Transfer window

a f kincaid

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

I don't get it about Penrice..He has been an everpesent  for nearly the past 3 seasons and I don't think that he has let us down that often..A player that if we were to let go I think would go to bigger thinks..

He’s not really particularly effective for a full-back though, however he’s still young maybe there’s hope and improvement in him yet. He never really stands out but he always gives it everything he’s got, the only real massive mistake I remember him making was up at Dens Park when he gifted Dundee their second goal. 

12 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Heard a lot of positives about him from Doonhamers fans.

welcome Connor 

thats 3 potentially excellent  signings so far this summer with Docherty, Foster and Murray

Is there such a thing as a signing who is not “potentially” excellent. Most turn out to be crap, but they all start out with potential

2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

I don't get it about Penrice..He has been an everpesent  for nearly the past 3 seasons and I don't think that he has let us down that often..A player that if we were to let go I think would go to bigger thinks..

Penrice hasn’t pushed on from the player he was a couple of years ago , his game then was pushing forward and one of the key parts of his game was his delivery at set pieces .

At this moment playing in a 3 at the back doesn’t work because as a wing back he’s exposed for his lack of pace , IMO he needs to get fitter if he wants to push on to a higher level as there is a player in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

I agree with this. I admit to not seeing as many games as I would like but as a first time season ticket holder hope to put that right next season regardless wlof league! 

To the point. Games I have seen Penrice has been an  OK performer. Steady and reliable. 

Is part of the problem for a Jags full-back that they are being compared to SOD & AGS? 

25 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Penrice hasn’t pushed on from the player he was a couple of years ago , his game then was pushing forward and one of the key parts of his game was his delivery at set pieces .

At this moment playing in a 3 at the back doesn’t work because as a wing back he’s exposed for his lack of pace , IMO he needs to get fitter if he wants to push on to a higher level as there is a player in there somewhere.

So it's the system and not the player? 

58 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Heard a lot of positives about him from Doonhamers fans.

welcome Connor 

thats 3 potentially excellent  signings so far this summer with Docherty, Foster and Murray

Hopefully an excellent addition, would be pleased with more of the same, as we get closer to matches. 

41 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I agree with this. I admit to not seeing as many games as I would like but as a first time season ticket holder hope to put that right next season regardless wlof league! 

To the point. Games I have seen Penrice has been an  OK performer. Steady and reliable. 

Is part of the problem for a Jags full-back that they are being compared to SOD & AGS? 

That's pretty much him, nothing brilliant, but he does a job. I think he's still got a lot to learn and improve on. 

44 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

So it's the system and not the player? 

He doesn't suit 3-5-2, but he's not played in it THAT often. He's also been thrown in at Left Centre-Half, during a game or 2 before. He best suits a back 4, with him as LB, with a winger in front of him.