Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

4 minutes ago, sandy said:

Not much fighting in that statement tbh

"You're oppressing us, by giving us six days to respond to an issue that was known to be a potential legal problem several weeks ago"

"But we're going to come out fighting... we're going to ask you for a bit more time. How'd you like that, eh? Eh? EH!?"

#NotSoCuddlyAnymore

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

This is what he said (my emphasis added): ...

I'd prefer to highlight this bit immediately preceding yours - the intonation in his voice when relaying this verbally in the summing up was quite telling 

… subjecting a club which does so to the potentially extreme sanctions mentioned by senior counsel for the SPFL, can be viewed as contrary to public policy and hence unlawful.

3 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I'd prefer to highlight this bit immediately preceding yours - the intonation in his voice when relaying this verbally in the summing up was quite telling 

… subjecting a club which does so to the potentially extreme sanctions mentioned by senior counsel for the SPFL, can be viewed as contrary to public policy and hence unlawful.

That would be an extremely biased selective quote given that it actually says:

Questions may arise as to whether... subjecting a club which does so to the potential extreme sanctions mentioned by senior counsel for the SPFL, can be viewed as contrary to public policy and hence unlawful.

Which gives a much different complexion on what was meant.

54 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Just to put the cat among the pigeons.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, it would now only be them who were facing SFA disciplinary charges.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, it would now only be them who had costs from the court case and who had to pay the SPFL's costs.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, we could still have made representations to the arbitration panel, on much the same basis as Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, the Court of Session very probably would still have ordered the disclosure of the commercially sensitive documents to the arbitration tribunal.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, it might only have been them who faced SFA disciplinary action, and potential expulsion, and with it being unable to play in SPFL or SFA competitions.

If Hearts had been expelled, that would have left the Championship with only 9 teams in, say, September 2020. So they'd have needed to punt an additional team up to the Championship.

It could well have been us.

But of course, we should have picked a fight.

altogether now ...

• we will follow thistle, over land and sea, we will follow thistle, onto victo-reeeeee
  • we'll support you evermore, we'll support you EVERMORE!
  • intae one and you're intae all of us (old shed tune usually reserved for the section B )

:fan::fan::fan:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

"You're oppressing us, by giving us six days to respond to an issue that was known to be a potential legal problem several weeks ago"

"But we're going to come out fighting... we're going to ask you for a bit more time. How'd you like that, eh? Eh? EH!?"

#NotSoCuddlyAnymore

/yawn

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is that possible :thinking:

I'll start my earth getting swallowed by the sun dance now

it's likely our star/sun will expand when it runs out of hydrogen - some theories relate to expansion up to and including Mercury & Venus whilst other theories say that all 4 of the inner planets will be consumed - either way by being incinerated or disappearing up the sun's arse, what's certain is that the SPFL will finally burn  

seems the Dundee vote guy has had another computer mix-up a few days ago … swithering on a planning application vote … what are the chances eh?

The housing application was put before the committee in March but was deferred so committee members could undertake a site visit to address concerns about road safety on the B9099 leading into the estate.

Worries over the democratic process were highlighted at the start of last week’s meeting as the application had arrived back before the committee without the scheduled site visit having been made due to coronavirus.

Councillor Eric Drysdale’s computer then crashed for a total of 12 minutes, leaving him unable to cast his vote on the application, despite having visited the site and sat through the original meeting and more than two hours of Wednesday’s discussion.

With final votes on the application tied at six apiece the committee convener, Councillor Roz McCall used her powers to have a casting vote and approved the application.

Mr Drysdale told The Courier after the meeting: “I was not certain how I wanted to vote so I wanted to go see the site myself so I drove up there before the meeting in what passes for rush hour during lockdown. That raised a number of questions in my mind about the road safety angle.

“Sadly the hardware crashed and I missed out on 12 minutes so I found that extremely frustrating but I genuinely hadn’t made up my mind about which way I was going to vote.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodstock Jag said:

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, it would now only be them who were facing SFA disciplinary charges.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, it would now only be them who had costs from the court case and who had to pay the SPFL's costs.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, we could still have made representations to the arbitration panel, on much the same basis as Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, the Court of Session very probably would still have ordered the disclosure of the commercially sensitive documents to the arbitration tribunal.

If we hadn't teamed-up with Hearts, it might only have been them who faced SFA disciplinary action, and potential expulsion, and with it being unable to play in SPFL or SFA competitions.

If Hearts had been expelled, that would have left the Championship with only 9 teams in, say, September 2020. So they'd have needed to punt an additional team up to the Championship.

Now that is speculation

Slightly off topic, but you know that one guy at uni who was into all the ‘cool’ bands before they were popular then thinks everyone else is SO stupid for liking them when they’ve had a hit? Probably played in a band, could’ve made it too - didn’t want to become part of the ‘machine’? 
Wonder if there’s anyone on football forums like that? 
Anyway, I think our case is sound & we’ve a good chance of shaking things up. 

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

If we hadn't teamed up with Hearts, having been given the chance at no financial cost, I would have been embarrassed.

Since when was standing up to being bullied, ever about winning anyway?

The sense of injustice, now that they've gone and got their big brother to join in, has made me even more delighted by our fight.

I was too young to remember our famous '71 victory but any win from this, will be celebrated like the 4th goal that day.

The beer is in the fridge and the whisky is knocking on the cupboard door.

C'mon Jags!!

Personally I think we are in for a severe kick in the baws. But... **** em. Even if we go down, let's go down in spectacular style. In flames and take a few scumbags with us. Scottish football is ****** anyway and just isnt worth following anymore. Particularly when you have two absolute donkeys in (Cockwomble)Doncaster and Maxwell running it.

Edited by Garscube Road End

15 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Slightly off topic, but you know that one guy at uni who was into all the ‘cool’ bands before they were popular then thinks everyone else is SO stupid for liking them when they’ve had a hit? Probably played in a band, could’ve made it too - didn’t want to become part of the ‘machine’? 
Wonder if there’s anyone on football forums like that? 
Anyway, I think our case is sound & we’ve a good chance of shaking things up. 

Totally agree. We have nothing to lose in my view.

I am delighted our Club has put up a fight and not taken this lying down.

We may have upset some other Clubs and lost some goodwill, but so what.? The other Clubs upset us big time.

See if Thistle win, will you do the Honorable thing and resign from the forum @Woodstock Jag? Or will you sit and rightly take any pelters that come your way while still arguing you know best? Honestly the Javeajag and Jordanhill Jag spats were at least funny at times, your know it all attitude is just simply boring.

Edited by Pinhead
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Personally I think we are in for a severe kick in the baws. But... **** em. Even if we go down, let's go down in spectacular style. In flames and take a few scumbags with us. Scottish football is ****** anyway and just isnt worth following anymore. Particularly when you have two absolute donkeys in (Cockwomble)Doncaster and Maxwell running it.

I agree and will be interested to see if Maxwell has the balls to turn up for the legends v Maryhill game.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

See if Thistle win, will you do the Honorable thing and resign from the forum @Woodstock Jag? Or will you sit and rightly take any pelters that come your way while still arguing you know best? Honestly the Javeajag and Jordanhill Jag spats were at least funny at times, your know it all attitude is just simply boring.

If we end up in the Championship in season 2020-21 because of this legal challenge, or end up receiving anything even remotely close to half of the £2 million we tried to sue the SPFL for, you can absolutely say you told me so at every opportunity.

statement from former Hearts director Leslie Deans who contributed to the Thistle gofundme campaign under his online moniker of SaughtonJambo... 

"It is with complete astonishment that I learn the SFA have charged the clubs with having the temerity to defend themselves in the Court of Session. This action is nothing more than a blatant and unsubtle attempt to influence the outcome of the arbitration tribunal.  The SFA  are attempting to pressurise the tribunal members to find against the clubs. Have the clubs accepted there is a breach of article 99?  Even if such a breach has taken place , why are the SFA  attempting to interfere with administration of justice?. Do they think they are above Scotland's supreme civil court?
Why could this not have been left until after the proceedings are terminated?

It would seem that their actions are an attempt to undermine the courts authority and the judicial process.  That is tantamount to contempt of court which is a criminal offence.

Any finding against the clubs will  inevitably be viewed as tainted. One wonders what kind of message that sends about Scottish football and Scotland as a whole? " 

Leslie  Deans 

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

seems the Dundee vote guy has had another computer mix-up a few days ago … swithering on a planning application vote … what are the chances eh?

Councillor Eric Drysdale’s computer then crashed for a total of 12 minutes, leaving him unable to cast his vote on the application, despite having visited the site and sat through the original meeting and more than two hours of Wednesday’s discussion.

“Sadly the hardware crashed and I missed out on 12 minutes so I found that extremely frustrating but I genuinely hadn’t made up my mind about which way I was going to vote.”

Ah, the old "my computer crashed" excuse: the students' favourite  back in the 90s when they didn't get their assignments submitted in time.

16 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Ah, the old "my computer crashed" excuse: the students' favourite  back in the 90s when they didn't get their assignments submitted in time.

I was a student in the 90s (honest sandy & WJ!) & my crappy 2nd hand apple mac classic computer did crash in 4th year so had to type up my electronic engineering design 10k word simulation/test report on an Olivetti typewriter 

13 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I was a student in the 90s (honest sandy & WJ!) & my crappy 2nd hand apple mac classic computer did crash in 4th year so had to type up my electronic engineering design 10k word simulation/test report on an Olivetti typewriter 

Your fingers must've been on fire after that! Ouch!

4 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

A good character-building experience! :D

As well as getting a panel not consisted of "Football people", we get a chance to have the hearing before the SPL starts, when any expectation of reinstatement will have gone.

The 4th official blog yesterday tweeted a link to our go fund me page, now at £47,500 of the £50,000 target.  Hopefully we'll get a little surge in donations.

As others have said, even if we don't win, we tried.  I'll never forget the feeling of emasculation I felt when the club said they couldn't afford the financial risk of going to the C of S.  and the pride when we did. Nobody can take that from me. Regardless

• Like 1

I don’t think we’ll win this case, but I don’t see us getting a severe punishment either. The SPFL haven’t handled this as well as they should have and for that reason I have my doubts the SFA will go in heavy handed. Technically it looks like we broke an SFA rule and I think we’ll get a small fine for that. Lose at arbitration and go ahead in League One next season with a bitter taste in the mouth. 

9 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

are either of these two numpties capable of an original thought ?  Makes you wonder who is pulling the strings here :thinking: