Transfer window

a f kincaid

QP going professional, ambitious clubs (with resources) in the Highland and Lowland leagues, rumours about some SPFL and Division 1 and 2 teams on the brink of liquidation..... Could we be heading for a fundamental reorganization of the entire professional (and semi-professional) game in Scotland?

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

QP going professional, ambitious clubs (with resources) in the Highland and Lowland leagues, rumours about some SPFL and Division 1 and 2 teams on the brink of liquidation..... Could we be heading for a fundamental reorganization of the entire professional (and semi-professional) game in Scotland?

It wouldn't be before time.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

It’s already starting to happen https://wosfl.co.uk/

29 minutes ago, jaggy said:

It’s already starting to happen https://wosfl.co.uk/

Interesting stuff. So we now have 2 clubs from East Kilbride who could both end up in the SPFL? Crazy stuff. But hey, that's Scottish football for you. And Bonnyton Thistle 2 tiers away from SPFL , another Kilmarnock club.

Edited by Garscube Road End

In an unprecedented (copyright C Young)  the town of Brechin has been moved lock stock and barrel on the back of 1,000 low loaders and established in open land just near Linlithgow.  A spokesman for the main sponsor of the move, the SPFL, said the decision had been taken in the interests of footballing integrity and as a result of a secret vote by member clubs. The result of the vote is believed to have been a resounding "no" but  2 Premiership clubs had voted "Yes" so the move was entirely democratic.

Edited by a f kincaid
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Interesting stuff. So we now have 2 clubs from East Kilbride who could both end up in the SPFL? Crazy stuff. But hey, that's Scottish football for you. And Bonnyton Thistle 2 tiers away from SPFL , another Kilmarnock club.

I think there's more to it, with East & South of Scotland leagues in the pyramid, I presume teams in the North and Fife as well. The way EK Thistle have been playing for many years I think it's unlikely they'll even make the Lowland League. EKFC have been aiming for the SPFL for many years and failed in playoffs twice, lost to Cowdenbeath in the final, and more recently thrashed by Cove in the Semi. With Paton, Squiddy and possibly other ex-Jags in the team I might go and see them if we're away next season

I was disappointed that we let him go at the time. We have just been relegated and thought he had a decent reputation when out on loan so he could have done a job as a back up to Doolan.

However i suppose sometimes these things happen and maybe if he stay at thistle for the last two years he would be playing Junior football now. 

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I was disappointed that we let him go at the time. We have just been relegated and thought he had a decent reputation when out on loan so he could have done a job as a back up to Doolan.

However i suppose sometimes these things happen and maybe if he stay at thistle for the last two years he would be playing Junior football now. 

Think Kevin Nisbet let himself down a bit in his 2 loan spells at Dumbarton and Ayr , actually think McCall sent him back to us before his loan was completed . Think everyone at Firhill saw his potential but think his attitude has changed now.

Good luck to him at Hibs .

Nesbit seemed to be a real prospect but his loan spells at both Ayr & Dumbarton were underwhelming and he himself apparently accepts that his attitude at Thistle was not good so I suppose there can be little criticism of the decision to release him at that time. 

I didn't have an opinion of his ability because apart from a few minutes as an occasional substitute, I didn't ever see him play for Thistle. I do think it is a legitimate criticism of the Weir Academy and Scottish Football in general that young players with potential are not given a real chance in the first team.  Instead,  we gave regular starts to Ryan Stevenson  (talented but with poor application and not a striker), Pogba ( lumbering, lazy & useless), Azeez (fast, strong, hopeless finisher) and Myles Storey( got into great positions then messed up) plus a few other random almost forgotten guys like Nathan Eccleston. I don't think that lot scored much more than 10 goals amongst them. 

I would much rather have seen a young Kevin Nesbit given the chance to see what he could do. 

Edited by Winter of '63
  • Like 2