Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

12 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

& so it begins...

https://gf.me/u/yfjgvr

although the final destination could ultimately prove unwise 

I trust the purpose of this walk will be to deliver an apology to a club they've shat on from a great height before bleating on about sporting integrity. I suspect not. 

A truly mind-boggling level of hypocrisy. 

12 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

I trust the purpose of this walk will be to deliver an apology to a club they've shat on from a great height before bleating on about sporting integrity. I suspect not. 

A truly mind-boggling level of hypocrisy. 

Was going to donate 1p so I could write a comment, but £5 minimum - eff that!

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What they need is a wealthy benefactor to give them £50k each without any strings ...... Oh ! Wait a minute .......

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18562648.glasgow-city-blown-away-james-anderson-generosity-champions-league-gesture/

This is how you accept a donation..with gratitude..the men's game could learn a lot

• Like 1

According to The Edinburgh Evening News,  the RR chairman has said that the three promoted clubs will be represented at the Arbitration Hearing.  This looks like going ahead next week.

I hope that their QC is the man with the boring voice.

I'm not sure whether or not they are contesting both strands of the Thistle/ Hearts case (i.e. relegation/ promotion  and compensation), or just the  relegation/ promotion issue.

2 hours ago, Jag36 said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18562648.glasgow-city-blown-away-james-anderson-generosity-champions-league-gesture/

This is how you accept a donation..with gratitude..the men's game could learn a lot

What a sad and cringeworthy reflection on the SFA that the Glasgow City ladies have to be funded by a philanthropist and not the national association ... at least Mr Anderson has shown some true leadership in the absence of any whatsoever from Hampden. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

What a sad and cringeworthy reflection on the SFA that the Glasgow City ladies have to be funded by a philanthropist and not the national association ... at least Mr Anderson has shown some true leadership in the absence of any whatsoever from Hampden. 

I really don't see why the SFA should fund a clubs expenses to travel to Champions League games. Imaging how you would feel if they announced they were paying Celtic's fees.

Fantastic news that they have the financial backing of Mr Anderson though. Great to see a club that is independent of any men's football club making it to the quarter final of the Champions League.

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

we could save up and spend our crowd funded fiver on bandages - those two morons will need them if they intend to parade themselves down Gorgie Road! 

It does seem odd that they are planning to finish in Edinburgh. From a fundraising point of view I would have thought it best to do it in the other direction. Arrive back in Dundee to a heroes welcome with the collection buckets out.

7 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I really don't see why the SFA should fund a clubs expenses to travel to Champions League games. Imaging how you would feel if they announced they were paying Celtic's fees.

Fantastic news that they have the financial backing of Mr Anderson though. Great to see a club that is independent of any men's football club making it to the quarter final of the Champions League.

I disagree BB - there's a huge difference in the green filth going on their CL travels and scooping £xx millions from UEFA in tbe process & the GC team trying to fund a European trip (possibly for up to 10 days if they progress) based on a couple of hundred attending home ganes up petershill park and scraps from the men's game  

7 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

It does seem odd that they are planning to finish in Edinburgh. From a fundraising point of view I would have thought it best to do it in the other direction. Arrive back in Dundee to a heroes welcome with the collection buckets out.

Maybe their secret plan is actually to start at Firhill in the wee small hours ;)

6 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

They're on the wind up... it also appears that the short bearded one has previously tweeted "fk hearts, fk thistle & fk budge" or words to that effect... he's likely to get rattled arriving at Tynecastle 

2 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

According to The Edinburgh Evening News,  the RR chairman has said that the three promoted clubs will be represented at the Arbitration Hearing.  This looks like going ahead next week.

I hope that their QC is the man with the boring voice.

I'm not sure whether or not they are contesting both strands of the Thistle/ Hearts case (i.e. relegation/ promotion  and compensation), or just the  relegation/ promotion issue.

The compensation strand of the case is a proposed alternative remedy to annulment, is it not? They’re mutually exclusive.

I would be very surprised if DUFC/RRFC/CRFC were only fighting annulment but not also the alternative of damages.

42 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

They're on the wind up... it also appears that the short bearded one has previously tweeted "fk hearts, fk thistle & fk budge" or words to that effect... he's likely to get rattled arriving at Tynecastle 

Some right roasters in those comments.  Fools and their money, easily parted.

46 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I disagree BB - there's a huge difference in the green filth going on their CL travels and scooping £xx millions from UEFA in tbe process & the GC team trying to fund a European trip (possibly for up to 10 days if they progress) based on a couple of hundred attending home ganes up petershill park and scraps from the men's game  

Financially there is a big difference between the two scenarios, I agree. But I'm thinking about sporting integrity. Put it another way, would Hibernian, Spartans and the other women's teams not be aggrieved that GC would be getting additional funding from the SFA?

44 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The compensation strand of the case is a proposed alternative remedy to annulment, is it not? They’re mutually exclusive.

I would be very surprised if DUFC/RRFC/CRFC were only fighting annulment but not also the alternative of damages.

Why do they have to go to the expense at all. Their objective is the same as the SPFL isn’t it ?

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

If they want parity and equality they should fund themselves or the Scottish Womans Association should fund them. Not the SFA's job.

Scotty asked if the case starts all over again, behind closed doors.  Yes, with the three members of the Arbitration panel adjudicating.  My understanding is that the relegation / promotion question will be considered, and if rejected, the compensation question will be looked at.

Lenziejag asked if the three promoted clubs should bother going to the expense of being represented.  In view of what's at stake particularly for Dundee Utd financially, their legal advice is that they should be there.  They could have left it to the SPFL, but probably run the risk of getting demoted, rather that promoted, knowing that lot!  Only joking!!!

Does anyone know if Hearts get an automatic parachute  payment, or was that discretionary?  Not been mentioned at all.   It may be included in their £8 million, though.