Transfer window

a f kincaid

38 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Lady Isobel Barnett has also commented on his lack of versatility. This is surprising. You would have thought that with a name like Tom Robson, he would be equally at home at Number 2, 4, 6 or 8, and that he would always arrive on time.

We just sent him home, on the motorway.:getmecoat:

36 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

As Auld Jag has already noted on another thread, Tommy experienced a Damascus Road conversion  and saw the light at half-time of the Celtic cup tie. He followed a dreadful first half with a creditable second half, and then took that confidence into the next few games (especially against Dundee United where his skilful movement won the penalty).

I agree, however, that this was a case of "too little" and certainly "too late",  and his departure is hardly a cause for wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Lady Isobel Barnett has also commented on his lack of versatility. This is surprising. You would have thought that with a name like Tom Robson, he would be equally at home at Number 2, 4, 6 or 8, and that he would always arrive on time.

In his defence a little bit , McCall hung him out to dry a little bit by playing him at Right Back in the Celtic game .

Last few games for us he showed the form he had at Falkirk , maybe it was too little too late .

15 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Ah but he was never match fit after trucking on through the night.

8 hours ago, elevenone said:

Reece Cole freed by Brentford today.  Worth pursuing again?

Was happy when we extended his loan into the second half of last season. But he was a shadow of the player he was in the first half of his loan, so it would be a no from me.

• Like 1

Great to be talking football again even though the other matter, unless I have missed something, remains unresolvedl

Agree with most of the comments on here about players who are leaving the club. Would also be happy to see Cardle go. He never impressed me.  Would have seen the day I would have supported the return of Doolan and Erskine, but as much as I loved seeing these two in red & yellow those days are gone. A future coaching role perhaps! 

I will regret saying this but also would like to see Archibald go! He is a major cause of the last 3 years of failure and his demeanour is very subdued and negative. He just never seems very enthusiastic about anything to me! 

If we want a fresh start then he needs to go! 

Especially agree that pace (with some skill, composure and technique) is the priority and needed throughout the team! 

I think that's me upto date! 

12 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ah. I see you still dont like anyone else's opinion.

Certainly not yours - a person who is perpetually negative about every player but forms these opinions without attending games. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Certainly not yours - a person who is perpetually negative about every player but forms these opinions without attending games. 

And yet you are so blind that you cant see that Penrice has gone way backwards from when he first came on the scene. Has done nothing in the past 2 seasons. Dreadful player. But hey, dont let the facts cloud your thinking.

15 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

And yet you are so blind that you cant see that Penrice has gone way backwards from when he first came on the scene. Has done nothing in the past 2 seasons. Dreadful player. But hey, dont let the facts cloud your thinking.

I disagree and I have watched him every home game for the past 2 seasons. Have you? 

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Was happy when we extended his loan into the second half of last season. But he was a shadow of the player he was in the first half of his loan, so it would be a no from me.

Could make the same excuse for Cole as Bannigan. The real disappointment in midfield in the second half of the season was MacKinnon. His no show meant there was no steel in defensive mid and Cole and Bannigan had to cover too much defensively. Just possibly with Bannigan having to mind his Ps & Qs (he only picked up one yellow over the last 13 league games), Cole was too often out of position. Put another way one of Cole's strengths was his willingness to play a forward  ball into the box. We saw next to nothing of that latterly and I don't think that was all down to a lack of form or ability.

Regardless of differing opinions about Cole, signing MacKinnon was a dreadful bit of business. He was well overweight and can't have have passed any serious fitness test. Nobody goes from Championship quality in January to Drumchapel United level in 6 months. A worse signing than Gary Harkins.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Could make the same excuse for Cole as Bannigan. The real disappointment in midfield in the second half of the season was MacKinnon. His no show meant there was no steel in defensive mid and Cole and Bannigan had to cover too much defensively. Just possibly with Bannigan having to mind his Ps & Qs (he only picked up one yellow over the last 13 league games), Cole was too often out of position. Put another way one of Cole's strengths was his willingness to play a forward  ball into the box. We saw next to nothing of that latterly and I don't think that was all down to a lack of form or ability.

Regardless of differing opinions about Cole, signing MacKinnon was a dreadful bit of business. He was well overweight and can't have have passed any serious fitness test. Nobody goes from Championship quality in January to Drumchapel United level in 6 months. A worse signing than Gary Harkins.

There probably isnt as much a difference in quality between Drumchapel and us last season to be fair. I agree that MacKinnon was a really poor signing though, as was plenty of other who flattered to deceive. The complete no-show at Gayfield in January still gives me nightmares. That was enough to stop football never mind the ensuing pandemic. The one bit of optimism I have for the forthcoming season is, we surely cant be that bad again

Edited by MonehJags

4 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Penrice has been part of two relegations with us. Another player with a loser mentality we could do without. Anyone wanting Doolan, Erskine, or Cole to come back have also lost their mind. 

Need to stop the rot and develop new, young players in L1. 

100 % this

im sick of hearing bring back Dools bring back Erskine bring back Cole they were the past and both were failing when they left and have done zero since they left. Cole was rank rotten after he extended his stay

i also hate the phrase “they will walk league one” how many players did we say that about when we headed for the championship 

the team needs gutted and fresh Young hungry Players with a point to prove is what we need

sneddon, brownlie, docherty, Lyons, Graham and Rudden is really all I would keep. Could be persuaded on Brannigan but that’s it

Priority should be two new Attack minded full backs

• Like 1