Premiership Fixtures

michael m

Interesting to note that Celtic v Rangers, normally 3rd or 4th round of fixtures, will now be the 11th round of fixtures, deliberately delayed till as late as possible to allow the “greatest club game in the world” to be played in front of a crowd. Now this could be just pure coincidence but I suspect more favour being shown to the bigger sides.  Now this may be police or Sky pressure but it might just be some Scottish clubs holding greater power in the SPFL. Any thoughts from my fellow Thistle fans? I’m really angry about this. Justified anger or shouldn’t I give a toss?

In terms of public order, I would have thought it would be better to get the game done sooner. It's more likely to cause problems when a reduced crowd are allowed in and a fewer people are allowed into pubs to watch it. Therefore I think it's about Sky and lining the Old Firm coffers. Blatant and shameless.

I'm not surprised. Given what we're going through with the SPFL, I don't feel anger about this. Yes, you should give a toss. We should all give a toss. The whole of Scottish football should give a toss. Unfortunately we have a situation where each member club of the SPFL wants only what it deems to be best for itself. There is no unity, no common purpose, no 'for the good of the game'. It's busted. I can barely raise a shrug.

• Like 4