Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

While I certainly dont favour Lib Dems in any political opinion, I dont see how this 'sums'him up?

Yes, a bit of a sweeping statement. Let’s see if Javeajag has any facts to back his opinions up.

20 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Pretty much, yeah. Clubs can make up their own mind - don’t need coerced by the SPFL, which is how I read this.

So to be clear you think the SPFL Board should have ignored correspondence from its shareholders instead of explaining why it felt unable to accede to the request of more than one shareholder?

If it had done that you and others would have been right in about it complaining that they were obstructing other clubs from finding out what was going on. Or you’d have said “typical SPFL incompetence” or similar.

20 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

In any case, I don’t think there would be any legal issue with them simply emailing clubs a copy. Seems to me to be a tactic to add some weight to their position.

They state that they’ve taken legal advice on the matter and that doing so would risk contempt of court.

Are you saying they’re lying?

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

So to be clear you think the SPFL Board should have ignored correspondence from its shareholders instead of explaining why it felt unable to accede to the request of more than one shareholder?

If it had done that you and others would have been right in about it complaining that they were obstructing other clubs from finding out what was going on. Or you’d have said “typical SPFL incompetence” or similar.

They state that they’ve taken legal advice on the matter and that doing so would risk contempt of court.

Are you saying they’re lying?

Tell them to do what they think is right. Leave it up to clubs. 

Saying they’re interpreting things in a way that suits them.

19 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Lib Dem ......sums him up,

I am not a member of and do not vote for them. By all means carry on with this half-arsed ad hominem based on what someone’s politics were five years ago.

You seem to be the one hanging on every word of Jacqui Low’s board. She stood as a Tory candidate before coming to be very critical of them in recent years.

I don’t hold that against you (or her).

2 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Tell them to do what they think is right. Leave it up to clubs. 

Saying they’re interpreting things in a way that suits them.

“Dear Mr Doncaster,

Can I please see the documents Hearts and Thistle have submitted for the legal case?

Best

Leann Dempster/Steve Brown/AN Other Chairman”

”Dear Leann/Steve/AN Other

Do what you think is right

Best

Neil”

”Dear Mr Doncaster,

Uh, can we see the documents please?”

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So it’s untrue ?

I didn’t say it was untrue.

I was explaining to the rest of the forum who you’d lifted that direct quote from.

In case they were under the mistaken impression that it was being “reported” which is usually taken in this context to mean “by a journalist”.

29 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

“Dear Mr Doncaster,

Can I please see the documents Hearts and Thistle have submitted for the legal case?

Best

Leann Dempster/Steve Brown/AN Other Chairman”

”Dear Leann/Steve/AN Other

Do what you think is right

Best

Neil”

”Dear Mr Doncaster,

Uh, can we see the documents please?”

Ooft. 

1 hour ago, scotty said:

What worries me, more than anything else about this latest development is the implication that it's 40 clubs taking Doncaster and the board's side against Hearts and Thistle. Surely Doncaster should be trying to be impartial in all this? He is a paid employee but seems to think the SPFL is his.

ps Has anyone got any more memories of Southside pubs from the early seventies? :happy2:

The Old Stag in Pollokshaws. A basic pub but very clean,  immaculate. 

Not early 70s but some ten years later I often had a pint in McDivotts Bar in Tradeston. Typical of the pubs in that area, Jimmy McDivott had over the years lost most of his traditional clientele to the schemes (mostly Castlemilk). But many found their way back on a Sunday. Jimmy in turn would provide live music and. to put it mildly, be a wee bit flexible with the licensing hours.

The local polis turned a blind eye to the late drinking lock-ins on a Sunday.  Until that is a new sergeant appeared on the scene. The new sergeant rather fastidiously decided on checking up on after hours drinking in the area. He could hardly miss hearing a racket coming from McDivotts in the early hours of Monday morning. Jimmy answered the knock on the door with a smile and a reassuring "Everything's OK, Officer. Customers are away home and it's just the staff and the band that are left".  He thought he was getting away with things till the sergeant replied "And who did you have playing tonight, Mr McDivott. The James Last Orchestra?".  :)

• Like 1