Just In

Good way to end the season.

Game could have went any way today.

Great goal from Doolan. Been a while since we seen one that good, infact been a while since we seen one at all at firhill. Well doen to the youngsters today, Mcbeth was solid I thought and Burns looked pacy and a willing runner today.

Cant believe Erskine was MOTM. Thought was was quite poor today. A few good runs, but ultimatley no end product.

All the best to the players who get released. Thanks for your contribution.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Argus

Good to see a win, even if it didn't look likley.

I reckon Q0S will rue the day the appointed Kenny Brannigan, if his sole idea is the long ball game.

However what really angered me was yet more stupid comments from out manager at the end of the game in his post match reaction. Getting his excuses in for next season already? The clock is ticking on him and next season better be an improvement on this. Show some better judgement in what limited signings we can get, quit the loan players, unless it is absolutley necessary due to injury and decide on a system to use without chopping and changing it.

Rowson was immense today - all the stuff you expect from him plus some creative football too!

MacBeth impressive, can play at this level. Big bird - as always. most doesn't come off but

I feel he's worth his place, still huge potential. Robertson great, Maxwell's experience

shone but he cannae run much.

And what a goal, and what a way to end the season! Contrast previous last-up games under McCall.

How many season tickets was that worth? Thank you Kris Doolan!

And finally, a good ref for a change. Credit where credit's due.

Guest Argus

Angered? Really? It takes a bit more than that to get me slightly miffed!

Glad you found it so boring, in fact your apathetic reaction is exactly what is wrong round Firhill these days amongst fans.

A bit of passion wouldn't go amiss or maybe you should go and sit with the board of directors?

Glad you found it so boring, in fact your apathetic reaction is exactly what is wrong round Firhill these days amongst fans.

A bit of passion wouldn't go amiss or maybe you should go and sit with the board of directors?

rubbish, a bit like your post :thumbsup2:

have a nice post season to calm down

Guest Argus

rubbish, a bit like your post :thumbsup2:

have a nice post season to calm down

Who are you to tell anyone to calm down?

Some sort of forum police?

No opinions other than those that agree with yours allowed then?

And finally, a good ref for a change. Credit where credit's due.

Right enough. I've got form for referee abuse and a colleague said 'well aren't you going to cheeer the ref?'. It was funny when that number 2 got deliberately punished at the side for so long. The ref was clearly operating an unoffical sin-bin.

Who are you to tell anyone to calm down?

Some sort of forum police?

No opinions other than those that agree with yours allowed then?

:wall:

Anyway, Rowson terrific, Erskine awful, Hodge poor, MacBeth promising.

Thought Doolan looked great when he came on, none of the strikers had been making decent runs until then and what a goal.

Message ends

I thought for the most part it was a reasonably entertaining game, spoiled a little by our attempts to walk the ball into the QoS net.

Both sides had chances, but what a strike from Doolan.

Really impressed with MacBeth. Not convinced Erskine should play up front. More effective in the role Sid was playing today? Grehan looks like the type of player we have been missing for a long time. If only others around him could read all the headers that he won I think we could have created many more chances.

Positive finish to the season.

Onto the next one :)

Absolutly delighted. Rowson had a brilliant game. I cant believe erskine got motm, but to be fair to him he played better in the second half. If queens took their chances we would have been out of sight. Really pleased for doolan, mccall should have given him more chances and not put him out on loan. Probalby our goal of the season. Great way to finish the season, hopefully we will do much better next year. Mon the Jags.

I actually enjoyed that game. For an end of season fixture both teams showed a commendable desire to win. Not a great game but chances at both ends. Great goal from Doolan who looked really sharp while on. MacBeth looks a confident, composed player. Can see him featuring reguarly next season.

Nothing I can disagree with there. Drinking some rather fahn wahn to celebrate a total f**king peach from young Mister Kristoffer and thinking it's not all doome and gloome!

Hodge can go. I said from day one, since we played Stirling Albion pre-season, that he is no good, and very little has changed my stance on that! His passes are poor, he doesnt find space and despite the odd goal this season, his finishing is generally poor.

But I guess thats it for another season, see you all back at Firhill in the summer

Thank the gracious Lord that you are not manager.

That was pure Thistle. Virtually nothing happens for best part of 90 mins (apart from a couple of very competent saves from JT), then....

1/ Erskine is named MoM (surreal), then....

2/ from absolutely nowhere Maxwell breaks free from his shackles and charges up the park like a man possessed (he truly wasn't that slow either)(surreal), then....

3/Doolan, who I don't think has scored since his overhead goal at Raith in September scores an absolute peach, which just happens to be the last kick of the season(surreal).

I'd really love if I could wipe my memory banks of all that has gone on before this season and just leave me with these last few moments :thumbsup2: .

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I agree with the Maxwell post, jesus christ! One second he was in our own box, the next he's like speedy Gonzalez and belting up the outside.

And Doolan's strike was a beauty, edge of the box, back turned, quick pivot of the feet, band...hangs in the air...coming down, down,down....net ripples...MADNESS! :rolleyes:

THATS WHY IM A JAG

I'd say the fact that someone can have a go at McCall for being honest in his post match comments, and a match we won to boot, is what's wrong round firhill these days amongst fans. Nitpicking for the sake of it.

The guys was being realistic, and it's nothing do do with "getting excuses in early".

Dull game, cracking goal. We've had so many games of a similar dull nature where it fizzles out to a goalless draw or we lose one, it's a nice change to win like that. Thought MacBeth looked great, Erskine was alright but don't think he was MOTM, probably Rowson for that. If Grehan can be a bit sharper on goal then he'll be a good player for us I think, good buildup play but lacking slightly in the finish.

And there was I pressing the 'send' button on a text to RDR (who unfortunately couldn't be there today), which read something like: "pish game, we don't look like scoring this season or next as it stands, and only JT keeping it at 0-0", when the Doolan goal of the millennium so far occurs.

This was so Thistle that it couldn't be explained to another human being even with all the latest technology at our disposal.

JT - MotM by a light year. Doolan must stay.

:D

That was pure Thistle. Virtually nothing happens for best part of 90 mins (apart from a couple of very competent saves from JT), then....

1/ Erskine is named MoM (surreal), then....

2/ from absolutely nowhere Maxwell breaks free from his shackles and charges up the park like a man possessed (he truly wasn't that slow either)(surreal), then....

3/Doolan, who I don't think has scored since his overhead goal at Raith in September scores an absolute peach, which just happens to be the last kick of the season(surreal).

I'd really love if I could wipe my memory banks of all that has gone on before this season and just leave me with these last few moments :thumbsup2: .

Today was magnificent

Right enough. I've got form for referee abuse and a colleague said 'well aren't you going to cheeer the ref?'. It was funny when that number 2 got deliberately punished at the side for so long. The ref was clearly operating an unoffical sin-bin.

I thought the ref was excellant as well. Maybe someone who knows the rules (!) can confirm but I assumed he was kept on the sidelines as it was a blood injury (nose) and the ref had to check it had stopped bleeding before being allowed back on which meant that he had to wait for play to stop.

As for the game, I quite enjoyed it as well. Certainly not the worst this season. Like others, thought MacBeth was the motm with Rowson, Grehan and Tuffey also doing well. Also think Corrigan does a lot of good things defensively but lets himself down by his distribution. Much like Archie. At this level defenders should play a short pass out of defensive to someone who can play a bit.

Erskine reminds me a lot of Adam Strachan when he first came into the team. Huge potential and obviously skilful but very little end product. Let's just hope Erskines career does not go the same way as Strachans.

Edited by Paris