Jags and Jambos v The Rest - 01/07/20

Dick Dastardly

6 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

SPFL admit that Dundee vote received at 4:48?pm.   Lord Clark said that he will need to take the SPFL Council's "Oot the gemme" comment, and the severe possible penalties (expulsion and up to £1 million fine) into account when making his decision.  Borland DUetc Counci" not happy.  No teamwork there!

I would be happy if the Dees took a £1m hit

3 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

SPFL admit that Dundee vote received at 4:48?pm.   Lord Clark said that he will need to take the SPFL Council's "Oot the gemme" comment, and the severe possible penalties (expulsion and up to £1 million fine) into account when making his decision.  Borland DUetc Counci" not happy.  No teamwork there!

Was that an own goal by the SPFL or potentially a late winner ?

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

3 J's, Jute, Jam & Journalism. Although Kieller is known for marmalade as well

Alas in these modern days two of the "Js" are sadly no longer. The jute industry has long disappeared and it's stretching things way too far these days to equate DC Thomson with journalism. But I hear not all is lost and Dundee is back to two "Js", Jam and Jiggery-Pokery (thanks to Mr Nelms (MD of Dundee 1658 FC )

7 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Alas in these modern days two of the "Js" are sadly no longer. The jute industry has long disappeared and it's stretching things way too far these days to equate DC Thomson with journalism. But I hear not all is lost and Dundee is back to two "Js", Jam and Jiggery-Pokery (thanks to Mr Nelms (MD of Dundee 1658 FC )

Don't forget Junk (the V&A).

16 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Was that an own goal by the SPFL or potentially a late winner ?

Maybe wishful thinking, but it sounds like an own goal to me. Combined with Saturday's letter, it amounts to issuing threats while a hearing is in progress. Any suggestion that the rule book of the SPFL, or indeed any other organisation, should take precedence over the law of the land is not going to go down well with the legal establishment.

It seems that Neil Doncaster is not familiar with the expression "when you're in a hole, stop digging".