Douglas Rimmer

jags365

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to put a face to the name with a wee background, well done Douglas. Would be nice to see the same from the rest of the JT board

I've also put up a wee bio about myself and have asked others to do the same. This can be found on the 'about' page. Currently trying (with no avail!) to find a suitable photo of myself.

What exactly is the point of your post?

I thought it was obvious.

The point is that people being co-opted on to the trust board is only serving to prop up the people who have dragged the credability of the organisation into the mud regardless of how good their intentions are.

I'd make an exception for BCG Jag as he is looking to force an EGM

If an EGM is fine by Douglas Rimmer will he be adding his name to the list of those calling for one if he hasn't already?

For what it's worth I think what he's wrote on the Trust website is a good idea. I know nothing about most Trust board members and this can only help with the communication if we actually know who is who.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

I don't understand this idea of forcing an EGM.

Aside from the cost of a single mailing to members, and the hire of a room, why would the Trust not want to have a meeting to communicate with its members (or in fact any fans, whether members or not)? The idea of having to force the Trust board to talk to its members, or to hold an election, when not a single board member has faced a vote, seems perverse. It's not a power grab, it's about representing the supporters of the football club. Why would anyone want to do that against the wishes of the supporters?

I don't understand this idea of forcing an EGM.Aside from the cost of a single mailing to members, and the hire of a room, why would the Trust not want to have a meeting to communicate with its members (or in fact any fans, whether members or not)? The idea of having to force the Trust board to talk to its members, or to hold an election, when not a single board member has faced a vote, seems perverse. It's not a power grab, it's about representing the supporters of the football club. Why would anyone want to do that against the wishes of the supporters?

The Constitution says that the Constitutionally elected members of the JT board, can pretty much do what they want, when they want, as long as it isn't against the Constitution.

I should also confirm that I am not a member of the NW bus (mafia)

Is it the case that because this was an acceptable point to make by yourself (and by the rest of the JTB) that the NW Board members are aware of Forum dislike for them, and your slight/comedy comment means that the NW bus members have dismissed the members/forum users opinion of them?

there will be no time bar on when you can talk to me, and please do by; – email through [email protected]

- at the Jags Trust stall on a match day

Can anyone on the JTB confirm, over the last year, who mans the stall? It's just that, in my opinion only certain members are seen to put in a shift, other JTB members do not do so.

Just before I finish can I ask that I get a copy of any suggestions you might send to Mr Beattie? It will help us in determining the way forward for the Trust.

I would suggest that this is a frankly incredible and out of order request to make. Infact, I would suggest if I was David Beattie, I would be laughing out loud at the cheek of you!

Can anyone on the JTB confirm, over the last year, who mans the stall? It's just that, in my opinion only certain members are seen to put in a shift, other JTB members do not do so.

Can only speak for up to the Cowdenbeath game at the end of October. Martin was there pretty much every week. Donald and I occasionally helped out and Tom would often cover other bits of the concourse e.g. selling Big Welshy's CDs.

So are we to conclude that the girls do nothing.

I think that's perhaps a bit harsh. I'm not a fan of the trust any longer but I dont see the point in criticising them where nothing worth criticising exists. Both Fiona and Maggie we're (wo)manning the JT stand at the Morton game, and I know Fiona is the membership secretary, so much of her work will be administrative and 'behind the scenes.

NOW ...

I don't know Douglas Rimmer, but, judging by his comments on the JT website, he does seem to be from the same mould as those already on the JT board. His comments on the board column in the programme and his snide 'there will be no time bar on when you can talk to me' mark him out, in my eyes anyway, as somebody willing to take shots at the board regardless of the feelings and opinions of those he is supposed to represent.

1.Is it the case that because this was an acceptable point to make by yourself (and by the rest of the JTB) that the NW Board members are aware of Forum dislike for them, and your slight/comedy comment means that the NW bus members have dismissed the members/forum users opinion of them?

2.Can anyone on the JTB confirm, over the last year, who mans the stall? It's just that, in my opinion only certain members are seen to put in a shift, other JTB members do not do so.

3.I would suggest that this is a frankly incredible and out of order request to make. Infact, I would suggest if I was David Beattie, I would be laughing out loud at the cheek of you!

1. There are members on the JTB that do not appear to value the opinions of the forums(though I don't think this is much of a surprise to anyone), though far be it for me to speak on their behalf.

2. As Graeme pointed out, it was mostly Martin who manned the stall with Graeme and myself helping out when we could. Yes, Morag and Maggie (I think) were at the stall for the Morton game and hopefully we'll be able to get some sort of rota worked out so that people take their fair share on matchdays - though as Merryhell pointed out some do more than other behind the scenes (not a dig at anyone, just the nature of the roles)

3. Douglas' personal opinion, so can't really comment.

1. There are members on the JTB that do not appear to value the opinions of the forums(though I don't think this is much of a surprise to anyone), though far be it for me to speak on their behalf.

Does this not present major problems in terms of fan representation? The best way to gauge the feelings/thoughts of fans is through forums (fora?), I accept there are times when you need to sift through the rubbish but in a general sense this should be a mandatory platform for those on the JTB. I find it very ironic (is that the word :unknw: ) that one of those who do not appear to value the opinions of forums is the very one wanting to represent the fans at boardroom level...if she can't represent opinions of the forum, if she can't make herself accountable to the fans she wants to represent through the forum and if she can't see what staring her in the faces regarding what the fans want then how on earth can she consider herself worthy of representing us at boardroom level? Because the Constitution says so?

Which leads me to the point I think stolenscone is making, when a board are making decisions based on what the consititution allows, even though what fans appear to want is something completely different, there is a definate air of 'doing what's needed to keep the position'. With a JTB in such disarray I find it astounding that those who remain are happy to keep the status quo and invite people to take the place of resignee's :wall:

Does this not present major problems in terms of fan representation? The best way to gauge the feelings/thoughts of fans is through forums (fora?), I accept there are times when you need to sift through the rubbish but in a general sense this should be a mandatory platform for those on the JTB. I find it very ironic (is that the word :unknw: ) that one of those who do not appear to value the opinions of forums is the very one wanting to represent the fans at boardroom level...if she can't represent opinions of the forum, if she can't make herself accountable to the fans she wants to represent through the forum and if she can't see what staring her in the faces regarding what the fans want then how on earth can she consider herself worthy of representing us at boardroom level? Because the Constitution says so?

Which leads me to the point I think stolenscone is making, when a board are making decisions based on what the consititution allows, even though what fans appear to want is something completely different, there is a definate air of 'doing what's needed to keep the position'. With a JTB in such disarray I find it astounding that those who remain are happy to keep the status quo and invite people to take the place of resignee's :wall:

I know where you're coming from Steven, but their argument (I believe) is that it's always the same people that post on matters and is therefore a minority of sorts.

Obviously myself, Bob and most others in the past (Grieg, Sandy, Raymond, Tom, David, Graeme, Martin, Allan H etc) are on here and it's then up to us to take the views put forward on here to the table. Personally the forum is pretty much the only place to get people's views on most Thistle related things as I don't really know that many people from the JHS - other than those who are/have been involved with the Trust.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

What is all this nonsense and debate?

The Jags Trust is a dead duck.

name me one organisation in the world that was to be fronted by somebody as clueless as Morag. at the event at glasgow university her emmm performance emm was emm really emm terrible emm emmm emm. Her attempt at public speaking was shocking.

in terms of the 'membership secretary', she comes across as one of the most bitter people I have ever encountered. She bounced about on her chair at the said meeting, making inane and unhelpful points. Sit still women. If she is asmin she should be behind the scenes.

there are to many clever and credible people not involved the the JT.

David Beattie, your spot on my man, keep it up.

I know where you're coming from Steven, but their argument (I believe) is that it's always the same people that post on matters and is therefore a minority of sorts.

Obviously myself, Bob and most others in the past (Grieg, Sandy, Raymond, Tom, David, Graeme, Martin, Allan H etc) are on here and it's then up to us to take the views put forward on here to the table. Personally the forum is pretty much the only place to get people's views on most Thistle related things as I don't really know that many people from the JHS - other than those who are/have been involved with the Trust.

I know there have been certain members of the JTB who post here, and elsewhere, regularly and I think it is well appreciated by most. The problem for me is in their reasoning behind their arguement, minority or not there is a variety of posters who come up with a variety of valid points and questions. To dismiss this is foolish, particularly for those who claim to represent the fans, and I think there are some who might be a bit scared of being 'found out' if they posted on here. I notice this forum is different to previous incarnations in that you don't need to be signed on to read what's being said so I expect they at least read the forum :thinking:

I would suggest that this is a frankly incredible and out of order request to make. Infact, I would suggest if I was David Beattie, I would be laughing out loud at the cheek of you!

Why? I think it is reasonable for the JT as a supporters body to have an idea of what the JT members as individuals want to ask the chairman. If you can gauge the level of questioning towards certain issues then it will be easier to digest how the response is delivered and how well it covers the questions raised by JT members. In a similar vein I think it would have been good to have a thread here where people could post their questions so that forum members could see what others concerns are for the same reason of noting how Mr Beattie responds.

NOW ...

I don't know Douglas Rimmer, but, judging by his comments on the JT website, he does seem to be from the same mould as those already on the JT board. His comments on the board column in the programme and his snide 'there will be no time bar on when you can talk to me' mark him out, in my eyes anyway, as somebody willing to take shots at the board regardless of the feelings and opinions of those he is supposed to represent.

I'm not from anybody's mould. I am here to make up my own mind about things, and my comment was not meant as a 'shot' (ok a little one) but a genuine offer to anybody to come and talk to me when you see me about.

Please do.

I will not be about before the Morton game but will make an effort to be at the TJ stall for the remaining home games for my stint on the JT. (sorry son yer in the Star and Garter by yersel')

Edited by Ma Ba'

But minority opinion should still be valued. Certainly it shouldn't be ignored out of hand by people claiming to represent us fans. The blatant irony is that the Jags Trust in itself is a minority.

I don't believe for one minute that this, or any other previous Jags forum for that matter, is representative of fan opinion. Too many threads quickly end up with totally polarised views to suggest otherwise. But that said it's probably every bit if not more representative of fan opinion than that of those who use for want of a better example, a supporters bus.

When I do get to games (if I represent anyone, it's the pay at the gate punter who really really feels it in his motheaten wallet) then I am usually either by myself or with my young son and so it would be stupid of me to pretend I know the opinions of the support. I know the opinions of my son, but that probably isn't much use unless we're talking about The Wee Jags or Pee Tee. In fact, it would be pretty stupid of any of us to pretend to know what everyone else is thinking as none of us have been elected by you and none of us really have any authority to speak on your behalf. You didn't vote for our ideas and give us a mandate, so we are going to have to keep coming back to you until there has been an election.

So, this forum is my Thistle community. Yes the same names keep coming up on this forum, but that's still a lot more folk than you're going to meet in the stands/pub/bus on any matchday. And it's worth remembering that there are a good couple of thousand (I think) registered users of this forum so, in some respects it's more popular than the Trust (not that hard an achievement!).

Hopefully there will be plenty of opportunity to gauge opinion via the online polls on this site, but I would also urge the silent majority to speak up every now and again. I also think the onus is on the rest of us to make sure that the forum isn't too hostile and that different opinions can at least be respected, and so encourage others to have their say.