Ayr Down

Balloch Jag

Airdrie have been saved after relegation both the last two seasons by others misfortune (Gretna/Livingston) I think they will make it a hat-trick with Killie being relegated and going bust.

We haven't ben relegated the past two seasons. Try again.

Hi folks!!

Hi folks!!

Hi, Red V, and welcome.

Be surprised if you don't win the play offs. Most teams from the higher division struggle as they often go into the play offs with a losing mentality whereas at least one of the lower division sides is on the up form wise. Momentum is usually against the higher division club. Doesn't look like this is the case this season. Alloa, Cowden & Brechin haven't exactly been turning it on of late and Airdrie certainly have been getting results.

What says you, Red V. Fancy your chances?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Quite pleased Stirling are up, I've a couple of friends that support the Binos and we normally make a day of it when Thistle play there.

Shame about Ayr, but losing 9 of your last 10 games (no prizes for guessing the 10th) isn't going to do. Not sure who I want to win the playoffs.

Playing at home against us at least gives Stirling a couple of big pay days. And as it's my nearest team, I'd delighted to see them back in Div. 1.

Totally agree for the same reason i.e. the ground is 5 minutes from my door :thumbsup2:

Would also like to see Alloa come up as they aint too far away either! :rolleyes:

How about Falkirk to come down and really make it the "Forth Valley" League? :thinking: Nae, I would really prefer to have Killie!! :D :D

Hi folks!!

Didn't Airdrie lose playoff games to Clyde and Ayr?

That says relegated to me.

I'm about as certain as it's possible to be that Airdrie will not be relegated this season though.

What's the Airdrie fans opinion on Kenny Black now after managing to turn around their fortunes so dramatically after Xmas (a bit like Thistle in reverse)?

Didn't Airdrie lose playoff games to Clyde and Ayr?

That says relegated to me.

Does it now? How could we possibly be relegated from the 1st Division when we weren't in it in the first place??? Check your facts - this "Airdrie survived two relegations" drivel is an utter myth.

Anyway, I'll be staggered if we win the play-offs. Yesterday Kenny Black reverted to his tried and tested "draw at all costs" policy - despite the fact it's been a complete failure for several years. The ONLY reason we started winning games was because we got so desperate for points trying to draw matches was no longer viable, so he sent the team out to actually, you know, score goals. Turns out after all this time we're actually quite good at it.

Yesterday, knowing a draw could see us finish 8th, we reverted to type. We were dreadful.

The other main difference in our season has been, absurdly enough, bringing Paul Lovering back into the fold. Yes, it shows how hard up when we are when a guy who was past it two seasons ago makes all the difference. This is a guy who looks done in after the WARM UP, but he drives the team on like nobody else I've seen in many years.

I find it hard to imagine Kenny Black winning anything, to be honest.

Does it now? How could we possibly be relegated from the 1st Division when we weren't in it in the first place??? Check your facts - this "Airdrie survived two relegations" drivel is an utter myth.

Anyway, I'll be staggered if we win the play-offs. Yesterday Kenny Black reverted to his tried and tested "draw at all costs" policy - despite the fact it's been a complete failure for several years. The ONLY reason we started winning games was because we got so desperate for points trying to draw matches was no longer viable, so he sent the team out to actually, you know, score goals. Turns out after all this time we're actually quite good at it.

Yesterday, knowing a draw could see us finish 8th, we reverted to type. We were dreadful.

The other main difference in our season has been, absurdly enough, bringing Paul Lovering back into the fold. Yes, it shows how hard up when we are when a guy who was past it two seasons ago makes all the difference. This is a guy who looks done in after the WARM UP, but he drives the team on like nobody else I've seen in many years.

I find it hard to imagine Kenny Black winning anything, to be honest.

OK, Airdrie were in Div 2 when they played Clyde but were promoted due to Gretna's demise. My mistake.

However, last season, Airdrie were relegated by Ayr in the playoff and were saved by Livingston's demotion.

From an outsider looking in, I would have thought Black deserves at least some credit for the remarkable run Airdrie have went on since Xmas (although he also has to take the credit for them being utter gash before that as well)

However, I wouldn't be afraid of facing the likes of Jum Duffy's Brechin (now there's a nightmare of a manager) or the winner of Cowden v Alloa.

To keep it interesting I hope Airdrie go down, and I don't really mind who comes up. Just want someone different.

Also, should Airdrie do down, we should easily be good enough to finish above two part-time teams next year. Therefore this could give McCall a little more flexibility in bringing younger players into the team and developing them further.