Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

6 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Let's wait and see the full decision. Not surprised really with regard to the relegation. Compensation not ruled out yet. Whatever happens our legal fees are covered so we gave it our best shot. Can ask to more. 

Reading spfl statement suggests we get absolutely nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Jagsman said:

pumped with legal fees and a pending charge, should have accepted being screwed with relegation and get players signed to win league 1 and then the championship

i think we all expected this and i wonder if this donation will cover costs

We were told our legal fees were being met. Hopefully iron clad.

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

We were told our legal fees were being met. Hopefully iron clad.

We never had it definitively and publicly stated the extent to which our legal fees were being underwritten. It was not clear, for example:

• whether the commitment applied to arbitration or just to the court proceedings
  • whether the commitment applied only to our own legal costs or to any costs order made in respect of other parties own costs
  • whether the commitment applied to any disciplinary sanctions imposed on us for going to court without SFA authorisation

It remains to be seen whether the Club will be left out of pocket following this embarrassing and predictable defeat.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Let's wait and see the full decision. Not surprised really with regard to the relegation. Compensation not ruled out yet. Whatever happens our legal fees are covered so we gave it our best shot. Can ask to more. 

I think compensation has already been ruled out and it now a matter of how much we will need to pay the other clubs.  Plus the matter of the SFA fine.   

Note also the decision was unanimous.  As others pointed out before, the  law does not deal in what is wrong or right, just what the rules are. SPFL rules allowed the flawed vote, so everything else that follows is legal.  

Dundee United welcomes the decision of the Arbitral Tribunal (the “Tribunal”) which was issued today on the following terms: “The tribunal appointed in terms of Scottish Football Association Article 99 issued its decision today. It unanimously held that the challenges to the Written Resolution of 15 April 2020 failed, and that the SPFL were entitled to pass, and give effect to, the Written Resolution and all that flowed from it. Accordingly it refused to grant any of the orders sought by Heart of Midlothian FC and Partick Thistle FC and continued the arbitration for submissions about expenses.”

21 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I’m pretty sure compensation was ruled out unfortunately?

22 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

West Wing GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Yes, good for me.

I was right.

But what do I know? I'm not even a practising lawyer?

14 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

By having a weak legal case.

I Told You So GIFs | Tenor

Disappointing to see a Jags fan gloating about this. But not surprising.

• Like 11

Just now, BowenBoys said:

Disappointing to see a Jags fan gloating about this. But not surprising.

When I warned our fans that this was a futile enterprise, I was personally attacked, my qualifications were brought into question and my analysis was dismissed as uninformed opinion.

This isn't gloating. This is vindication. Perhaps next time people won't dismiss people who know what they're ******* talking about?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

When I warned our fans that this was a futile enterprise, I was personally attacked, my qualifications were brought into question and my analysis was dismissed as uninformed opinion.

This isn't gloating. This is vindication. Perhaps next time people won't dismiss people who know what they're ******* talking about?

I asked you at the start of this thread if you'd contacted the club with your thoughts. You said no you would just post on the thread, which considering you were so certain of the outcome really surprises me. Any fan who genuinely saw this as costing the club should have at least contacted them

Just now, allyo said:

Does it feel really good?

I feel vindicated in the face of considerable ad hominem attacks which sought to undermine my credibility when in fact I was correct.

Am I happy that we've been relegated? Of course not. I said as much at the time. But I am not unhappy that a bad legal case was lost. I am unhappy that it was ever pursued in the first place.

Just now, jaggy said:

I asked you at the start of this thread if you'd contacted the club with your thoughts. You said no you would just post on the thread, which considering you were so certain of the outcome really surprises me. Any fan who genuinely saw this as costing the club should have at least contacted them

I said no I wouldn't because I didn't believe it would make any difference whether I contacted them.

The Club cannot have been unaware of the legal arguments that I set out. They were, chapter and verse, the legal arguments that the SPFL were fully expected to make.

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Yes, we get it, you won. Glad you're happy. Classless.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I think you might find that nobody actually asked you to spend the amount of time you spent on this matter. You could easily have made all your points in a far less pompous manner and then you may have been spared all the apparent angst. However, if being correct about this is what floats your boat I’m happy to be on another vessel.

Humility costs nothing.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

OK Petrocelli !