Transfer window

a f kincaid

14 hours ago, sandbank boy said:

You’re not far off the mark

Darien MacKinnon went to Drumchapel  as he got a job with roofing company who sponsor them.  35 year old so makes sense and he said he had lost his love for pro football.  Still think Erskine and Paton had something to offer.  We are well covered in central mid so maybe not Paton but Erskine would have been great. 

Note:  I admit and accept I am totally and utterly blinded by my love for him and Doolan so not the correct person to be making decisions like this.

8 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Darien MacKinnon went to Drumchapel  as he got a job with roofing company who sponsor them.  35 year old so makes sense and he said he had lost his love for pro football.  Still think Erskine and Paton had something to offer.  We are well covered in central mid so maybe not Paton but Erskine would have been great. 

Note:  I admit and accept I am totally and utterly blinded by my love for him and Doolan so not the correct person to be making decisions like this.

I do understand your affliction @Lambies Lost Doo as I suffer from the same.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is McCall back at work from furlough, or are we signing a player without the manager confirming

According to the article in The S*n regarding this, McCall is in talks with him right now, so therefore he’s obviously back working I assume. 

1 hour ago, Paukea said:

Ricky Foster incoming apparently 

A good signing, he’s dropping down a couple divisions to come as well clearly. Experience and solidity, plus competition for the RB spot, as I’m less than convinced with Williamson. 

6 minutes ago, CGJags said:

A good signing, he’s dropping down a couple divisions to come as well clearly. Experience and solidity, plus competition for the RB spot, as I’m less than convinced with Williamson. 

I feel Williamson is better in a more attacking role, maybe wide right of midfield. He delivers well into the box

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CGJags said:

Replacement for Williamson or to generally bolster our right-side of defence? He's the guy that had the on pitch brawl with a team mate at St J?

8 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Replacement for Williamson or to generally bolster our right-side of defence? He's the guy that had the on pitch brawl with a team mate at St J?

Williamson still could have something to offer, so doubt it’s an out and out replacement, and yes he’s the guy that had the brawl with his teammate at St Johnstone, hopefully he will not continue that trait at Thistle. 

12 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I feel Williamson is better in a more attacking role, maybe wide right of midfield. He delivers well into the box

Yeah I tend to agree with that, he’s pretty woeful defensively but his crossing is good, although he stays on the ball for an age at times. 

15 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Urrrgh. Old pro.  We had that type for a long time and then changed under Jackie Mac for the better.  Disruptive mouthy with equally mouthy wife who gets lots of media coverage.

Archibald, Murray, Rowson, Craig. There’s still a place for old pros in a young squad. Can play both full-back positions, has been playing in the Premiership and is better than Williamson. No brainer for me. 

Edited by ThickAsThieves