Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

21 minutes ago, javeajag said:

This is correct and note the pyramid play offs are run by the sfa not the spfl 

Wrong. The SPFL’s rules govern whether playoffs involving its clubs happen and whether teams are ejected from or admitted to League 2.

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Interesting isn’t it ....no we won’t play the play offs so Brechin can be saved but we will play the cups .....shysters 

Different organisations involved in the running different competitions.

4 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

OK, but it appears both sets of fixture are run by the SFA. I may be wrong, but I don't recall any SFA statement saying the pyramid playoffs were cancelled. The general impression is that the SPFL have called time on it. But perhaps I've missed something. 

Because they are entitled to. The SFA has no say on the admission criteria to the SPFL.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

My understanding is that the spfl simply said we’re not playing them

Because they decide whether it happens: not the SFA.

3 minutes ago, delurker said:

'There were insinuations ... that we might find life a bit more difficult in dealing with our friends at the SPFL' isn't.

That’s just word salad without evidence of actual threat or wrongdoing.

23 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Listen.....the playoffs between the spfl and the lower leagues are 50% owned by the  SFA and 25% each by the other leagues ......they are governed, managed and organised by the SFA and as such are not within the spfl jurisdiction to simply cancel they  refused to play them and particpate

Who the Highland League and Lowland League nominate for the playoffs to compete for admission to League Two is their business, but ultimately it is not the SFA, LL or HL who decide whether or not a playoff final happens. That’s entirely up to the SPFL because admission to League Two is done in accordance with SPFL rules. What the others do is irrelevant.

If this were not the case, Kelly and Brora should have sued the SPFL by now. It’s clear why they haven’t: they have no case in law. Because you are wrong.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Actually it’s a three way split ....50% the sfa and 25% each the other two .....it is run as a competition by the sfa which you can understand 

But what you don’t understand is that the SPFL’s participation depends on it agreeing to participate. That depends on it having rules of its own allowing for the team finishing bottom to participate in those playoffs.

The SPFL has decided to cancel that, because it can.

1 minute ago, Woodstock Jag said:

But what you don’t understand is that the SPFL’s participation depends on it agreeing to participate. That depends on it having rules of its own allowing for the team finishing bottom to participate in those playoffs.

Or could be vice versa , the SFA in the future might not want to put a team forward.

All the organisations should be working together.

Let’s put to bed this myth that the pyramid play-off competition is an SFA competition. It is squarely something that is run by and governed by the SPFL. This is a direct lift from the SPFL rules.D9C2B551-D5CB-46D3-9B79-1928C791996D.jpeg.da43f003e64eb0b1122b5c9ed5c22e45.jpeg

The responsibility of the SFA begins and ends with identifying a Candidate Club. If Brora and Kelly want to play each other in a couple of bounce games that’s entirely their problem.

The Pyramid Playoff itself is a SPFL competition. It is one that must be approved by “the [SPFL] Board”. The definition of who wins that two legged match is set by the SPFL as is the order of the venues. The SPFL Board sets the dates and times for the matches. The SPFL rules entitle the Board to “vary the format” however they like. And the SPFL Rules decide whether the winners are admitted to League Two the following season.

Its an SPFL competition. End of discussion.

26 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I take it my point us then correct 

the spfl simply refused to play that is also  correct 

I take you acknowledge the Scottish football season has not ended 

and that other play offs have taken place 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I take it my point us then correct 

the spfl simply refused to play that is also  correct 

I take you acknowledge the Scottish football season has not ended 

and that other play offs have taken place 

No your point is wrong.

The SPFL didn’t “simply refuse to play”. It explicitly cancelled a competition it controls.

The SPFL season has ended.

Other playoffs are literally irrelevant. They are not of concern to the SPFL. “The Play-off Competition” has been cancelled.

5 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

No your point is wrong.

The SPFL didn’t “simply refuse to play”. It explicitly cancelled a competition it controls.

The SPFL season has ended.

Other playoffs are literally irrelevant. They are not of concern to the SPFL. “The Play-off Competition” has been cancelled.

Not correct .... show me where they explicitly cancelled it 

yes the spfl have ended their season but the football season in Scotland has not ended 

38 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Yes I get they can just decide not to put a team forward which is what they did ..... it was not cancelled 

Not correct .... show me where they explicitly cancelled it 

I’ve already linked you to the summary of the SPFL’s motion. It clearly states the effects of the motion: “all play-off competitions [are] cancelled”.2CB55096-FC03-4FB4-8D59-8A19081BCB9B.thumb.jpeg.6f4ce0a51027975f4144348c23bf2abd.jpeg

yes the spfl have ended their season but the football season in Scotland has not ended 

I didn’t say “the football season in Scotland has ended”. You are attacking a man of straw.

Yes I get they can just decide not to put a team forward which is what they did ..... it was not cancelled 

What you are saying is that an agreement between the SFA, the Lowland League and the Highland League to hold a two legged match to identify a Candidate Club to offer to the SPFL has not been cancelled.

Which is fine. That’s an arrangement The SPFL isn’t involved in.

But the SPFL Play-Off final has been cancelled. It is an SPFL competition governed by SPFL rules.

If the SFA wants to hold a meaningless couple of bounce games to identify a Candidate Club when there is no vacancy or status or role for a Candidate Club, good luck to it. But that seems a pretty pointless thing to do when the final itself has been cancelled by the SPFL, doesn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I’ve already linked you to the summary of the SPFL’s motion. It clearly states the effects of the motion: “all play-off competitions [are] cancelled”.2CB55096-FC03-4FB4-8D59-8A19081BCB9B.thumb.jpeg.6f4ce0a51027975f4144348c23bf2abd.jpeg

I didn’t say “the football season in Scotland has ended”. You are attacking a man of straw.

No you responded to my comment on the football season in Scotland still continuing by referencing the spfl so get it the right way round 

has the spfl contacted the other parties to say it’s play off is cancelled ?

Just now, javeajag said:

No you responded to my comment on the football season in Scotland still continuing by referencing the spfl so get it the right way round 

has the spfl contacted the other parties to say it’s play off is cancelled ?

There are no other “parties”. It’s an SPFL competition. They were very public about what the resolution would do. It was literally on their website.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I heard the chairman on sportsound  as well and it was clearly a threat .....the recording of the call clearly shows that as well ....total disgrace 

Just for 100% clarity what is being reported here is what was said on the radio - although the person saying it was George Fraser the Chairperson of the Scottish Lowland League 

3 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

There are no other “parties”. It’s an SPFL competition. They were very public about what the resolution would do. It was literally on their website.

the play offs are governed by an agreement between the parties and may be subject to a legal challenge depending on our legal  action .....seen the agreement ?

The Fifers argue a four-way agreement states any change to the play-off format requires the backing of not just the SPFL and SFA but also the Lowland and Highland associations.

We will rule nothing out at this stage including legal action. We are working very closely with Kelty.

“They are going down the legal route to challenge the SPFL and it will be interesting to see what outcome there is with that.

“Their solicitor advocate has sent a letter to Neil Doncaster looking for clarifications on certain things.

Shock horror if you try to litigate to screw over other clubs they will hit back.

Almost as though it’s a bad idea to do that without a watertight legal case, whatever the morality of it.

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

They had absolutely no problem throwing ourselves, Hearts, Stranraer, Kelty and Brora under a bus. What breathtaking hypocrisy. 

6 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Shock horror if you try to litigate to screw over other clubs they will hit back.

Almost as though it’s a bad idea to do that without a watertight legal case, whatever the morality of it.

No shock horror just funny they can take legal action to defend their interests  - you say fine ..... we do the same - you say bad 

and then after lecturing everybody on its nit  fairness or morality but the law the case will be decided on .....you bring up morality 

your the only thistle fan who actually wants us relegated 

• Thanks 1

Just now, javeajag said:

No shock horror just funny they can take legal action to defend their interests  - you say fine ..... we do the same - you say bad 

and then after lecturing everybody on its nit  fairness or morality but the law the case will be decided on .....you bring up morality 

your the only thistle fan who actually wants us relegated 

They are defending an action in respect of which they were specifically served papers. By us!

I don’t want us relegated. But it’s where we are and we should now accept it.