Sign in to follow this  
a f kincaid

Transfer window

Has anyone seen any referfence to what is happening on the transfer window?  In a normal season the main window is open for two months -July and August. While that might still be approporiate for the Premiership what about the leagues starting in mid-October or later?  Who "owns" the transfer window?  Are clubs expected to sign players before 31 August at least 6 weeks before football starts (and probably before they even start training)? 

Has anyone heard anything from McCall and the football management team? They have been very quiet in recent weeks/ months.

1 hour ago, fenski said:

Has anyone heard anything from McCall and the football management team? They have been very quiet in recent weeks/ months.

They are on furlough so they cannot work presently and do interviews etc. The only player not on furlough is Ross Docherty

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

They are on furlough so they cannot work presently and do interviews etc. The only player not on furlough is Ross Docherty

Of course. Stupid me. I hadn't thought of that.

Alex Jones, Steven Saunders, Darian MacKinnon, Tommy Robson, Evan Galasso,Ruarigh McIntyre will all leave 31st July

club in talks with Joe Cardle

25 minutes ago, Paukea said:

Alex Jones, Steven Saunders, Darian MacKinnon, Tommy Robson, Evan Galasso,Ruarigh McIntyre will all leave 31st July

club in talks with Joe Cardle

Only one I would have kept would have been Tommy Robson.

I wouldn’t have kept any of them - more Caldwell rejects. Good riddance.
And Cardle can be added to the list. The only consistent thing about him is his ability to hide in every game he plays.

I only made it along to about 8 matches last season but from what I saw the problem with Cardle for me wasn’t that he went into hiding, it was that he tried too hard to do it all himself. Not sure he has it in him anymore, even at League One level. 

• Like 1

I thought McIntyre might have been kept on but not the least bit surprised to see the others leave. Robson was showing a bit of form latterly and he's an easy player to like. Unfortunately he's not versatile enough, in so much as he doesn't offer much in defence. We may be forced into going with a small squad so having guys that can cover two or three positions could be important.