Transfer window

a f kincaid

From the BBC...

The summer transfer window for Scottish clubs begins on Tuesday and will remain open until midnight on 5 October.

The joint response group says the new window addresses the staggered start to the new season and need to "strike an appropriate balance" for clubs to strengthen their squads.

While the top flight kicks off in August, Championship clubs are due to begin a shortened 27-game season on 17 October, with the bottom two tiers also aiming for an October start.

The SPFL board has also agreed to amend rules on the existing October loan window so that it covers Championship clubs in addition to Leagues One and Two.

2 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Anybody got stats on us conceding from corner kicks and comparing us to other sides?

Not sure about compared to other sides, but in 39 matches (all competitions) last season, we conceded 16 goals from set-pieces and 1 from a long-throw. We also conceded around another 10 from crosses into the box too. 

Another classic decision. This time from the SFA. The TW normally runs from the beginning of July until the end of August does it not? So, half close season, half the first month of fixtures broadly speaking.  With the Premiership starting on 1 August this decision (requested by the SFA to FIFA) - mid July to first week in October - seems fair but what about the lower leagues? The window will have slammed shut 12 days before the season starts giving clubs absolutely no time to assess players in actual games and at a time when most club officials are still on furlough.  Was it beyond their capabilities to ask for a different window period to accommodate the late start for lower league clubs?  Thank you SFA.

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

Erskine signs for East Kilbride.

Would have taken Erskine and Paton back even on short term contracts , they’ve both got the leadership qualities and experience to get us promotion at the first attempt, only Brian Graham has got anything about him in terms of leadership which isn’t enough for a promotion push .

Erskine and Paton have too much ability to be playing at Lowland League level.

2 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Another classic decision. This time from the SFA. The TW normally runs from the beginning of July until the end of August does it not? So, half close season, half the first month of fixtures broadly speaking.  With the Premiership starting on 1 August this decision (requested by the SFA to FIFA) - mid July to first week in October - seems fair but what about the lower leagues? The window will have slammed shut 12 days before the season starts giving clubs absolutely no time to assess players in actual games and at a time when most club officials are still on furlough.  Was it beyond their capabilities to ask for a different window period to accommodate the late start for lower league clubs?  Thank you SFA.

Did you expect anything else from Maxie, seriously out his depth .

9 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

I'm amazed a transfer window is still a concept in these litigious times. Away from the top echelons of the game what is the point of it?

Organisations must have rules and get others to adhere to them. Otherwise what would be the point of the organisation? :blink:

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Would have taken Erskine and Paton back even on short term contracts , they’ve both got the leadership qualities and experience to get us promotion at the first attempt, only Brian Graham has got anything about him in terms of leadership which isn’t enough for a promotion push .

Erskine and Paton have too much ability to be playing at Lowland League level.

Tam o ware and banzo need to show some leadership unlike last season otherwise I see no point in them being here

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Tam o ware and banzo need to show some leadership unlike last season otherwise I see no point in them being here

Agree and both their contracts were extended to May 2022 by McCall. A big season for all 3 coming up.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree and both their contracts were extended to May 2022 by McCall. A big season for all 3 coming up.

I don’t think O’ware or Bannigan are Captains , we need an experienced pro like a Paton or a Stephen Anderson to call people out if they’re not pulling their weight . 

30 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I don’t think O’ware or Bannigan are Captains , we need an experienced pro like a Paton or a Stephen Anderson to call people out if they’re not pulling their weight . 

Think Docherty will be made captain, as he was McCall’s captain at Ayr, so he possibly believes he would be best suit

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 12:24 PM, Lenziejag said:

SPFL being the premiership only or all 42 clubs ? 

He said “. 40-50% of the SPFL” so  I assume he meant all 42 clubs, although quite a few of our Championship  teams wouldn’t cut it in the National League.

He also said that if you thought watching 2 teams  in the lower half of the premiership playing on a plastic pitch was a good product then “ you were kidding yourself”

Unfortunately I agree, wholeheartedly. 

16 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Erskine and Paton to 5th tier East Kilbride? Wtf? Surely there are better options for both players?  Are they getting other employment out of whoever is backing them?  I'd have taken both back.

I think the best of all signings from a club's point of view I've seen of late is Paton to East Kilbride.  I wouldn't have wanted him at Firhill, but he'll get so much more time on the ball at EK's level he's bound to be so influential.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Erskine and Paton to 5th tier East Kilbride? Wtf? Surely there are better options for both players?  Are they getting other employment out of whoever is backing them?  I'd have taken both back.

I believe that Chris Erskine lives in East Kilbride and that he is devoting a lot of time and energy into launching and building up his "post-football" career as a personal fitness trainer. So I can see this move working well for him at various levels. Also it may be more simulating being part of a "project" aiming at SPFL status rather than serving out time at a stagnating League 2 club.  

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Both wanted to go part time I think.