Jags On The Way Out The Door.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on the bright side. At least we're not Dundee.

On that subject, Chisholm quoted in the P & J

There are finances available. I am happy with what we’ve got and it will be more in line with the rest of the clubs at this level

Much has been said about McCall's statements being inaccurate but anyone willing to bet Dundee won't spend well in access of the clubs at Dundee's level?

He's right though. McCall is a bullshitter.

That's what he's paid to do. IMVHO managers are paid to bullshit and players are paid to back up the bullshit with action on the park. It's a bit like flirting, though I'm not sure I'd like Ian flirting with me. :rolleyes:

I'd go along with this. The players' contracts have finished, and aren't being renewed. It happens in all walks of life. If they're good enough, they'll get another contract somewhere else, or maybe even here again come the new season. This is the life they've chosen to live. In the meantime, in order to be able to pay other players' wages now and in the future, we need to make savings, and make sure that come next season we have the best players that we can possibly get. And I don't think that the released players are in that category.

Can't entirely disagree with what you are saying, but it's a really depressing perspective to have to endure as a fan of the club.

I was at the Player of the Year event for the first time ever on Saturday and I'm a hopeless fool who worships and respects just about every player who pulls on that red and yellow strip - to me they are living a dream. To see those same folk who I chatted to on Saturday being booted in the nads is a bit hard to take and is one of the reasons that in forty years I've never wanted to get close to the playing staff.

I am being drawn ever closer to the idea that we all (board, staff and fans) need to man up and start being honest with each other. If fans don't like the board we maybe need to stop saying it behind their backs and start saying it to their faces.

edited for spelling

Edited by honved

Can't entirely disagree with what you are saying, but it's a really depressing perspective to have to endure as a fan of the club.

I was at the Player of the Year event for the first time ever on Saturday and I'm a hopeless fool who worships and respects just about every player who pulls on that red and yellow strip - to me they living a dream. To see those same folk who I chatted to on Saturday being booted in the nads is a bit hard to take and is one of the reasons taht in forty years I've never wanted to get close to the playing staff.

I am being drawn ever closer to the idea that we all (board, staff and fans) need to man up and start being honest with each other. If fans don't like the board we maybe need to stop saying it behind their backs and start saying it to their faces.

Aome very good points there, one of my main concerns was the fee that Eddie Prentice appears to be receiving. In addition I dont know who it is that runs the Aitken Suite. Is it Eddie Prentice or the club? Just so when I buy my food and drinks before the game I know whether the money goes to the club or not?

Aome very good points there, one of my main concerns was the fee that Eddie Prentice appears to be receiving. In addition I dont know who it is that runs the Aitken Suite. Is it Eddie Prentice or the club? Just so when I buy my food and drinks before the game I know whether the money goes to the club or not?

So far as I know, the club runs the Aitken Suite direct.

I think that's a very good point, especailly when you see the begging appeal in Saturday's programme. We're skint but we're paying Mr Prentice/his company a fee for what? Something people have volunteered to do in the past especially things like a program for the Centenery Fund draw.

The board are incompetent. They are stumbling from one disaster to another. Come out with an idea, get someone close to them to do it so that the fans don't have to then get too close to realise what's really involved. Plopco and Mr Prentice being the prime examples, then come back cap in hand asking for help because they've taken as much they can from the club the club as far as they can but still don't want to relinquish full control. Stinks to the hilt!!

*edited by admin

From the piece entitled Raising Our Game:

"Money earned at this club needs to be fully re-invested in football. Money can no longer be diverted into support or third party services. This simply dilutes our focus which should be firmly fixed on our performance on the pitch. Today we need to reduce costs and increase revenues - AND WE NEED YOUR HELP.

Over the next few weeks we are making some changes at the club. These changes are designed to get that focus on football much sharper. We want volunteers from all kinds of backgrounds - IT, admin, events organisation, financial, marketing etc to devote some time to the club.

Our aim is to reduce our costs by 20% and increase our revenues by the same amount. This puts us on a much firmer footing for the future but, more importantly, it sees us channel funds into what is most important - football!"

Edited by admin1

It has been very interesting to read the posts and to find out what has been happening to my old club, Partick. I had many great times there in the 1960s.

I see that you now have a very funny man as your manager - Mr Ian McCall. Here in Finland he would be considered a very fine comedy person (comedian, do you say?), though I notice what he says it is called here sometimes by the fans, I think, cow-shitting. Anyway he is funnier than anything we have in Helsingfors: since 1550 not one person in Finland has shit in another person's shoe!

And then only last year I remember he played a great joke when he let Simon Donelly go on the "free transfer" ... and then re-signed him a few months later! Ha-ha!! In Finland we laughed so much we nearly did a shit in our own shoes! I think they are called 'jobbies' here is it not?! In Finland we eat a lot of roughage and we call them skeidas; sometimes we say we have 'skeidmarks'! That is also very funny, if you understood Finnish, that is.

Perhaps he will re-sign them all again for next year, with Paddy Boyle and Mark Corcoran too - wouldn't that be even funnier! We would hear a lot about 'cow-shiting' then I am sure!

Hyvästi for now,

Your old friend,

Semi Nurainen (still a fan, even though your website has spelled my name wrongly again)

Edited by Semi Nurannen

I think that's a very good point, especailly when you see the begging appeal in Saturday's programme. We're skint but we're paying Mr Prentice/his company a fee for what? Something people have volunteered to do in the past especially things like a program for the Centenery Fund draw.

The board are incompetent. They are stumbling from one disaster to another. Come out with an idea, get someone close to them to do it so that the fans don't have to then get too close to realise what's really involved. Plopco and Mr Prentice being the prime examples, then come back cap in hand asking for help because they've taken as much they can from the club the club as far as they can but still don't want to relinquish full control. Stinks to the hilt!!

*edited by admin

I like the edit by admin ... :lol:

Quite the hypocrite this time last year you seemed to think he was one of the best |Managers in Scotland. I take it your another fan who seems to think we have a divine rightto be in the SPL. Face it the state the club is in, its going to be a wonder if we survive in the first divison.

One of the best managers in Scotkand? No. Good manager? Yes. Now, I disagree. there's nothing wrong with changing your opinion.

And no, I don't think we should be in the SPL.

It has been very interesting to read the posts and to find out what has been happening to my old club, Partick. I had many great times there in the 1960s.

I see that you now have a very funny man as your manager - Mr Ian McCall. Here in Finland he would be considered a very fine comedy person (comedian, do you say?), though I notice what he says it is called here sometimes by the fans, I think, cow-shitting. Anyway he is funnier than anything we have in Helsingfors: since 1550 not one person in Finland has shit in another person's shoe!

And then only last year I remember he played a great joke when he let Simon Donelly go on the "free transfer" ... and then re-signed him a few months later! Ha-ha!! In Finland we laughed so much we nearly did a shit in our own shoes! I think they are called 'jobbies' here is it not?! In Finland we eat a lot of roughage and we call them skeidas; sometimes we say we have 'skeidmarks'! That is also very funny, if you understood Finnish, that is.

Perhaps he will re-sign them all again for next year, with Paddy Boyle and Mark Corcoran too - wouldn't that be even funnier! We would hear a lot about 'cow-shiting' then I am sure!

Hyvästi for now,

Your old friend,

Semi Nurainen (still a fan, even though your website has spelled my name wrongly again)

What a mentally interesting post. :D:thumbsup2:

Can't remember the last time we had a semi on the forum. :thinking:

Ah, it is nice that someone remember me, and how nice to see Peter McKennan too - I think you were a generation before me. I heard that you used to be taking all the corners and free kicks shouting "Ma baws". I must confess I when I found that phrase in the dictionary - it had a very rude meaning! But perhaps you could come back and show the young ones how it is done! They don't seem to be very good at it, and this time is not a matter for joking.

I suppose you think I don't know what a 'semi' is! Well, when I stayed in Glasgow, England in the 1960's I used to write down all the slang words, so I am not so stupid!

I know it means a flaccid little 'siitin', as we would say! We also in Finland are making jokes about the body parts, we sometimes get drunk and shout "sit on my siitin" to passing girls. Very funny, if you understood Finnish of course.

But never mind 'semi': it is funny too, is it not, that someone posted their favourite word on the old website as "stauner"! Just the very opposite! Well, it takes all sorts.

But, anyway it is good, is it not, for the tractor boys relegated? Even in the 1960s, we used to hate them. If they go down we will celebrate in Helsginfors by having a lettuce party. Oh yes, it will be a great night with Cos, Lollo Rosso, Little Gems and Mesclun - maybe someone will crack open some Rocket - cue for a really wild time!

Hyvästi for now,

Semi Nurainen (they still haven't corrected the spelling)

Edited by Semi Nurannen

Ah, it is nice that someone remember me, and how nice to see Peter McKennan too - I think you were a generation before me. I heard that you used to be taking all the corners and free kicks shouting "Ma baws". I must confess I when I found that phrase in the dictionary - it had a very rude meaning! But perhaps you could come back and show the young ones how it is done! They don't seem to be very good at it, and this time is not a matter for joking.

I suppose you think I don't know what a 'semi' is! Well, when I stayed in Glasgow, England in the 1960's I used to write down all the slang words, so I am not so stupid!

I know it means a flaccid little 'siitin', as we would say! We also in Finland are making jokes about the body parts, we sometimes get drunk and shout "sit on my siitin" to passing girls. Very funny, if you understood Finnish of course.

But never mind 'semi': it is funny too, is it not, that someone posted their favourite word on the old website as "stauner"! Just the very opposite! Well, it takes all sorts.

But, anyway it is good, is it not, for the tractor boys relegated? Even in the 1960s, we used to hate them. If they go down we will celebrate in Helsginfors by having a lettuce party. Oh yes, it will be a great night with Cos, Lollo Rosso, Little Gems and Mesclun - maybe someone will crack open some Rocket - cue for a really wild time!

Hyvästi for now,

Semi Nurainen (they still haven't corrected the spelling)

All these fake foreigners on here get less funny each time.

You'll have to excuse my spelling because I don't speak Finnish but I remember a phrase that a Finnish guy I lived with for a while told me...NUTZI MUTZIES.

Ah you can't fool me with your fake foreign name "Uberteeb" especially when it says your location is Glasgow, England. Uber Teeb means 'over my cheesebearing prepuce' in Bavarian.

And your fake Finnish words too! We all know that Nutsie Mutsies is not proper Finnish (there is no 'z' in true Finno-Ugric) but is Sami dialect for 'please put your big stauner in my ear and f**k some sense into me whilst I rim this reindeer'. Obviously that hasn't ever happened to you because, looking at your posts, you have got no sense! Ah, that is so funny, if you understood Finnish, of course.

Hyvästi for now,

Semi Nurainen (I know this makes we Finns look like pedants, but they still haven't corrected the spelling)

Edited by Semi Nurannen

Ah you can't fool me with your fake foreign name "Uberteeb" especially when it says your location is Glasgow, England. Uber Teeb means 'over my cheesebearing prepuce' in Bavarian.

And your fake Finnish words too! We all know that Nutsie Mutsies is not proper Finnish (there is no 'z' in true Finno-Ugric) but is Sami dialect for 'please put your big stauner in my ear and f**k some sense into me whilst I rim this reindeer'. Obviously that hasn't ever happened to you because, looking at your posts, you have got no sense! Ah, that is so funny, if you understood Finnish, of course.

Hyvästi for now,

Semi Nurainen (I know this makes we Finns look like pedants, but they still haven't corrected the spelling)

Ahhh....Finland, Finland, Findland...erinomainen!

• Administrators

I know this makes we Finns look like pedants, but they still haven't corrected the spelling

We've fixed the spelling - but you typed the name when registering, so I don't know what you mean about the website spelling your name wrong?