Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

I see Lachlan Cameron of Ayr United is making what I think are very good points about the need for a commissioner to remove all the self interest from Scottish football.

He then unbelievably goes on to confirm that he will be providing financial support to Dundee United etc.

:blink:

45 minutes ago, allyo said:

I see Lachlan Cameron of Ayr United is making what I think are very good points about the need for a commissioner to remove all the self interest from Scottish football.

He then unbelievably goes on to confirm that he will be providing financial support to Dundee United etc.

Quite simply that guy is a tit with a very obvious axe to grind

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I hope that he's not thinking of Nelly Doncaster?  Or giving total power to the SPFL for next season?  When's that vote due, is it this Friday?

1 hour ago, allyo said:

27 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Quite simply that guy is a tit with a very obvious axe to grind

Cameron has a quite perverse view of things. He said he would not vote for reconstruction if it meant ICT would be promoted over Ayr.  Promoting ICT was "unfair" to Ayr! 

The fact that ICT finished 5 points ahead of Ayr with the same number of games played clearly escaped his notice. 

I wrote to him pointing out that using the same logic he must sure conclude that relegating Hearts, Stranraer and Thistle, the latter being two points adrift of his near neighbours QoS but with a game in hand, must also be unfair. 

I didn't expect a reply and didn't get one however the fact he is supporting Dundee Utd etc financially demonstrates he hasn't agreed with me. 

I agree with the above  quotes but also with his idea for a superdouper decision making executive with strong leadership skills. Our game has needed this for sometime provided it isn't a McLennen or a Doncaster! That cowboy Barry Hearn would be ideal, oh and a single organisation (not both SFA & SPFL) 

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

You have to love the utter shambles that is Scottish football .... in the middle of an arbitration procedure under the auspices of the sfa the sfa issue a notice of complaint to two parties .....nothing to see here 

• Like 1

They are probably working on the (safe) assumption that the arbitration panel will have made a decision before August, as instructed by the Court of Session.

The SFA hearing date for the alleged breach of rules is set for after the Premiership season is supposed to have started, but presumably they need to give enough notice to the clubs involved ahead of that hearing (which is just over 3 weeks away).

Worth re-iterating that the SFA's arbitration panel is operationally and legally independent in terms of its powers, remit and function from the SFA's Board and that the panel is chosen in part by the parties and then the chair by those nominees themselves.

The SFA's compliance procedures and those overseeing them have nothing to do with the arbitration panel.

Looks like they are trying to get the lawyer teams working on 2 things at the same time to try and divide and conquer. I say it is now time to abandon the SFA arbitration and slap an injunction in on the start of the season. Time to burn this shithole to the ground and take as many down with us as we can. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

So what sanctions can the SFA impose? A fine? I wouldn't have thought they could do anything which would affect league standings but maybe they could ban us from Scottish Cup or signing players. Anyone got the inclination to look it up?

No doubt they will fine us whatever we get in compensation from the arbitration.

10 minutes ago, scotty said:

So what sanctions can the SFA impose? A fine? I wouldn't have thought they could do anything which would affect league standings but maybe they could ban us from Scottish Cup or signing players. Anyone got the inclination to look it up?

Potentially anything up to expulsion from the league, though as others have noted the Court of Session decision suggested sanctions of that kind might themselves be legally challengeable.