Stirling Albion Game Off On 27Th?

H Wragg

Just imagine if the handball that knocked us out of the cup last season had happened to the festering pile of excrement that is sellickfootballclub? They must think they are the only club for whom decisions go against them.

Anyone who threatens to have one iota of sympathy for this excuse for a football club should remember that they didn't exactly complain when they profitted from a highly dubious penalty at Firhill when Petrov dived in a game they eventually won 2-1.

When was the last time a visiting team got a decision at Parkhead? The hypocracy from Reid & co is astounding.

Sums it up perfectly. Shit happens to us all. ie. All 42 clubs, equally.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sums it up perfectly. Shit happens to us all. ie. All 42 clubs, equally.

All the other clubs should get together and provide evidence of incidents where the paranoid delusionals have benefited from dodgy decisions going for them and ram it right down their poxy throats, if they can get by the sacks of spuds on their shoulders that is.

It's becoming a total joke this situation and it is all down to the paranoid sense of hardship that pollutes Parkheid and has done for decades.

Crap ref decisions have been part and parcel of the game for decades and it all adds to the matchday experience and can sometimes be the only things in a game to get excited about!

Yes, there are some refs who give strange decisions and there are inconsistencies but if we were all the same and completely competent in all we do, then the world would be a very boring place!

But Lennon & Co from the east end have a serious case of delusional paranoia and need a good boot up the backside.

If cat 1 refs strike, do we get a cat 3 ref next week? Is that the type of ref who does schoolboy fitba???

Lot to agree about there. I'm not sure what category do schools/youth football but they're in short supply as well due partly to "intimidation". By that I mean having the job satisfaction knocked out of them by a combination of kids imitating our so called professionals and otherwise rational parents going mental at the touchline.

Big Col's certainly right about crap decisions going on for decades. So sadly has the religious nonsense as well. I can mind back in the sixties some stushie about a ref (Callaghan?) who booked (no yellow cards then) Yogi Hughes twice in an ugly sisters game and failed to send him off. I don't know (or really care) if two bookings back then was an automatic sending off or it was just conventional practice but I seem to remember our Southside brethren mumbling about some sort of Papist plot. :(

Good point Grant.

On way back from game yesterday I heard Mr Lennon on Radio Scotland and his comment was "We didn't defend the free kick, if it was a free kick, but we didn't defend it".

Unbelievable!

Football manager speak. They're all full of wind and pish.

Celtic have more of a platform to spout from, unfortunately. The other unfortunate thing is that MacDonald's lies and the subsequent attempted cover up have given substance to their paranoia.

Both he and Dallas should have resigned in the wake of the palaver.

So sadly has the religious nonsense as well. I can mind back in the sixties some stushie about a ref (Callaghan?) who booked (no yellow cards then) Yogi Hughes twice in an ugly sisters game and failed to send him off. I don't know (or really care) if two bookings back then was an automatic sending off or it was just conventional practice but I seem to remember our Southside brethren mumbling about some sort of Papist plot. :(

On a more ludicrous note .. I remember playing in a knock about game on a red-ash pitch (near the Grapes bar). Both teams of course were the usual mixture of prodddies, cathlicks and atheists. It was a rubbish game (we weren't that good at the best of times) and the ball was being blootered about like nobodies business but being near a few pubs some folk had staggered out to have a look and a laugh at us.

Anyway in the middle of the game this two-three year old kid stots onto the park and wanders about narrowly missing being hit by the ball. The kid is sheperded to the touchline - after finding his rather drunk granda - and minutes later he appears again. This time someone has serious word with the granda who's supposed to be in charge of him, kid could get seriously hurt and so on if he isn't kept well back.

So the rest of the game granda stands by the touchlne shouting abuse, mainly along the lines that we were all fen1@n barstewards and so on. Unbelievable menality ...

Edited by Mr Bunny

Just imagine if the handball that knocked us out of the cup last season had happened to the festering pile of excrement that is sellickfootballclub? They must think they are the only club for whom decisions go against them.

Anyone who threatens to have one iota of sympathy for this excuse for a football club should remember that they didn't exactly complain when they profitted from a highly dubious penalty at Firhill when Petrov dived in a game they eventually won 2-1.

When was the last time a visiting team got a decision at Parkhead? The hypocracy from Reid & co is astounding.

Agree with you on this Mr Fussy, i do.

Every team and it's supporters can recount 100's of examples of incorrect decisions against their club over the decades. Ref's and their linesmen are human, prone to making mistakes or not seeing something that virtually every other person in ground can see, often down to them being in wrong poition or blocked view at the time of such incidents. And sometimes their incorrect decisions are down to incompetence.

Ironically, the ugly sisters have benefited more from such instances going for them, than any other team. Reid, Lennon, etc = fuktards and wallopers.

It's all a total farce. For either of the old firm to insinuate that they get worse decisions for/against them than other teams is ridiculous. We have all seen ridiculous decisions going for both of them against us numerous times in the past. Maybe there is an anti-cuddly toy conspiracy deep in the bowels of the SFA?

I've been cringing on a daily basis whilst reading the paper on the way to work and seeing what Lennon and Reid have been saying. More worryingly is that most Celtic fans I know seem to think they are right!

The celtic thing is a bit nauseating as us diddy clubs are always suffering at the hands of the OF (er, well not recently, ahem, but you know what I mean). But I've banged on about referees before.

Fact one:- there are too many West Coast referees.

Fact two:- certain profession are over represented (especially law, which should be a disqualification in my book as lawyers are literally professional liars).

Probably true:- there will be too many OF supporting refs (even allowing for the larger population size).

I bet this is true:- most of them are Rangers fans. Did anyone else notice Chick Young's near hysterical reaction to Pete Wishart's suggestion that refs declare what team they support? A lot of people would be really disgusted if they found out how riddled the ref's association is/was by Rangers goons.

Fact two:- certain profession are over represented (especially law, which should be a disqualification in my book as lawyers are literally professional liars).

I think one of the reasons many refs come from the professions is that they're more immune to the poison pen nonsense and the threats and let's say applied pressure at the workplace.

Btw you might be wrong about the legal eagles. All the lawyers I know tell me they're as honest as they come. :thinking: Ah, I see a flaw here :D

The celtic thing is a bit nauseating as us diddy clubs are always suffering at the hands of the OF (er, well not recently, ahem, but you know what I mean). But I've banged on about referees before.

Fact one:- there are too many West Coast referees.

Probably true:- there will be too many OF supporting refs (even allowing for the larger population size).

I bet this is true:- most of them are Rangers fans. Did anyone else notice Chick Young's near hysterical reaction to Pete Wishart's suggestion that refs declare what team they support? A lot of people would be really disgusted if they found out how riddled the ref's association is/was by Rangers goons.

Can't see the point of asking refs to declare their alegencies, I wonder how many would admit to supporting one of the ugly sisters & even if they genuinely support one of Scotland's other sides the next question will be 'So who do you, REALLY support?'

As for Reid & Lennon, this is a great smokescreen to hide the fact that Sellik have rebuilt a whole team & still are 2nd to the other lot who have had more or less the same team for 2 years.

All spot on and exactly to the point.

Sky news suggested it would be the SPL and Alba final that would be affected. No mention of SFL games, but if they have mentioned the Alba, they would probably have knowledge that other lower level football would be affected too..?

As far as I'm aware it is all SPL, SFL and cup games (Alba and Scottish replays).

100% Behind the refs on this one. The abuse they receive is well over the top. This rubbish about refs declaring their allegiance is a round about way of saying they are biased. They are not, merely incompetent from time to time. Witness the English refs week in week out....are they part of some conspiracy?....Course not.

Everyone knows the OF get the rub of the green ( sic ) most of the day and it really is gut wrenching to hear the bleating. This time Celtic, but Rangers have been equally critical previously. As for Hearts.... :thumbdown:

What they should have done for maximum effect is withdraw their labour 5 mins before KO ( APART FROM OUR GAME LOL ). Now that would have been funny....

I hope the game is off, I really cannot be ****** going back there this weekend

I'd imagine you're not alone. Myself I'm indifferent.

A lot of clubs with home games will be sweating from the financial point of view. We've had little luck with cup draws so the fact that whether this game is on or not makes little difference to us is I suppose some sort of luck.

Yeah, it's my missus' birthday this weekend so going to the game is out the question. I can only see it being win-win for Thistle - we don't need to go to Stirling again so soon, we dont lose any money, and our injured players have another week to recover. Even if the game was to be played when it was initially planned, it's one of the better places (travel wise) to have to go midweek.

It'll be interesting to see if the Dundee fans still donate money to their club even though their away game is off.

Anyway, i'm continually disappointed by situations like this and fully expect all games to be on this weekend and the refs to be further undermimed.

I think one of the reasons many refs come from the professions is that they're more immune to the poison pen nonsense and the threats and let's say applied pressure at the workplace.

Btw you might be wrong about the legal eagles. All the lawyers I know tell me they're as honest as they come. :thinking: Ah, I see a flaw here :D

The old paradox you mean? I'm a liar ... everything I say is a lie.

Perhaps this situation is exaggerated in Scotland due to the fact that every major decision in a Celtic and/or Rangers match is seen as being effectively two decisions. A soft penalty for Rangers regardless of who they are playing is seen not only as benefiting Rangers but is also jumped on by Celtic as being a penalty effectively against them - and of course vice-versa when Celtic get given soft penalties/marginal off-side goals etc. For this reason, and also the fact that the Press absolutely love this scenario, decisions which other clubs would reluctantly move on from after a few days are replayed and replayed in people's minds festering away for days, weeks and months until the current situation is reached.

The refs are probably quite entitled to take this stand.