Buying / Renewing a Season Ticket for 2020/21 and attending Firhill this season

Sinistar

Buying / Renewing a Season Ticket for 2020/21 and attending Firhill this season  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Buying / Renewing a Season Ticket for Season 2020/21

• I have already bought / renewed a Season Ticket for Season 2020/21
    • I have no intention of buying / renewing a Season Ticket for Season 2020/21
    • I might buy or renew a Season Ticket for Season 2020/21
    • I'll probably just Pay At the Gate and see how things go
  2. 2. Reasons Why I'm not buying or renewing a Season Ticket for Season 2020/21 and / or why I will be attending less games this season

• It's poor value - the price has stayed the same and there's less games
    • I'm totally scunnered. We've been relegated twice, I've lost interest and there's other things I can do on a Saturday
    • Ian McCall
    • Jacqui Low
    • I'm worried about Covid Virus
    • I'm still getting over Gary Caldwell being manager
    • Already renewed so none of this applies
  3. 3. What would encourage you / change your mind about buying / renewing a Season Ticket and/or attending more home games this season?

• Additional signings and the team get off to a winning start
    • We see some real progress in fan ownership taking place
    • They reduce the price of a Season Ticket / Entry to the ground
    • Standing / Rail seating is installed in the Bing with bar facilities, a smoking area and a food stall selling bespoke vegan fare
    • Change of Manager
    • Change of Director
    • Kingsley returns with a new colour - red perhaps?
    • A keenly priced family / group season ticket eg for 4 people to gain entry
    • The return of King Kris Doolan carried on to the pitch on a golden throne the first game all the fans are back
    • Already renewed so none of this applies

Hello everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to gauge the mood of Jags fans for the new season ahead, specifically in relation to buying a Season book and attending Firhill.

I've tried to make the questions straightforward with a good choice of appropriate answers, albeit with a little light humour added in and sprinkled with a little wishful thinking....

I'm sure the answers will most enlightening!

Cheers for taking the time to answer x

Edited by Sinistar
correction

15 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Doesn't work if you say you'vr bought a season ticket. Wants Q2 and Q3 answered even if not applicable.

Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know.

I've unticked "Multiple Choice" option for Question 1 which will hopefully stop that from happening for others

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

Still can't get beyond checking first box in Q1.

I've re-ticked multiple choice for question 1 - does that allow you to continue?

I think you have to answer all 3 questions, I get that questions 2 & 3 are redundant if you pick "I've already renewed Season Book" in Q1, so apologies for that.

First time putting up a poll so learning as I go!

17 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

I've re-ticked multiple choice for question 1 - does that allow you to continue?

I think you have to answer all 3 questions, I get that questions 2 & 3 are redundant if you pick "I've already renewed Season Book" in Q1, so apologies for that.

First time putting up a poll so learning as I go!

Managed to get through by answering Q2.

8 minutes ago, Z88 said:

Can't get past Q1.

Renewed season ticket . And renewed one for wife . 

Added an "Already renewed so none of this applies" option to Q2 & Q3 to resolve issue raised by Lambies Lost Doo.

I just completed Poll myself, was able to answer all 3 questions so not sure what the problem is, sorry about that, open to suggestions if others are having difficulties.

30 minutes ago, Sinistar said:

Added an "Already renewed so none of this applies" option to Q2 & Q3 to resolve issue raised by Lambies Lost Doo.

I just completed Poll myself, was able to answer all 3 questions so not sure what the problem is, sorry about that, open to suggestions if others are having difficulties.

Seems OK now 

I've bought my first season ticket ever after 50 years of supporting the team. I usually go to about 75% of home games and a few away games/cup ties. The main reason is the club need my support more than ever and yep, I feel we have been treated badly. Simple. I'm really hoping both factors will galvanise our performance on the pitch. I could be wrong of course.

• Like 1

I've renewed merely as a charity donation.  I'm lucky as I've been wfh so in a bizarre twist before post covid economic recession I have more £ as no childcare, train ticket and lunches/coffees for 3 months.  I struggle to see a full season, even one starting in October will have fans or be completed.  Maybe they need to play games at Hampden for social distancing along with other clubs?

On 7/30/2020 at 8:48 PM, dl1971 said:

I've bought my first season ticket ever after 50 years of supporting the team. I usually go to about 75% of home games and a few away games/cup ties. The main reason is the club need my support more than ever and yep, I feel we have been treated badly. Simple. I'm really hoping both factors will galvanise our performance on the pitch. I could be wrong of course.

Similar to me dl. I've supported for 50 years too and bought my first ST. Usually only get to a few games a season these days but will make more of an effort now.

Have you worked out how to get / use the ST yet?

I was hoping for a card or something but so far only have details saying I've bought it.

22 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

Similar to me dl. I've supported for 50 years too and bought my first ST. Usually only get to a few games a season these days but will make more of an effort now.

I was hoping for a card or something but so far only have details saying I've bought it.

I had a card for a number of years. Just before the season was cancelled the ticketing system was changed and i had a choice of getting another card or an app for a phone, since my phone is not a smart phone i was given another card. Probably best to phone Firhill and check what you will get.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Emmm. Not yet. I have until october to work it out lol.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CotterJag said:

All the office staff are currently working from home - which means they would unlikely have any access to the season ticket printing machine at the moment.

I imagine at some point before the season starts the office will open - just give them a call or email if you haven’t received anything about a couple of weeks before our first home game. I imagine there will be a bit of a backlog for them to work through when they are allowed back in the office.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, G SUS said:

All the office staff are currently working from home - which means they would unlikely have any access to the season ticket printing machine at the moment.

I imagine at some point before the season starts the office will open - just give them a call or email if you haven’t received anything about a couple of weeks before our first home game. I imagine there will be a bit of a backlog for them to work through when they are allowed back in the office.

We’ve stopped the furlough?

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

We’ve stopped the furlough?

This was the update given in March - All other staff will work remotely until further notice – we request there are no other visitors to the stadium. - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-15th-march-2020/

As the club haven't announced any office opening hours, or any access to the stadium for in person sales, I think it is clear that office staff are working from home - which would potentially lead to a potential backlog of printing season tickets which was CotterJag's original concern.

Edited by G SUS

27 minutes ago, G SUS said:

This was the update given in March - All other staff will work remotely until further notice – we request there are no other visitors to the stadium. - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-15th-march-2020/

As the club haven't announced any office opening hours, or any access to the stadium for in person sales, I think it is clear that office staff are working from home - which would potentially lead to a potential backlog of printing season tickets which was CotterJag's original concern.

So office staff have been working since March

On 8/1/2020 at 9:24 AM, Fawlty Towers said:

No inside knowledge but I suspect that with League 1 and a reduced season now confirmed we will see a change in the pricing of season tickets.

I can only go on concession pricing but I thought last season's 2nd tier STs were very much aligned to top tier prices from the season before. With that in mind I'd expect a reduction. Obviously ST pricing will be reduced pro rata to reflect the reduced amount of fixtures.