Jags On The Way Out The Door.

Why are you so obsessed with posters revealing their identity to you? That's about the sixth time I've seen a post from you asking that on this forum. It's almost as sinister as your obsession with Pat Clarke and Damon Gray.

Third time actually. Obsession - I dont think so thanks. Try responding to the points I made rather than resorting to eprsonal abuse, if you can :angry:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

We don't mind members arguing with each other or debating issues but we draw the line at personal abuse.

Let's keep things a bit more civillised please.

Cheers

Admin

ANYWAY - it wouldn't surprise me if Sid and Bryn have been told that if a better offer comes along they should take it - and I'm not sure any of the other clubs will be champing at the bit to sign Donnelly anyway. Halliwell is a different matter - he'd probably be quite useful to a few other First Div clubs, although who has got rid of their keepers I don't know. One way or another, I suspect that McCall has effectively said to the 2 of them - we'll sort you out when the money comes through. Donnelly in particular doesn't need the money for a couple of months, so I won't be holding a bucket collection for him to keep the BMW on the road for May and June....

Agree with all of the releases

Hinchy/Halliwell i wouldnt be surprised to see both of them back when pre season starts. If were paying say £300 a week each between now and begining of July we save around £4800 by freeing them, when they wouldnt even be training with as their on holiday.

Also Halliwell may well got to Iceland for a few months and get some games under his belt, Hinchy will go tto iceland as well but purely for the half price chocolate cakes and a chanc eof riding that Kerry Katona!!

Donnelly and Maxi, both past their best Maxi especially inthe 2nd half of the season looked bust, Sid while having his best season ever for thistle is 35, we need to have younger guys that give us a future. However i would be surprised as with hinchy above 1 of them is back for pre-season in a ast manager/coach/player role.

Corrigan if he had stayed fit he would have stayed gives you that option of being passable in most positions.

Boyle and Corcoran cheerio dont let the door hit your arses on the way put, part time beckons and then the juniors and then oblivion and drinking super up the park with your mates regaling them with tales of how you nearly made it

By the way, did anyone think 'Erm...McCall told him he had a job for life a season ago!' when they saw Craig Hinchcliffe on that list? McCall is actually every bit the **** we thought he was before he came here. Stuart Bannigan and Jamie Campbell got told they'd get their chance towards the end of the season, and they didn't. He's soooo full of it.

By the way, did anyone think 'Erm...McCall told him he had a job for life a season ago!' when they saw Craig Hinchcliffe on that list? McCall is actually every bit the **** we thought he was before he came here. Stuart Bannigan and Jamie Campbell got told they'd get their chance towards the end of the season, and they didn't. He's soooo full of it.

Spot on.

??????????

Absolutely no excuse for that post.

Stay off the sauce.

My flatmate is a QOS fan and says he was exactly the same at Queens. All talk and false promise. If you were craig Hinchcliffe, how would you feel? he probably wasn't on very much but he had a job and had been told it was safe. Now he doesn't. McCall doesn'y need to say these things. He said it at a time when Hinchcliffe had had a few very poor performances in the first team and it was tot take the heat of his managerial decision to sign and play him, but now he's let the guy down. He probably has a family to consider and things like this must be pretty sickening.

for the guy who says stay off the sauce. i started looking out for these things a while ago when i started doubting mccall cos of all his chat. theres hundreds of them and it must be a major factor in why he seems to struggle to motivate our team and players as individuals.

Edited by PaleGreySky

My flatmate is a QOS fan and says he was exactly the same at Queens. All talk and false promise. If you were craig Hinchcliffe, how would you feel? he probably wasn't on very much but he had a job and had been told it was safe. Now he doesn't. McCall doesn'y need to say these things. He said it at a time when Hinchcliffe had had a few very poor performances in the first team and it was tot take the heat of his managerial decision to sign and play him, but now he's let the guy down. He probably has a family to consider and things like this must be pretty sickening.

for the guy who says stay off the sauce. i started looking out for these things a while ago when i started doubting mccall cos of all his chat. theres hundreds of them and it must be a major factor in why he seems to struggle to motivate our team and players as individuals.

You can't really blame McCall for having to release these players, does no-one think this is what he meant a few weeks ago when he said the Club would have to do things that he really would rather they didnt? I dont think McCall really had a choice in the matter, we cannot afford to pay players for doing nothing...its gona be hard enough to get by paying the players we have signed for next season.

For what its worth re Hinchy, Im pretty sure he will be back along with Sid and one of McNamara/Maxi, the only way forward is to get guys like this who can operate as coach who can be played if necessary and/or good enough.

Hinchy has an excellent job outside of football, and is clearly a friend of McCalls. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at the start of the season. I think you can safely pack away the violins on this one.

That is no justification for the terminology used in your previous post.

• Administrators

We employ a NO swearing policy which everyone agreed to when they signed up. We don't mind the odd word here and there, which should be picked up by our filter, and I think we have been pretty relaxed so far but if people can't keep it clean and persist with obscene language they will be removed.

Cheers

Admin

I notice the word has now been removed from previous posts and replaced by asterisks.

Grateful if posters could give consideration to the fact that minors may be viewing this site, and post appropriately.

you tell em' Barney :thumbsup2:

If folk actually took stock on the present financial situation at the club then they would realise it would be the same for any other manager right now as Jags boss.

I love it how people blame McCall so effortlessly for Hinchy being released, Sid, or whoever the moans and groans were about in the previous posts.

'My QoS fan said this..' blah blah blah, that still the QoS mob who survived in the 1st when McCall brought them back from the dead, half way nthrough the season, over 10 points behind the 9th placed team? They would have been nowhere if it wasn't for him and their Cup Final and European adventure would not have happened.

Now, its all rumour right now but whose to say McCall didn't go to the board,

"right I know we need to release some folk etc, but can I at least keep Hinchy(or whoever) throughout the close season"

and the Board said no, without question. Anyone think of that?

I don't imagine he enjoyed doing it either.

Just somes up how the way the club has and is being run by going to folk we want to keep, "right mate I'm going have to let you go for now, but when we get the dosh we'll definetly come back in for". Whilst other clubs can just simply wander into the fray and offer these players/coaches better offers.

Edited by northernsoul

A couple of days ago, the rumours of mcmenamin and hart possibly signing on certainly gave me hope for next season. I think the releases today scream volumes of how bad the current fianancial crisis really is. Now i'm not one of these fans who claims to have "inside knowledge", but reading between the lines, next season could be a struggle, off and on the pitch.

Sad to see sid go, but perhaps it was time. Would like to see him back as a coach, as the under 19s have done a great job with him coaching them.

Would have also liked corrigan to stay. Solid pro who never let the club down. Also he can play bout 6 positions, which a skint club like us could badly need.

Always been a "fan" of halliwell. Well no a fan, but I always rated him. Would like to give him a chance. Hopefully he will be back.

The rest i'm no too fussed with. Paddy boyle, I'v never been impressed. Coco, Always thought he was lazy and hasnt played well in some months. Maxi's done. Hinchy back as a coach: yes. Hinchy back as a player: no. He has brought Tuffy on a fair bit than people give him credit for.

He's right though. McCall is a bullshitter.

Quite the hypocrite this time last year you seemed to think he was one of the best |Managers in Scotland. I take it your another fan who seems to think we have a divine rightto be in the SPL. Face it the state the club is in, its going to be a wonder if we survive in the first divison.

Everybody take a step back and look at it from the outside

We have released 4 players in their mid to late 30s, 2 who combined some sort of coaching role as well. The club will not go forward when we are playing guys in mid 30s and some who hardly played at all last season.

This is not a sign of impending doom, but more of sign of realism and a pragmatic approach to running a club.

By all means if they wish to come back when pre season starts and we havent found alternatives or we require coaches then that fine but at the moment why pay 4 guys wages for doing hee haw over the next 2 months.

Would you pay a plumber for 2 months while you were awaiting the job to start- i dont think so so why pay people we dont need too

Everybody take a step back and look at it from the outside

We have released 4 players in their mid to late 30s, 2 who combined some sort of coaching role as well. The club will not go forward when we are playing guys in mid 30s and some who hardly played at all last season.

This is not a sign of impending doom, but more of sign of realism and a pragmatic approach to running a club.

By all means if they wish to come back when pre season starts and we havent found alternatives or we require coaches then that fine but at the moment why pay 4 guys wages for doing hee haw over the next 2 months.

Would you pay a plumber for 2 months while you were awaiting the job to start- i dont think so so why pay people we dont need too

I'd go along with this. The players' contracts have finished, and aren't being renewed. It happens in all walks of life. If they're good enough, they'll get another contract somewhere else, or maybe even here again come the new season. This is the life they've chosen to live. In the meantime, in order to be able to pay other players' wages now and in the future, we need to make savings, and make sure that come next season we have the best players that we can possibly get. And I don't think that the released players are in that category.

Craig Hinchcliffe has been released as a player, McCall said he would be here as a goalkeeping coach. Do we need a goalkeeping coach during the summer? Why would we pay him to do nothing when the club is skint?