Zanatta off

Auld Jag

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

A player that McCall wanted at Ayr. This highlights McCall's failure to get anything out of any player in our ultimate relegation/ demotion. Her's hoping a few more are out the door soon. Bannigan, O'Ware, Williamson and Penrice for starters.

I'd rather have Penrice than Mansell

It's disappointing that Zanatta, for whatever reasons, did not impress for PTFC. That first game he played for us was the best performance of a player wearing a PTFC shirt I had seen for years …. I thought at the time that we had a last signed a player who would prove to be worth a goal a game!! unfortunately, that debut was the highlight of his PTFC career.

There will be a manager somewhere who will be able to coach Zanatta to play at a high level, he has all the skills, he just needs to be shown how to use them.

Not overly fussed to see Zanatta go. I don't think he coped with playing at firhill where it was exected that he would take control of the majority of games and largely dominated possesion. You would assume that in league 1 we will have even more possesion and playing against teams particularly at Firhill who are setup to  be hard to beat. Under those conditions he would have been on a hiding to nothing.

He's far more suited to a defensive team that don't dominate posession and plays quick counter attack and he could probably play at the lower end of the premier league for a St Mirren or Hamilton quite easily.

Zanatta & Fox weren't really interested so happy they are no longer Jags!  Is Cardle still with us? 

I still feel there is something not right at Firhill but don't know what it is and whatever it is it's been there for at least 3 years. I would like a clean sweep  and would be happy to see Archibald leave as well. 

Whether or not we are successful we need to get a 'buzz' back into the club and get rid of the malaise that's set in! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

A couple of weeks ago on Tam and Stu, an East fife player, Denholm I think, was asked any player in the lower divisions to look for in the coming season. His answer was the boy Lyons at Montrose who is going to Thistle, is a fast tricky winger who scores goals for fun.

Don't worry we will manage to coach that out him by September

20 hours ago, Pinhead said:

And who will be away tomorrow at this time? Get a feeling they have been told anyone with clauses or offers of new deals has been told take the weekend and think it over so we know come Monday the state of play for next season and what we need. Would be good to get some closure and direction as to what kind of team we will have to build on for whenever the new season starts. 

Looks like you are right. Nobody else leaving  due to relegation release clauses.