19 January - A Date For Your Diary

honved

Way back ages ago, I suggested to David Beattie that an informal social at Firhill might be a way of the club getting closer to the fans. He responded by saying "good idea, I'm up for that, please organise it". So here we are, with the date set for 19 January at 7pm in the Aitken Suite.

I've tried to individually invite as many club staff/volunteers and helpers as I could find and I now want to invite supporters to come along, which is a bit harder since there are so many of us.

There's no agenda, no speeches, but the first drink is free, after which there will be a cash bar until 9.30. I'm hoping that folk will take the chance to come along and just have a chinwag about Thistle and a couple of drinks. David Beattie has promised to get as many fellow directors as he can to come along so it's a chance for happy clappers and cynics alike, to get closer to those at the sharp end of Thistle than they normally do.

I know folk will turn out for this, but it would be great if some of the folk who don't normally pitch up for this type of "do", would at least give it a try. Look forward to seeing you there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way back ages ago, I suggested to David Beattie that an informal social at Firhill might be a way of the club getting closer to the fans. He responded by saying "good idea, I'm up for that, please organise it". So here we are, with the date set for 19 January at 7pm in the Aitken Suite.

I've tried to individually invite as many club staff/volunteers and helpers as I could find and I now want to invite supporters to come along, which is a bit harder since there are so many of us.

There's no agenda, no speeches, but the first drink is free, after which there will be a cash bar until 9.30. I'm hoping that folk will take the chance to come along and just have a chinwag about Thistle and a couple of drinks. David Beattie has promised to get as many fellow directors as he can to come along so it's a chance for happy clappers and cynics alike, to get closer to those at the sharp end of Thistle than they normally do.

I know folk will turn out for this, but it would be great if some of the folk who don't normally pitch up for this type of "do", would at least give it a try. Look forward to seeing you there.

Well done! I'll be there as I've a good money making idea in my head and it will be good to open it up to the floor.

I want to give this another bump. David Beattie mentioned it in his programme notes yesterday and it's a chance for folk to just come along and have a chat about Thistle or anything else they fancy. The next episode of Glee will have been aired by then so personally I'll be looking for folk's views on Britney Spears' cameo and the latest on Finn being sacked from the football team.

7pm in the Aitken Suite, Wednesday night, no speeches, no agendas, just fans, club folk, a natter and maybe the chance to bump into the person that sits in front of you in more comfortable surroundings.

First drink free, cash bar till 9.30.

I want to give this another bump. David Beattie mentioned it in his programme notes yesterday and it's a chance for folk to just come along and have a chat about Thistle or anything else they fancy. The next episode of Glee will have been aired by then so personally I'll be looking for folk's views on Britney Spears' cameo and the latest on Finn being sacked from the football team.

7pm in the Aitken Suite, Wednesday night, no speeches, no agendas, just fans, club folk, a natter and maybe the chance to bump into the person that sits in front of you in more comfortable surroundings.

First drink free, cash bar till 9.30.

Sounds like a fine event. Hopeful of coming along.

Can't make this tonight now as princess leia is working and i have to look after the wookies. Chewbacca's out on a hot date so can't even get him to babysit.

Hope this goes well.

Dont forget to post any relevant info for the benefit of those of us who cannot attend tonight. :thumbsup2:

Desperately annoyed that I can't make this tonight but hope it goes well and that there are some positive outcomes from it. Well done to Tom for organising it.

x2

is this like a questions and answers thing tonight

Yep. Official site doesn't state any directors as confirmed attendees, but hope there will be at least a couple, in addition to McCall, Maxwell and Cameron. And hope the questions are probing, well-thought out, wide-ranging and ultimately the conduit to a full understanding of all issues facing PTFC, and that the answers given are full and frank, without being veiled or empty words, untruths, or OTT scaremongering as we have had in past from various clowns.

Hopefully it won't be taken over by those who ruined the last Jags Trust open meeting (shame tonights meeting can't or isn't being streamed live like that one was), or that answers are too long, sidestepping or empty waffling, and that McCall and any PTFC directors in attendance will be fully honest with those asking the questions. Also, if meeting goes well, hopefully it will lead to a stronger board/management/supporters bond, trusting and supportive of one another, and not the horrible, distrusting and splintered relationship that had grown in the past 5-10 years between the support and the board in particular.

We are all in this together. But for us to pull together to the maximum, for the good of the club and hopefully a successful and secure future, the board and management must step up to the plate and listen to, and work open and honestly with the full Thistle support. Do us over like we have been done so many times in past, and the club could die. Treat the support with complete respect, openness and honesty, and the club could flourish.

Hope it went well and there was a decent turnout.

About 30.

Not the night that I had thought it was going to be. Not the informal social event that was billed but largely a q&a with David Beattie and Ian McCall.

David came across as very honest and I think that honesty impressed those there. It was certainly interesting and David deserves great credit for the way he answered the questions but, to be honest, I'm not sure I would have gone had I known the format the evening was going to take. I certainly wouldn't have brought my better half.

That's not to say that it wasn't a worthwhile event, it was.

Edited by Tom Hosie

Yeah Tom, part of the reason I didn't go was the words in Saturdays programme "Meet the director". I could tell then it was going to be anything but an informal social event and more a q&a which put me of cos am really not that interested in finding out things I don't need to know just yet!

I am however looking forward to player of the year ... that was a great night last year, from what I remember!!

Yeah Tom, part of the reason I didn't go was the words in Saturdays programme "Meet the director". I could tell then it was going to be anything but an informal social event and more a q&a which put me of cos am really not that interested in finding out things I don't need to know just yet!

I am however looking forward to player of the year ... that was a great night last year, from what I remember!!

So you understood that from the programme but Tom didn't? Err...