League 1.

The Premier league clubs have voted to increase the amount of useable  subs from 3 to 5. Teams are only allowed to stop the play 3 times to make the subs. A total off 9 players are allowed on the bench. The other leagues will have a vote on this before the 17th October. The new rules will be used in the League and Challenge cups. They will only be used in the 2020/21 season.

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

The Premier league clubs have voted to increase the amount of useable  subs from 3 to 5. Teams are only allowed to stop the play 3 times to make the subs. A total off 9 players are allowed on the bench. The other leagues will have a vote on this before the 17th October. The new rules will be used in the League and Challenge cups. They will only be used in the 2020/21 season.

This was put forward as a result of the pandemic. Don't get that.

5 hours ago, exiledjag said:

And their manager (McInally) who had a dig at Raith Rovers for not supporting reconstruction (contrary to their 'public face') and helping Falkirk! He said he would never forgive Raith! Strong stuff from a non-Jag! 

I like McInally, seems to pretty much just say what he thinks and it's usually something I either agree with or can see his point of view.  Hope he does reasonably well this season, a close 2nd would be nice.

Edited by sb1876

40 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Maybe they have cancelled promotion or relegation this season 

McGregor did come up with this beauty several weeks ago.  Difficulty is that the SPFL called the lower divisions for 19/20, with the later calling of the Premier Division on average points per game..   They in all probability will not be able to N & V the Premiership for the 20/21 season because of their contractual arrangements with Sky, but can they seek to do this for the lower divisions?

The SPFL Exec did seek power to make Covid decisions for this season, but were knocked back by clubs.  The  fact that it is 20/21 and not 19/20 will not make a blind bit of a difference to the SPFL, and their Sky contract is their only sacred cow.   If their is another lockdown or big outbreak, they will turn the argument 180 degrees round and claim that N & V for the lower divisions is the only fair outcome, as we are playing a reduced number of games.   Others quoted extracts from "Animal Farm" in the Court thread, but the SPFL are capable of trying to manipulate this for real.

Fun ahead.

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

They wouldn’t do that , would they ?

As we have been told time and time again, the SPFL can only do what the Clubs tell them to do. They have no power of their own apparently. 

So if relegation/ promotion was to be cancelled for 20/21 season, they would need  a serios of votes. 

I’m wondering if the season will actually start in October as the UK appears (or is reported) to be accelerating towards a 2nd wave. 
The first one stopped sport in Scotland for 5 month, if something similar happens football (In Scotland Lower leagues) won’t happen this calendar year

4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m wondering if the season will actually start in October as the UK appears (or is reported) to be accelerating towards a 2nd wave. 
The first one stopped sport in Scotland for 5 month, if something similar happens football (In Scotland Lower leagues) won’t happen this calendar year

No one really knows I suppose, but yesterday’s news regarding supporters (in reduced numbers) being back in stadia in Premiership, mid-September was promising. I think the SFA are also set to allow some Scotland fans into Hampden for a match early September too. 

2 hours ago, CGJags said:

No one really knows I suppose, but yesterday’s news regarding supporters (in reduced numbers) being back in stadia in Premiership, mid-September was promising. I think the SFA are also set to allow some Scotland fans into Hampden for a match early September too. 

Aye and they might even have a ballot for away places to our opening game at Clyde in October. With just a few losers getting tickets! :sad1:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CGJags said:

Somebody has slipped up there! The first Old Firm Derby is 31st August.  See that SPFL. They canny get anything right.

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Somebody has slipped up there! The first Old Firm Derby is 31st August.  See that SPFL. They canny get anything right.

No it isn’t. They deliberately set it for October as the Scot Gov pathway had indicated the possible return of crowds from September. 

1 minute ago, Jaggernaut said:

Whatever happens, we need to win our opening game. If we lose it and find ourselves at the bottom of the league on goal difference then the season gets shut down due to the expected Covid resurgence....... well, guess what will happen.

Even if the season runs for the 27 games, a faulty start is big problem to the shorter season.