Ryan MacBeth (2011)

David Rowson (2011)

Forwards

Liam Buchanan (2011)

Kieran Burns (2011)

Kris Doolan (2011)

Martin Grehan (2012)

Scott Tully (2010)

Players Out of Contract (as of May 2010)

Bryn Halliwell

Craig Hinchliffe

Jonny Tuffey

Ryan Conroy

Martyn Corrigan

Ian Maxwell

Simon Donnelly

Scott Tully

Source.

I have to say I'm surprised at the number of players signed through to the end of next season.

Edited by Neiljag

Keep Halliwell and Corrigan definitely, Hinchy and Donnelly definitely as coaches and maybe as players, and I'd be happy to see us keep Conroy, but most likely he'll be back to Celtic. Assuming Tuffey is for the off, that leaves Maxwell, who can leave any time, and Tully, who I assume is a youngster - any opinions on him?

Edited by Red Yell

Would keep Tuffey but he'll be elsewhere so forget about him. Sign up Halliwell, Hinchy as coach (and use Scully on the bench) Sid as youth coach (and player when required) Conroy if possible (doubt it though) and Maxwell only if he's the best assistant manager available. Wouldn't want him to be playing much, if at all, next season.

Release Corrigan and Tully.

Free Boyle and Corcoran if anyone enquires about them (but not worth freeing if it costs us much money as we may as well have them in reserve)

Sell (if possible) Paton, assuming the rumours that he thinks he's better than us are true.

I think we'd listen to offers for any of our players but on recent form I can't see anyone being interested, not even in Cairney or Buchanan.

But on that summary, I can't see many players leaving in the summer, therefore can't see us bringing many in either. And we can't afford any mistakes with those that we do.

For me the most concerning aspect of that is the number of defenders we have signed up for next season. In 22 games since xmas we have only kept 4 clean sheets. All of which have been at home. We clearly need some new faces in the back line preferably with a bit of youth on their side. Hopefully McGeough might be the answer

For me the most concerning aspect of that is the number of defenders we have signed up for next season. In 22 games since xmas we have only kept 4 clean sheets. All of which have been at home. We clearly need some new faces in the back line preferably with a bit of youth on their side. Hopefully McGeough might be the answer

Must admit that I do find the number of defenders to be concerning. A quicker back line with backs that can kick with both feet would be a major plus .

Must admit that I do find the number of defenders to be concerning. A quicker back line with backs that can kick with both feet would be a major plus .

I think we do need another young defender but I'm not too worried about the defence otherwise. For a team that ended up 6th, with a long poor spell at one point, we ended up with the 3rd best defensive record in the division (along with QoS). 6 teams out of ten conceded more goals than us, including two ahead of us in the table.

What we're crying out for is a goal scoring forward and maybe a goal scoring midfielder too, now McKeown's gone and we don't want to depend too much on Cairney.

BTW what's folks opinions on Cairney's loss of form (understandable for a youngster in his first season in the team) partly coinciding with our really bad spell? I think he adds a drive to the team we otherwise lack.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I think we do need another young defender but I'm not too worried about the defence otherwise. For a team that ended up 6th, with a long poor spell at one point, we ended up with the 3rd best defensive record in the division (along with QoS). 6 teams out of ten conceded more goals than us, including two ahead of us in the table.

What we're crying out for is a goal scoring forward and maybe a goal scoring midfielder too, now McKeown's gone and we don't want to depend too much on Cairney.

BTW what's folks opinions on Cairney's loss of form (understandable for a youngster in his first season in the team) partly coinciding with our really bad spell? I think he adds a drive to the team we otherwise lack.

I agree with most of that. Cairney has been ill so I am confident that his form will return at the start of next season. One big concern is that we lack quality at left back. Archie is best suited to central defence. Another worry is that we have too many aging and unproven players under contract for next season.

In only 5 of the 22 games did we lose more than one goal, which in my mind puts a different spin on it. I got the impression the defence was competent enough and they were just prone to the odd switch off. Things could have been a bit better if we had had someone with a bit of height in midfield to assist(a Jamie Adams type of player).

I'm not too concerned about a Robbo/Archie central pairing or even a Kinnibugh/Robbo partnership for next season but to compensate particularly for the former we're going to need both pace & speed of thought about our full backs. That's something of concern at the moment.

In only 5 of the 22 games did we lose more than one goal, which in my mind puts a different spin on it. I got the impression the defence was competent enough and they were just prone to the odd switch off. Things could have been a bit better if we had had someone with a bit of height in midfield to assist(a Jamie Adams type of player).

I'm not too concerned about a Robbo/Archie central pairing or even a Kinnibugh/Robbo partnership for next season but to compensate particularly for the former we're going to need both pace & speed of thought about our full backs. That's something of concern at the moment.

Do you think Lochhead has the potential to be that type of player? Only seen him twice but on Sunday that is the very player he put me in mind of.

I agree with regards to the centre half positions and needing pacy full backs, McGeough and Paton will be the likely contenders for the right back slot but we have no left backs if Boyle finds another Club. I can see us getting a left back (I expect McCall has someone in mind/lined up if he is letting Boyle go), and I wouldnt be surprised to see Maxi back as a coach and emergency cover for the first team but would rather McNamara was brought in as the plyer/coach (he can play in a variety of positions and is more mobile than Maxi, but this injury might be the end of him as a player :().

Midfield all we really need is a right mid, especially if MacBeth stays or is loaned back to us. That leaves one strikers position, as Kieron Burns is possibly not quite ready yet to play a major role (depends how he develops during pre-season), and the goalies position. Again I can see Hinchy returning as goalkeeper coach, and I would welcome this, with either of Halliwell, Roy or Bulloch as no1, Scully is another who is not quite ready yet but he looks like a good prospect (only seen him 2 or 3 times too tho).

Do you think Lochhead has the potential to be that type of player? Only seen him twice but on Sunday that is the very player he put me in mind of.

I agree with regards to the centre half positions and needing pacy full backs, McGeough and Paton will be the likely contenders for the right back slot but we have no left backs if Boyle finds another Club. I can see us getting a left back (I expect McCall has someone in mind/lined up if he is letting Boyle go), and I wouldnt be surprised to see Maxi back as a coach and emergency cover for the first team but would rather McNamara was brought in as the plyer/coach (he can play in a variety of positions and is more mobile than Maxi, but this injury might be the end of him as a player :().

Midfield all we really need is a right mid, especially if MacBeth stays or is loaned back to us. That leaves one strikers position, as Kieron Burns is possibly not quite ready yet to play a major role (depends how he develops during pre-season), and the goalies position. Again I can see Hinchy returning as goalkeeper coach, and I would welcome this, with either of Halliwell, Roy or Bulloch as no1, Scully is another who is not quite ready yet but he looks like a good prospect (only seen him 2 or 3 times too tho).

Bulloch is too old for my liking. Think he'll end up at Livingston. Re the under 19s, they're going to get a fair game of it against Livingston. Let's see how Lochhead & co get on against their peers first.

Just on this bit, he didn't look especially tall, but did win nearly every header in the middle of the park & with some force too. Could play abit as well, lets hope he keeps that level of performance up & can force his way into ther 1st team reckoning come next season some time. It says on the official site he is a CB, maybe explains why he was good in the air, possibly was played out of position, or is being converted to CM. I believe he was at St. Johnstone before we signed him, but could be wrong about that.