New Kit

javeajag

With face masks now to be mandatory in shops from the 10th what better time to get one of the Jags coverings from Greaves.  Hopefully will add a decent bit of colour to the supermarkets etc too instead of the Green/Blue mob who will no doubt be out en masse now.

https://www.greavessports.com/search/partick-thistle-face-masks

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

With face masks now to be mandatory in shops from the 10th what better time to get one of the Jags coverings from Greaves.  Hopefully will add a decent bit of colour to the supermarkets etc too instead of the Green/Blue mob who will no doubt be out en masse now.

https://www.greavessports.com/search/partick-thistle-face-masks

got mine this morning from greaves the grey one

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, topcat said:

Get a mask with a wire insert which you shape to the bridge of your nose and it prevents your own breathe steaming up the specs.  My daughter lost her job in the theatre and costume industry and is making masks to try and make ends meet. If anyone wants one.  Probably this not allowed. Sorry mods

image.png.df8bd05e52fb8a8218612c3413591ed5.png

Mask arrived today. Hand delivered (as I understand that I am local) to save on postage. Great mask and a good package with filters and information. Well done Heather, very enterprising.

Remember, masks legally required to be worn in all shops from next week. Support struggling arts practitioners.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, BowenBoys said:

Mask arrived today. Hand delivered (as I understand that I am local) to save on postage. Great mask and a good package with filters and information. Well done Heather, very enterprising.

Remember, masks legally required to be worn in all shops from next week. Support struggling arts practitioners.

Have you tried it with specs. I am really struggling getting a mask that doesn’t steam up my specs after about 30secs

16 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Have you tried it with specs. I am really struggling getting a mask that doesn’t steam up my specs after about 30secs

I have the same issue. But  @topcat ‘s daughter is hand-making making those masks that @BowenBoys mentions with a wire nose bridge; I have one on order. 

Edited by sandy
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, topcat said:

Get a mask with a wire insert which you shape to the bridge of your nose and it prevents your own breathe steaming up the specs.  My daughter lost her job in the theatre and costume industry and is making masks to try and make ends meet. If anyone wants one.  Probably this not allowed. Sorry mods

image.png.df8bd05e52fb8a8218612c3413591ed5.png

I received 4 adult and 2 kids masks today.  3 layers with filters.  Far superior to  other masks I have in my house.  Would def recommend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Guys

Heather is made up that with your great compliments. She put a lot of thought into them from a health perspective rather than just how they look. As you say she puts three layers of cotton, she has a space for filters and a solution to get spare filters cheaply and the nose wire to make a good fit that can help with fogging of the specs. She also makes them with ribbons as elastics eventually lose there pull if you follow the health directives and wash everyday at 60degC.  For those who still want it to loop over the ears she send a few small elastic bands with the package that are easily replaced and a wee cheat sheet solution to make it like an elastic type version. 

Stay safe

Topcat

Just to add my thanks to Heather for a great product at a great price.

I found it tricky to tie the ribbons round the back of my nut, what with all the extra lockdown hair that I'm sporting these days, so I just tied the top and bottom ribbons together on each side and made the loops just long enough to hook over my lugs.

Works a treat.

8 hours ago, Rid Skwerr said:

Just to add my thanks to Heather for a great product at a great price.

I found it tricky to tie the ribbons round the back of my nut, what with all the extra lockdown hair that I'm sporting these days, so I just tied the top and bottom ribbons together on each side and made the loops just long enough to hook over my lugs.

Works a treat.

If you use the small elastics that she normally adds to package you can make your own adjustable ear loops. This allows you tighten around ears by pulling ribbons ends

20200714_073817.jpg

• 2 weeks later...