'firhill Transfer Frenzy'

Firhillista

Everyone is touting Grehan to be one of the ones told to leave, and I too think that will happen, but am I the only one that thinks he's being treated a bit harshly by McCall? I can't remember him playing more than two games in a row, and when he has played he's probably been better than Buchanan, yet Buchanan is always picked before him. He scored the other week, albeit a very scrappy goal, and hasn't played since, which is quite unfair on the boy.

I suppose if Grehan comes good he'd still not be an out and out goalscorer whereas if Buchanan recovers form he'll score regularly. We'll still need a goalscorer if Grehan stays.

If you can mind the last Falkirk game Hardie played as a target man for much of that match. I thought he was very effective at both holding the ball up and laying it off. Grehan replaced Hardie and the difference was like night and day. It's maybe an unfair comparison but it showed just how far Grehan has to improve to be even an efficient target man.

I do tho' agree with above poster that the lad hasn't been given much of a whip crack in the first team. Buchanan has been given far more time to come good again. Don't think fairness will play a great part when it comes to shedding a player or two.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic