Free Transfers

Mad Mull Jag

Ok the season is over and its time for the annual cull of the deadwood, so his everyones "favourites" for the chop and does anyone think there will be anyone unexpectadly freed?

I go for : Corocoran, Corrigan, Maxwell, and 2 youngsters weve never heard of

Out of the box thinker says Robertson

Ok the season is over and its time for the annual cull of the deadwood, so his everyones "favourites" for the chop and does anyone think there will be anyone unexpectadly freed?

I go for : Corocoran, Corrigan, Maxwell, and 2 youngsters weve never heard of

I'd agree with above except Robbo & probably let Boyle go if he can get another club.

Signings - McMenamin (if released from Dundee), Keddie from County, Halliwell, Jamie Adams plus right midfielder so Cairney can play in the middle.

Thats my early shopping list but we probably cant afford all of them so if I was prioritising I'd go for McMenamin, Keddie & Halliwell

Edited by ifu03340

I go for : Corocoran, Corrigan, Maxwell, and 2 youngsters we've never heard of

Reasonable though from what the manager says it seems Maxwell will be offered a job as a coach while kept as a player for emergencies. Similar thing with Donnelly who should be more a fringe player next season.

No way. Although his form slipped a bit at one point, overall he's been excellent. He's another year on his contract so he won't be moving to another club unless we let him go and we won't. We've already let McKeown, Lovell and McNamara go so we probably don't have to lose more than 3 or 4 as you suggest. I'd prefer us to bring in fewer players than we lose (using youngsters for emergency cover) as that might allow us to get better quality with our reduced budget.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Would expect an announcement early next week.

For information, and in no way a list of frees, the out of contract players as per the end of the season are:

Ryan Conroy (end of loan)

Martyn Corrigan

Simon Donnelly

Bryn Halliwell

Craig Hinchcliffe

Ian Maxwell

Jonny Tuffey

Scott Tully

a striker, not a forward, a real goal scoring striker.

a defender, a feckin nutter would be nice.

a keeper of quality, i hate the guy, but the gypo would do.

so the three guys mentioned above would be a start.

Keddie will not sign for the jags, offered a better deal at County than he would get with us. Would love him to sign tho.

a striker, not a forward, a real goal scoring striker.

a defender, a feckin nutter would be nice.

a keeper of quality, i hate the guy, but the gypo would do.

so the three guys mentioned above would be a start.

Keddie will not sign for the jags, offered a better deal at County than he would get with us. Would love him to sign tho.

edited to add, heard that Hinchy will again be back up next season.

from the out of cont playersm would keep Sid, Corrigan and Conroy and Gypo boy if we must.

For information, and in no way a list of frees, the out of contract players as per the end of the season are:

Martyn Corrigan

Simon Donnelly

Bryn Halliwell

Craig Hinchcliffe

Ian Maxwell

Jonny Tuffey

Scott Tully

I'd release every one of them, with the possible exception of Tully, just because I haven't seen him. But I've seen all the others, and I don't want a repeat of this season next season.

Although,....Corrigan had a decent game yesterday.....

Martyn Corrigan

Simon Donnelly

Bryn Halliwell

Craig Hinchcliffe

Ian Maxwell

Jonny Tuffey

Scott Tully

Donnelly has not done much this year. Maxwell is past it. I would give Corrigan another chance and try to get Conroy back. Boyle, Hodge, Doolan, Erskine and Corcoran can leave too.

Tuffey appears to be leaving and Hinchy is only fit to coach. I would give Halliwell a deal and look for another back-up. Tully could be retained and put out on loan.

Reasonable though from what the manager says it seems Maxwell will be offered a job as a coach while kept as a player for emergencies. Similar thing with Donnelly who should be more a fringe player next season.

No way. Although his form slipped a bit at one point, overall he's been excellent. He's another year on his contract so he won't be moving to another club unless we let him go and we won't. We've already let McKeown, Lovell and McNamara go so we probably don't have to lose more than 3 or 4 as you suggest. I'd prefer us to bring in fewer players than we lose (using youngsters for emergency cover) as that might allow us to get better quality with our reduced budget.

How exactly did we let McNamara go? He was only on loan

Martyn Corrigan

Simon Donnelly

Bryn Halliwell

Craig Hinchcliffe

Ian Maxwell

Jonny Tuffey

Scott Tully

I thought I read in the ET that Tully had already been released.

Rather than the out of contract players, it's the under contract ones where I'd like to see some movement. Starting with Erskine, Boyle and if we can find a club daft enough to pay a transfer fee for him, Paton.

I thought I read in the ET that Tully had already been released.

Rather than the out of contract players, it's the under contract ones where I'd like to see some movement. Starting with Erskine, Boyle and if we can find a club daft enough to pay a transfer fee for him, Paton.

Tully is going to uni or something when he is released, he has cup final to play first tho :D

How exactly did we let McNamara go? He was only on loan

I assumed we were paying a good bit of his wages - which would have been fairly high for us. So we've gained the wage by letting him go though of course he would only have been with us a couple of months anyway so maybe only a third or a quarter of a wage gained by losing him.

I wouldn't like to see him back - though he looked not a bad signing at the time. If budget is being cut we can't afford to sign more "elderly" players. He might not be injury prone but at his age he won't recover quickly from injuries and strains. And besides I'd imagine he'd be looking for a biggish wage being a "name" player, ex OF and all that.

Edited to add: Just saw the comment on Mcnamara being on a PCA for us ... I know the manager talked of signing him next season as player-coach but I haven't heard of that being acted upon yet. I hope not for the reasons just stated.

Edited by Mr Bunny