Glasgow Warriors Thread

I'd like to change the rules of Rugby Union.

Firstly, the field should be 68m*105m, same as Association Football.

Field of Play is 93m, and ingoal is 6m. I think that 6m is enough because Rugby League's ingoal is 6m~11m.

And scrum should be abolished. Scrum is very boring, and has a big shortcoming. Scrum cannot be played without co-operation between two sides.

I think that the replacement of scrums by line-outs. And, a new rule should be introduced -- the side who has the right of throw in line-outs score 1 point.

And, now the points of penalty goals is 3. However, this should be changed to 1-4, according to the nature of fouls.

By this rule, draws will be extremely unlikely.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Been busy recently (ie. about the last 6 months), so not had time really to post on here. Not helped by the fact it's been such a depressing season on the field, and far far worse off it. But finally a bit of great news the other day - Gordon McKie, who has single handedly been trying to destroy the game in this country, has finally quit as SRU CEO! :D

A long summer of power struggles no doubt awaits, but provided we get the right man in then we could finally see the game in Scotland start to recover... Or we get the wrong man and the game dies for good :(

And to try and anticipate the first question that will be asked, I believe the SRU have commitments to maintain the 2 pro-teams until 2014 - so we shouldn't be going anywhere for now.

http://www.scottishrugby.org/aboutus/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=746&Itemid=

Also, something that may be of interest, next seasons HC draw has paired us with defending champions (again) Leinster. Who, unlike Toulouse, would be expected to bring a very sizable away support to Firhill. If we get that fixture early on, we could very easilly get 7-8 thousand along to Firhill :D (unfortunatly, with Bath and Montpellier also in the pool, we shaln't be playing any quarter finals)

• 3 months later...