Court It Is Then

Bobbyhouston

Happy days.  I remember there was a pub called Burns Howf, in a basement in West Regent St? where live bands were really good.  We used to come down from school on a Friday lunchtime to the nearby Odeon for free concerts.  Beggars Opera were a band that comes to mind.  I recall Jethro Tull and Procul Harum (with Tir na Nog) on the same bill  at the Apollo.  The Stones in winter time at the Pavillion.  (The Pavilion? amazing!) Deep Purple at the Electric Gardens.  Excellent stuff.  I'm not trying to score any points here with bands - just happy memories. Keep it coming!

8 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Happy days.  I remember there was a pub called Burns Howf, in a basement in West Regent St? where live bands were really good.  We used to come down from school on a Friday lunchtime to the nearby Odeon for free concerts.  Beggars Opera were a band that comes to mind.  I recall Jethro Tull and Procul Harum (with Tir na Nog) on the same bill  at the Apollo.  The Stones in winter time at the Pavillion.  (The Pavilion? amazing!) Deep Purple at the Electric Gardens.  Excellent stuff.  I'm not trying to score any points here with bands - just happy memories. Keep it coming!

You missed Tear Gas !

7 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I always associate Burn's Howff with Stone the Crows for some reason. Maybe they were the kinda resident band. Maggie Bell was some turn.

52 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You missed Tear Gas !

I saw Alex Harvey and Tear Gas [before they decided on the name SAHB] upstairs at the Apollo [it was called 'Clouds'] they were supporting Stone the Crows.  I think the entrance price was £1.00. I have to say, Glasgow was excellent for live music in the seventies.

10 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Ah nostalgia. My favourite music bar was the dial inn just opposite the old appollo. Seen the original simple minds in there, dolphins, scheme, h20 to name but a few. Burns Howff I remember too. 

Me thinks that you're memory is playing tricks on you..The only dial inn  I can remember was in West Regent street  opposite the side of the Odeon Cinema...

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I saw Alex Harvey and Tear Gas [before they decided on the name SAHB] upstairs at the Apollo [it was called 'Clouds'] they were supporting Stone the Crows.  I think the entrance price was £1.00. I have to say, Glasgow was excellent for live music in the seventies.

Tear Gas played our final year school ‘disco’.......I remember the did a stonking version of whole lotta love 

Edited by javeajag

11 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Me thinks that you're memory is playing tricks on you..The only dial inn  I can remember was in West Regent street  opposite the side of the Odeon Cinema...

Spot on. Seem to remember  going there to hear the henry gorman band.

Edited by Peaty FC
  • Like 1

Surely, its the court who are going to decide our fate (this time), not the clubs?  So whatever he has said to the clubs, I am struggling to see how its relevant to this particular case - that doesn't preclude another different action.

I suppose every (bitter) court case ever has at least one side asserting the other is wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaf said:

Surely, its the court who are going to decide our fate (this time), not the clubs?  So whatever he has said to the clubs, I am struggling to see how its relevant to this particular case - that doesn't preclude another different action.

I suppose every (bitter) court case ever has at least one side asserting the other is wrong.

Just surprising that he’s done this before the Court Case is heard on Wednesday, 

20 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Just surprising that he’s done this before the Court Case is heard on Wednesday, 

Quite.

Potentially an act of incredible stupidity but I guess only seeing the letter will allow us to know.