Away Kit

jaggy

22 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Personally I am always wary of swear words on clothes after i got a row in the early 90’s from a copper when i was wearing my Inspiral Carpets ‘Cool as F**k’ T-shirt :hypocrite:.  I do like the defiance of it though.  In fact the whole mantra could be adopted on merch everywhere ‘back to f***ing school’, ‘no more f***ing furlough for me’  etc :D

Irony being I am wearing my FTOF t-Shirt as i typed that.

Always told people it meant Forget The Old Firm....rarely was I believed!

40 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Always told people it meant Forget The Old Firm....rarely was I believed!

When I was working at the club I fielded a call from someone who had been at hospitality and had seen a brick on the Jackie Husband Stand who wanted to know what we were going to do about a brick with FTOF on it.  I expressed to him that I had no idea what it stood for and didn’t think it appropriate to act.  He said you must know it stands for F**k the old firm to which I said it could mean Free the old firm because they were unable to break away from Scottish Football but he said that I knew fine well what it meant and he was going to go to the press about it.  Sadly the bosses were a wee bit feart and did bow to his wishes - I would have stuck to my guns and left it.  Whose with me? Should we free the old firm!!

14 minutes ago, michael m said:

When I was working at the club I fielded a call from someone who had been at hospitality and had seen a brick on the Jackie Husband Stand who wanted to know what we were going to do about a brick with FTOF on it.  I expressed to him that I had no idea what it stood for and didn’t think it appropriate to act.  He said you must know it stands for F**k the old firm to which I said it could mean Free the old firm because they were unable to break away from Scottish Football but he said that I knew fine well what it meant and he was going to go to the press about it.  Sadly the bosses were a wee bit feart and did bow to his wishes - I would have stuck to my guns and left it.  Whose with me? Should we free the old firm!!

Yep free them (preferably somewhere over the Atlantic).

I had a dream the other night that after 2 years of bad blood & hostility from other SPFL clubs the Jags decided to enter secret negotiations with the FA (2022). They in turn were receptive to PTFC as it provided them with an opportunity to block the Old Firm (and associated baggage) by insisting we join the FA at Tier 5 (2023). 

We then gave the SPFL the required 3 years notice of our intention to resign wef 2026. The SPFL of course tried every dirty trick in the book to prevent PTFC joining the FA but the FA held the line and PTFC prevailed. 

Now here comes the good bit. On joining the FA (2026) we were immediately sponsored by a multi-millionaire (me) and within a further  5 years (2031) The Jags  were a mid-championship  level club. Promotion to the PL was finally secured by 2033 where surprising everyone we stayed forever. 

Firhill was developed into a 45000 all seated stadium, we had 40000 season ticket holders and we signed (if we wanted) all the best players in Scotland because we could offer big wages and the players could live in Scotland and play in the PL. 

I didn't get as far as dreaming that we won the PL or qualified for the Champions League or knock Celtic out with a 9-3 aggregate  but there's always tonight! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...