Transfer window

a f kincaid

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Isnt he in India?

Playing for Real Kashmir until lockdown in India.  He featured in the BBC documentary and although homesick after leaving behind family stated he was getting paid more there than anytime playing in Scotland so unless he is prepared to take big pay cut I can’t see how we could be matching those wages.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:02 PM, jlsarmy said:

Think Kevin Nisbet let himself down a bit in his 2 loan spells at Dumbarton and Ayr , actually think McCall sent him back to us before his loan was completed . Think everyone at Firhill saw his potential but think his attitude has changed now.

Good luck to him at Hibs .

He admits himself his attitude wasn’t right at Thistle. Hope he does well at Hibs. Different pressure than from playing at Raith or Pars and you’re expected to win most weeks. If he does well the first few months of the season there’s every chance he could be called up to the Scotland squad.

15 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Apart from Manpreet on Twitter has there been anyone else linking us with Higgy and Tremarco? I hope there’s no crowds allowed in all season if that’s the standard of player we’re signing!

Think you’re going to get a shock with the standard of player we can actually afford, remember we’re going to play in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Indeed. It will be a few jobsworth players to get us out of the division. 

In the relatively recent past we actually needed some pretty good players at or near the top of their form to get us out of the third tier. Guys like Danny Lennon, Steven Craigan, Martin Hardie, Scott McLean, Mark Roberts and the Bull (whose real name has temporarily eluded me!), were certainly not jobsworths.

Just came back to me: Scott McCulloch. Not saying that he was the world's greatest player, but his free kick goals brought us an added scoring dimension.

7 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

In the relatively recent past we actually needed some pretty good players at or near the top of their form to get us out of the third tier. Guys like Danny Lennon, Steven Craigan, Martin Hardie, Scott McLean, Mark Roberts and the Bull (whose real name has temporarily eluded me!), were certainly not jobsworths.

Just came back to me: Scott McCulloch. Not saying that he was the world's greatest player, but his free kick goals brought us an added scoring dimension.

Let's be honest. Our budget could be so tight that we have to sign jobsworths.

Came up with about half a dozen jobsworths but everyone of them is playing at a higher level. Partickthedog mentions the players we've needed in the past to get us out this division. We'll be lucky to get anyone close to similar quality and attitude. A Danny Lennon circa 2000 model and a 2005 Mark Roberts would do the biz.

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Let's be honest. Our budget could be so tight that we have to sign jobsworths.

Fair enough, there will of necessity have to be quite a few jobsworths in there. But jobsworths alone will never be enough. There will need to be a few inspirational and high-performing non-jobsworths!

9 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Came up with about half a dozen jobsworths but everyone of them is playing at a higher level. Partickthedog mentions the players we've needed in the past to get us out this division. We'll be lucky to get anyone close to similar quality and attitude. A Danny Lennon circa 2000 model and a 2005 Mark Roberts would do the biz.

That's the worry. 

7 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Fair enough, there will of necessity have to be quite a few jobsworths in there. But jobsworths alone will never be enough. There will need to be a few inspirational and high-performing non-jobsworths!

Will have to come from what we have. Lyons and Rudden look good prospects if they stay fit. Montrose fans were impressed by Niang. Some of our 'established'guys have to grow a pair and step up to the plate where they haven't recently. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Will have to come from what we have. Lyons and Rudden look good prospects if they stay fit. Montrose fans were impressed by Niang. Some of our 'established'guys have to grow a pair and step up to the plate where they haven't recently. 

Brian Graham was one of the few seemed to care in 2020. I think he could score a bonanza in league one as could a confident Rudden 

Is it just me or have we redefined the meaning of jobsworth?

"A low ranking official who follows their instructions and procedure to the letter. Often just to piss you off and to make them feel important.
Term derives from the jobsworth mantra "I can't let you do that, it's more than my job's worth".

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

After a night out in Kelty the poor lad will wish he was back in the comparative peaceful and civilised Kashmir.

If he doesn’t behave, he’ll be sentenced to two nights out in Kelty.....with Bob Malcolm.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Brian Graham was one of the few seemed to care in 2020. I think he could score a bonanza in league one as could a confident Rudden 

Not sure about that , Brian Graham has never been a prolific scorer apart from 1 season at Raith a long time ago , his stats say he’s a 10 goal a season striker, got to hope Zak Rudden is going to help a lot .