League 1 to start October 17th

weebaldie

"Of course, the safety of players and staff at all of the clubs involved will remain paramount, with these dates still contingent on the continued reduction in the virus' spread."

So does this condition only apply to Leagues 1 and 2, but not the the top two divisions? 

Wouldn't surprise me if "paramount" had a different meaning depending on what division was being talked about by the SPFL.

It was mention during the Scottish Government briefing that potentially (In Pencil) that fans would be allowed to attend games from October. They did highlighted that this isnt set in stone and is based on how we are limiting the Virus at present but this could change if we see any spikes in the mean time.

I think the lower league clubs have potentially got this right. Aug/sept is probably too soon but fingers crossed everything going well football hopefully can return in October with fans. 

With a full league season never been likely It stands to reason that at sometime we've got to plan for a truncated competition. So we're now planning for a three quarter season. Putting aside the idiocy of playing 27 games, the time frame of kicking off the season in mid October looks feasible.

It's still tho' only notional, something to prepare for and can't be written in stone.  I doubt very few clubs could afford much more than a game or two behind closed doors. So much is riding on forces outside our control I wouldn't rule out some sort of League One & Two amalgam. I don't believe everything is hunky dory in the Championship so could easily impact further up the food chain as well. Neither do I believe that allowing clubs in the lower two tiers to mothball is completely off the agenda. I'd also suggest that many clubs can't afford to miss out on Saturday afternoon home games, so a fixture pile up entailing midweek matches could be crippling. 

Unless there is a really bad upsurge of the virus by October, surely one thing about division 1 is that if still some worries about virus, crowds there are generally so small they can easily spread fans out wide enough for safety.   I mean we've got three stands totaling 10000 seats and likely to get at most 3000 crowd - accepting families and neighbours allowed to be together, we ought to be able to spread fans about adequately. Take some planning but surely can be done.

2 hours ago, Mr Bunny said:

Unless there is a really bad upsurge of the virus by October, surely one thing about division 1 is that if still some worries about virus, crowds there are generally so small they can easily spread fans out wide enough for safety.   I mean we've got three stands totaling 10000 seats and likely to get at most 3000 crowd - accepting families and neighbours allowed to be together, we ought to be able to spread fans about adequately. Take some planning but surely can be done.

I'm sure you can spread folk about adequately but what happens when some one in the middle of a row gets up to go the toilet, for a pie, to leave early etc? How can you socially distance at half time? Not saying it can't be done but I think it'll be a lot easier in grounds where there's terracing/standing areas like Forfar or East Fife for instance.

55 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm sure you can spread folk about adequately but what happens when some one in the middle of a row gets up to go the toilet, for a pie, to leave early etc? How can you socially distance at half time? Not saying it can't be done but I think it'll be a lot easier in grounds where there's terracing/standing areas like Forfar or East Fife for instance.

Covid-safe-standing...

33 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Covid-safe-standing...

Sorry, but this just popped into my head:

We're all standing on a Covid terracing

No more worries for an hour or two

Fun and laughter on a Covid terracing

Jags make our dreams come true

Then we'll all get flu....

Coat and face mask on......