League 1.

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Even if the season runs for the 27 games, a faulty start is big problem to the shorter season.

Absolutely This. 

15 points out of 15 in the first 5 matches, is the only thing really acceptable if we want to give this a real go. There is quite literally no time for slip ups. In our first 5 games we face all the teams I reckon could challenge for the title, (and Clyde). So 15 out of 15 would be massive. 

1 hour ago, CGJags said:

Absolutely This. 

15 points out of 15 in the first 5 matches, is the only thing really acceptable if we want to give this a real go. There is quite literally no time for slip ups. In our first 5 games we face all the teams I reckon could challenge for the title, (and Clyde). So 15 out of 15 would be massive. 

Absolutely agree with the need for a good start, after the dispiriting and confidence-sapping way we have launched our last several league campaigns (even the two most successful in the Premier League where we almost reached top 6, and then did so, involved recovering after a poor opening spell). However, 15 points from 5 games has to be classed as an ideal outcome rather than "the only thing really acceptable".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Absolutely agree with the need for a good start, after the dispiriting and confidence-sapping way we have launched our last several league campaigns (even the two most successful in the Premier League where we almost reached top 6, and then did so, involved recovering after a poor opening spell). However, 15 points from 5 games has to be classed as an ideal outcome rather than "the only thing really acceptable".

Fair enough, I was perhaps being slightly extreme saying it was the only thing acceptable. But at the very least, we can’t lose any of the first 5 games, it’s a massive chance to lay down a marker for the season.

2 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

When was the last time Thistle won 15 points out of 15 in the first 5 matches?!

The last time we got promoted, so if we can do it this time, there’s a real chance to gain confidence and go and get promoted. Also, With it being a short season, it’s important to really get going from the off. 

Don't disagree we need to get of to a good start this coming season, with there being fewer games not much room for any really bad results. If i remember correctly after we got relegated from the 81/82 premiership we started the 82/83 first division really well, we then faded and ended up third.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:56 AM, Garscube Road End said:

The SFA and the SPFl dont give a flying **** about clubs outside the Premiership. Thay would be more than happy to let everyone below that to go bust and have just one league with no relegation. 

As Jags we clearly and with justification don't trust or have any faith in the SPFL/SFA! 

However, although I think I understand the basis of your statement  I am not sure I agree with it. I have always thought that the lower leagues were the power base of, in particular, the  SPFL. 

It's the clubs  (chairmen/chairwomen) in the lower leagues that can be more easily manipulated and bullied by the SPFL. In the SPL some clubs, Celtic certainly, and perhaps Hibs, Kilmarnock & Dundee Utd have more influence within the SPFL! However when push comes to shove they still only have one vote! I think under the present constitution the SPFL need to keep the lower league clubs onside!