Transfer window

a f kincaid

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t think that’s great unfortunately, there was too much negativity around the Club on and off the park, would have been better with a fresh start .

Brownlie, Sena, Docherty, Lyons, Rudden, Graham still seem fresh.

Sneddon and Penrice young enough to go on with, which leaves O’Ware and Bannigan who will surely be good enough for League One, Williamson and Gordon big question marks remain, and Mansell who I’d like to see go. 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Can’t see it , can’t go by players anymore and prefers to cut inside .

Need to get pace in the team which we’re sadly lacking.

This I agree with entirely. Another player that can only play effectively in the one position (left wing cutting in). Also agree with post elsewhere. Joe does sees too much of the ball. Not hiding of course is no failing, but too often when he gets caught on the ball too many of his teammates are wrong footed and we're exposed to counter attack. 

Not tho' totally opposed to Joe staying as he's evidently a good guy to have around the squad. Then again I could make the same argument about bringing Erskine back. It's pace tho' that has to be addressed as a priority. 

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

This I agree with entirely. Another player that can only play effectively in the one position (left wing cutting in). Also agree with post elsewhere. Joe does sees too much of the ball. Not hiding of course is no failing, but too often when he gets caught on the ball too many of his teammates are wrong footed and we're exposed to counter attack. 

Not tho' totally opposed to Joe staying as he's evidently a good guy to have around the squad. Then again I could make the same argument about bringing Erskine back. It's pace tho' that has to be addressed as a priority. 

I was going to make the same point as in your second paragraph. If you are looking for an experienced player with a good attitude who can start half the games and come on and influence the other half then I would take Erskine over Cardle every time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I was going to make the same point as in your second paragraph. If you are looking for an experienced player with a good attitude who can start half the games and come on and influence the other half then I would take Erskine over Cardle every time.

They do have one thing in common. They are both guff.

41 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Why do we have to have either ?

23 hours ago, ThickAsThieves said:

Brownlie, Sena, Docherty, Lyons, Rudden, Graham still seem fresh.

Sneddon and Penrice young enough to go on with, which leaves O’Ware and Bannigan who will surely be good enough for League One, Williamson and Gordon big question marks remain, and Mansell who I’d like to see go. 

The pre-injury O’Ware maybe. The O’Ware I watched last season would look out of his depth in the Lowland League 

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The pre-injury O’Ware maybe. The O’Ware I watched last season would look out of his depth in the Lowland League 

Share your opinion. He's possibly a good enough captain, but the guy that skippers the team should be first name on the team sheet. I think if we sign a competent left sided centreback, Brownlie will be ahead of Tam over on the right. So we may have to go three at the back to accommodate O'Ware, and on last season's form I wouldn't go with that formation for that purpose alone. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Docherty made captain and O'Ware benched awhile. That said I'm not writing Tam off by any means.

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The Tam O’ware of last season was a bomb scare , absolutely no pace , no organisation in defence though that wasn’t just his fault ( Fox etc )

Hopefully after a good pre season he’ll be back up to speed .

54 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The Tam O’ware of last season was a bomb scare , absolutely no pace , no organisation in defence though that wasn’t just his fault ( Fox etc )

Hopefully after a good pre season he’ll be back up to speed .

I was also expecting a much higher goal return from Tam, based on his exploits with Morton. Our most successful seasons in reasonably recent memory have involved regularly scoring centre backs, Conrad Balatoni winning promotion and Liam Lindsay in gaining Top 6. It was so great to have that feeling of excited anticipation every time we were awarded a corner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobbyhouston said:

How are you related to him cause he’s pish 

Glad you’re back Bobby , no change you still talk a lot of nonsense, Tommy Robson was our best player in the last 3 or 4 matches , playing as wing back he’s miles ahead of Penrice who IMO offered nothing last season.

12 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Glad you’re back Bobby , no change you still talk a lot of nonsense, Tommy Robson was our best player in the last 3 or 4 matches , playing as wing back he’s miles ahead of Penrice who IMO offered nothing last season.

I’d possibly say Brian Graham was our best player last few games.

by contrast what was really disappointing was how our experienced players like fox, banzo and Oware played - all 3 very poor

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Share your opinion. He's possibly a good enough captain, but the guy that skippers the team should be first name on the team sheet. I think if we sign a competent left sided centreback, Brownlie will be ahead of Tam over on the right. So we may have to go three at the back to accommodate O'Ware, and on last season's form I wouldn't go with that formation for that purpose alone. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Docherty made captain and O'Ware benched awhile. That said I'm not writing Tam off by any means.

I fully expect Docherty to be captain this season. 

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Penrice should be shown the door.

Firstly great to have squad talk back on the forum.  Penrice an odd one.  Looked a star in the making at first and we seemed to coach all confidence out of him.  Has a good peg/delivery when allowed.  Personally last chance saloon with him but there is a player hiding in there somewhere.  

On unrelated note Jordan Turnbull just released by Northampton after playing 40odd games including play off final win in their promotion winning season.  Football a fickle business.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

As Auld Jag has already noted on another thread, Tommy experienced a Damascus Road conversion  and saw the light at half-time of the Celtic cup tie. He followed a dreadful first half with a creditable second half, and then took that confidence into the next few games (especially against Dundee United where his skilful movement won the penalty).

I agree, however, that this was a case of "too little" and certainly "too late",  and his departure is hardly a cause for wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Lady Isobel Barnett has also commented on his lack of versatility. This is surprising. You would have thought that with a name like Tom Robson, he would be equally at home at Number 2, 4, 6 or 8, and that he would always arrive on time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Firstly great to have squad talk back on the forum.  Penrice an odd one.  Looked a star in the making at first and we seemed to coach all confidence out of him.  Has a good peg/delivery when allowed.  Personally last chance saloon with him but there is a player hiding in there somewhere.  

On unrelated note Jordan Turnbull just released by Northampton after playing 40odd games including play off final win in their promotion winning season.  Football a fickle business.

I liked Jordan Turnbull. You could also spell his name on an iPhone using only 3 emojis.

Agree about Penrice. Confidence player who could really start motoring if the team got on to a good run.