New Sponsor

javeajag

On 8/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, javeajag said:

At first I wondered why a company dealing with the USA considered it beneficial to sponsor the Thistle.  On reading Chris Edwards case study on the OS it all became clear, and made sense.

It reminded me of Tony Glavin, Ronnie's younger brother. He was a friend of my younger brother and they were in the same class at school. Tony went through the Queens Park youth set up, and played for a couple of seasons for the senior side in the mid to late 70's.  He then went to the States and played for Philadelphia Fury for a couple of seasons.  He then played for other clubs, and moved into team coaching.  The final club he coached, St Louis Ambush, sacked him despite him being part owner! Aptly named club.  Tony did have a spell with Hamilton Accies in 1979.

Ronnie went to the States to play for St Louis Steamers  in 1986, I think it was. I don't think he stayed long!!

I wish our new sponsor well and hope that their partnership with the Jags goes well.