Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

Just now, Jag36 said:

Just out of interest..forgetting the legal arguements for a moment. Do you think it is morally wrong for teams to be relegated( and all the implications that come with that) through this process and not on the field of play? Just interested

I think there were less unfair ways of dealing with the situation than relegating teams on the basis of points average. At the time I called for them to be pursued. Vociferously.

But they weren't pursued, because the other clubs didn't want it, or didn't think it was worth fighting for. They acted out of their own self-interests. That's life. Life is unfair, and sometimes you've got to suck it up, know when you're beaten, and move on to the next challenge.

In our case, that means accepting our place in League One and doing everything in our power to ensure that next season goes ahead no later than October, and that we assemble a team on the pitch that absolutely ******* savages Falkirk, Airdrie and the other hingers oan.

51 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Frankly, if I offered a grant to clubs to help them through a difficult period and some of them said thanks and passed the money on to charity, then I would 1) think extremely seriously about whether to ever repeat anything like that gesture, and 2) think again especially about offering any gesture in the future to those clubs that publicly showed that they neither want nor need my grant.

Why didn't those clubs simply just give their grant to PTFC, Hearts and Stranraer to mitigate those unfair relegations? 

7 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Why didn't those clubs simply just give their grant to PTFC, Hearts and Stranraer to mitigate those unfair relegations? 

It probably didn't help that we just launched a legal challenge against the governing body, and asked in effect that each of the other clubs pays Hearts over £200k each and Thistle over £50k each as compensation for us being shite.

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I think there were less unfair ways of dealing with the situation than relegating teams on the basis of points average. At the time I called for them to be pursued. Vociferously.

But they weren't pursued, because the other clubs didn't want it, or didn't think it was worth fighting for. They acted out of their own self-interests. That's life. Life is unfair, and sometimes you've got to suck it up, know when you're beaten, and move on to the next challenge.

In our case, that means accepting our place in League One and doing everything in our power to ensure that next season goes ahead no later than October, and that we assemble a team on the pitch that absolutely ******* savages Falkirk, Airdrie and the other hingers oan.

Don't totally disagree with you but don't accept that we're totally beaten. Think a court case is worth pursueing even just to expose failings and hopefully as an organisation and football 'community' learn from them. Also its difficult for change to happen if you just accept your beaten when you have clearly been treated unfairly. The other clubs had options that would have had a relatively insignificant impact on them compared to the damage done to 'relegated clubs'  ,such as 14-10-10-10, that they totally rejected. From what i can see out of nothing more than greed and self interest at the expense of any attempt at fairness. So given the legal case is funded I fully support this option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It probably didn't help that we just launched a legal challenge against the governing body, and asked in effect that each of the other clubs pays Hearts over £200k each and Thistle over £50k each as compensation for us being shite.

Fair enough. 2m sounds far better than 50k anyhow. This is a bit like giving a mate £20 as a favour and your mate just passes than on to another mate. Once again a process that has been *******ised by some of the SPFL clubs. A parcel of rogues 

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Yeah, but apart from that small detail?

Am i missing something.. Celtic etc. donated their donation to charity- surely James Anderson is perfectly capable of donating to charity himself. Do you deserve praise for donating someone elses money to charity. Donate your own!! Think money was donated to help save clubs. Im not trying to take away from charities but thats why it was donated. They could have put it back in the 'pot' and used as an emergency fund on a means tested basis. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Am i missing something.. Celtic etc. donated their donation to charity- surely James Anderson is perfectly capable of donating to charity himself. Do you deserve praise for donating someone elses money to charity. Donate your own!! Think money was donated to help save clubs. Im not trying to take away from charities but thats why it was donated. They could have put it back in the 'pot' and used as an emergency fund on a means tested basis. 

Nope.......the spfl couldn’t afford to restart, the costing of testing was too much , playing behind closed doors was too expensive ....ok here’s £4m to deal with that cheers say three clubs we’ve given our £50k to charity .....it’s an absolute embarrassment 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Nope.......the spfl couldn’t afford to restart, the costing of testing was too much , playing behind closed doors was too expensive ....ok here’s £4m to deal with that cheers say three clubs we’ve given our £50k to charity .....it’s an absolute embarrassment 

I know..thought it had been accepted in a very ungrateful way in general by Scottish Football. But  using someone elses money to make yourself look good just really sums up the moral vacuum that is scottish football. Like i said- donate your own money to charity or donate the 50k then double or treble it!!

• Like 2

James Anderson had an interest in the community aspect of this from the outset. Check out the quotes in the article below. I am sure the SPFL Trust conditions of grant are absolutely in line with his thinking - these conditions will apply regardless of whether the money is spent by the club or it's associated charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52992075

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fenski said:

James Anderson had an interest in the community aspect of this from the outset. Check out the quotes in the article below. I am sure the SPFL Trust conditions of grant are absolutely in line with his thinking - these conditions will apply regardless of whether the money is spent by the club or it's associated charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52992075

Exactly.

16 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Exactly.

Celtic can afford to donate their own money to charity. Sure he is a rich man as is Peter Lawell -and sure you'll tell me hes very charitable too which im sure he is. Like i said im not trying to deny money to charity but this money was primarily given on the basis to support scottish clubs. If you want to donate to your associatted community charities which i of course fully support come together and set up a fund to do it . Like the English Premiership( Henserson etc.) but of course on a much smaller scale. Like i said what doesnt sit right with me is clubs using someone elses money to make themselves look good, especially when they can clearly afford just to put in a matched donation themselves

14 minutes ago, elevenone said:

As irrelevant to the current situation as the original decision was.

Still, looks like people are going to have to adjust their "no other major league in Europe" patter now.

2 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Celtic can afford to donate their own money to charity. Sure he is a rich man as is Peter Lawell -and sure you'll tell me hes very charitable too which im sure he is. Like i said im not trying to deny money to charity but this money was primarily given on the basis to support scottish clubs. If you want to donate to your associatted community charities which i of course fully support come together and set up a fund to do it . Like the English Premiership( Henserson etc.) but of course on a much smaller scale. Like i said what doesnt sit right with me is clubs using someone elses money to make themselves look good, especially when they can clearly afford just to put in a matched donation themselves

What the money was donated for and where it should be allowed to go is entirely a matter for Mr Anderson.

"If the clubs for any reason don't want those funds, it's our responsibility to ensure they are spent appropriately and sensibly," she told BBC Scotland. "With regards to the £50,000 for clubs, that means we will review the money that clubs may not want to spend, and reallocate it across the rest of the 42 clubs in a way that is appropriate to do so.

From the BBC report. Makes you wonder if some clubs just want to deny others any additional benefit.

1 minute ago, scotty said:

"If the clubs for any reason don't want those funds, it's our responsibility to ensure they are spent appropriately and sensibly," she told BBC Scotland. "With regards to the £50,000 for clubs, that means we will review the money that clubs may not want to spend, and reallocate it across the rest of the 42 clubs in a way that is appropriate to do so.

From the BBC report. Makes you wonder if some clubs just want to deny others any additional benefit.

What kind of crazy conspiracy theory do you have to be engaging in to think that Peter Lawell was sitting there thinking "oh better claim our £50k and give it to Celtic's charity partners... otherwise Partick Thistle might get a grand and wouldn't that be awful?"

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

What kind of crazy conspiracy theory do you have to be engaging in to think that Peter Lawell was sitting there thinking "oh better claim our £50k and give it to Celtic's charity partners... otherwise Partick Thistle might get a grand and wouldn't that be awful?"

I was thinking that clubs like Edinburgh City, Cove, Stenhousmuir, Annan etc, etc could do with the money to be able to play football this season even if Celtic, Aberdeen or Kilmarnock don't.

4 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

What the money was donated for and where it should be allowed to go is entirely a matter for Mr Anderson.

Dont dispute that. Has it been used in the best way to help the clubs that will be most effected by this crisis (which surely was the purpose) debatable..!

The charity part is a different issue. By all means if Celtic want to donate then go for it but match that then double it

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

Who knows? Perhaps they would get more for the money if handled by an organization with charitable status? It was in accordance with the conditions of grant and James Anderson's intentions - not much more you can say with any certainty.

Just now, scotty said:

I was thinking that clubs like Edinburgh City, Cove, Stenhousmuir, Annan etc, etc could do with the money to be able to play football this season even if Celtic, Aberdeen or Kilmarnock don't.

An extra £5k isn't going to make a dent in the cost of testing a squad. That wouldn't even cover a match-day.

If Anderson wanted every club to be treated the same and each of them to be entitled to a little bit of support at this time, and for them to be able to choose within reason how to use that little bonus, who are you or anyone else to tell Kilmarnock how to spend the money Anderson gave to the SPFL, exactly?