the the old canal bridge around Murano St?

The Firhill area was known as 'fairhill' back in the 1820's. It could have been modified over time to firhill simply because of dialect …. or more likely a spelling error on later maps

• Like 1

5 hours ago, topcat said:

Love it

9 hours ago, topcat said:

We could bring in some Ents to manage the trees. Would be Entertaining and Enterprising. Also very good at dealing with Orcs.

1 hour ago, jags on tour said:

We could just plant a few on the goal lines now that Fox has left, he was always rooted there!

that's it JoT, blame the keeper - nothing to do with  the dead wood back 4 and/or lazy midfield in front of him! 

please note potential conflict of interest - I'm a fully paid up member of the keepers union :thumbsup2:

Edited by gianlucatoni
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

More than 50 years?

True, but lots of very mature looking trees in the terracing. Were they deliberately planted? Work to improve the ground seemed to have stopped prior to lockdown, but there is still stuff there that would indicate this might resume in the future. 

I love running around it as part of my regular route.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, sandbank boy said:

On 6/6/2020 at 8:08 AM, topcat said:

I think this is a great idea.:clapping:

Something different, good for environment - MIGHT produce some income.

Don't see a downside.