Tv Advice

Lionel J. Botch

Been doing a bit of research on this myself. Personally i am leaning towards getting a plasma ( the higher the refresh rate the better---600HZ for example) and connecting it with hdmi cables and that Panasonic seem to be the leader in the plasma market. Best way to see the difference between the plasma lcd led is go into a shop ( currys etc) they have them all connected up so you can look at the difference for yourself

I heard an advert on Talksport last week about an online retailer offering a pretty good deal.

If you buy a TV from them before the world cup starts, and England then go on and win the tournament, you get your money back!

Pretty much a win-win situation for a Scotsman :P

Edited to add; it's via the Toshiba website. I have a Toshiba LCD TV and it's really good, never had any problems so would highly recommend it.

If you buy a Toshiba TV, register it within 7 days and England win the World Cup, you can claim your money back within 21 days :thumbsup2:

Edited by redandyellowallover

They're a bit more expensive but I'd be inclined to go for a backlit LED TV, especially if buying something over 40".

Much thinner than either Plasma or normal LCD, and lower in energy use. But more expensive.

Which 'Best Buy' recommendations for LEDs:

LG 42SL9000

Samsung UE40B8000

Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500