"£100,000 Is Needed Between Now And The End Of The Season" Or...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The financial state of the club is something I think demands attention. The board obviously did, too, seeing as they saw fit to scare us shitless with talk of shortfalls that must be met. Just a pity they haven't seen fit to say much else following that.

I'll leave you to disappear until the next demand is made of the Firhill suits.

You demand more information but then describe the informers as 'scaring us shitless'??

Are you arguing AGAINST more information now?

Or, as I suspect, you just have a need for attention?

By the way, I'm always here or hereabouts, just normally too busy to rise to wind up merchants, but making an exception for you while I wait for the 'Just In' thread to get going.

Cheerio :)

The financial state of the club is something I think demands attention. The board obviously did, too, seeing as they saw fit to scare us shitless with talk of shortfalls that must be met. Just a pity they haven't seen fit to say much else following that.

I'll leave you to disappear until the next demand is made of the Firhill suits.

Think as far as the openess of the current board are concerned, you'll probably find yourself in the minority. A lot of good work has been done to create a more open relationship between the fans and the board since cowan and co left. Well a good few of us think so anyway.

I think whatever the message was will be on the OS before the end of the night.

normally too busy to rise to wind up merchants

Look, the club's still facing a £50,000 black hole and David Beattie has admitted today that the solutions they're working on are short term. I'm not on the wind up, I'm asking them to be full and frank with us. What will it mean should we fail to plug that? Administration? Part time football? We haven't had answers to that. I'd also like them to outline the ways in which they think we can help. Do all roads point to their "unique" initiative that's still to be made public?

You make not like my abrasive style. That's fair enough, but there are serious questions that have to be addressed.

On a seperate note, I believe 1JL was speaking to the club today re. his 'team of the decade' idea. Would be good to hear the response.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Look, the club's still facing a £50,000 black hole and David Beattie has admitted today that the solutions they're working on are short term. I'm not on the wind up, I'm asking them to be full and frank with us. What will it mean should we fail to plug that? Administration? Part time football? We haven't had answers to that. I'd also like them to outline the ways in which they think we can help. Do all roads point to their "unique" initiative that's still to be made public?

You make not like my abrasive style. That's fair enough, but there are serious questions that have to be addressed.

On a seperate note, I believe 1JL was speaking to the club today re. his 'team of the decade' idea. Would be good to hear the response.

Your right you do have an abrasive style and it probably doesn't help your cause. You do raise some very good points but you also do make it out that the board are doing nothing. Maybe try to cut them some slack....work is being done. Better still, have you emailed your questions directly to David Beattie? He's welcomed such emails.

No, I don't, but I suggest they're saying very little of any real significance.

Ok, we'll agree to dissagree. Still think if you want answers to your questions , you do a lot better emailing David Beattie directly as opposed issuing the posts on here. Give it a go, you just may get the answers your looking for. I'd go as far as to say if you don't then you really have nothing to complain about.

Now, can we all just get along tonight and enjoy the day for what it was.

Ok, we'll agree to dissagree. Still think if you want answers to your questions , you do a lot better emailing David Beattie directly as opposed issuing the posts on here. Give it a go, you just may get the answers your looking for. I'd go as far as to say if you don't then you really have nothing to complain about.

Cheers for the tip. I might just try and email him directly. I've emailed the club before and was advised to read the programme.

lol wut?

sorry i dont know what you want. :unsure:

the club stated they need 100K

the club then says that they have managed to get 50K of that in sponser ship

the club then say they still need 50K

whats the problem, unless you are going to give them profesional help why do you need to know everything thats going on.

do you want them to publish that they bought jammy dodger this week insted of the usual rich tea :rolleyes:

whats the problem, unless you are going to give them profesional help why do you need to know everything thats going on.

:blink:

Are you serious? I've invested years of energy into Thistle, as did my grandfather and his father before him. I've pumped in money during that time that could've been better spent on other things but wasn't because Partick Thistle are my club. I put additional funds into the club's coffers during STJs and continually paid fees towards an organisation that purported to represent me.

Five weeks ago, the club's current custodians described me and others like me - that includes you - as 'owners' of Partick Thistle FC. You think we'd be entitled to know exactly what's going on, no?

sorry i dont know what you want. :unsure:

the club stated they need 100K

the club then says that they have managed to get 50K of that in sponser ship

the club then say they still need 50K

do you want them to publish that they bought jammy dodger this week insted of the usual rich tea :rolleyes:

Good reply. Who's a nosey bas then?

Depends on whether the game against Falkirk goes ahead. I can only stretch to the one trip. Perhaps you wouldn't mind asking the questions on my behalf should finances exclude me from attending.

I can't go to either since I'm working till 7pm Tues and Wed this week.

I'll have to wait till the Dunfermline game on the 29th when I can find out what's going on in hospitality.

Some of this stuff is f*cking comedy gold. We have nine pages of forum members delighting in Dundee's current plight when it appears we're not a kick in the baws away from administration ourselves. The same people are saying one of the reasons they deserve all they got was due to them having fans representatives who didn't question their board.

Now, we have a fan asking for the full picture at Firhill during a "crucial" for the club as he's refered to as a nosey bastard? Well fuck you very much. If this club goes to the dogs then it's fair to say we deserve everything we get, too.

Some of this stuff is f*cking comedy gold. We have nine pages of forum members delighting in Dundee's current plight when it appears we're not a kick in the baws away from administration ourselves. The same people are saying one of the reasons they deserve all they got was due to them having fans representatives who didn't question their board.

Now, we have a fan asking for the full picture at Firhill during a "crucial" for the club as he's refered to as a nosey bastard? Well fuck you very much. If this club goes to the dogs then it's fair to say we deserve everything we get, too.

Time and place for everything. Real Thistle supporters should be extatic this evening, and celebrating a wonderful result. Time and place!

OOOOH! Get her!!!!

I have no problem in you or anyone else asking questions. However, if you tried dropping the patronising, condecending attitude, you might find that a lot of people (including me) share your concerns.

Beattie has asked the fans to help the club by attending home games, buying merchandise and attending hospitality. That is what I and a good few other Jags fans are doing. Doesn't mean that you are the only one that is concerned about the future of this great club.

:blink:

Are you serious? I've invested years of energy into Thistle, as did my grandfather and his father before him. I've pumped in money during that time that could've been better spent on other things but wasn't because Partick Thistle are my club. I put additional funds into the club's coffers during STJs and continually paid fees towards an organisation that purported to represent me.

Five weeks ago, the club's current custodians described me and others like me - that includes you - as 'owners' of Partick Thistle FC. You think we'd be entitled to know exactly what's going on, no?

too an extent yes and (compaired to before) i think they do, there will prob be legal reasons for some of it as well.

Priceless.

Just out of interest have you even posted one positive comment about todays result?

Not having a dig but on a night when we should all take a bit of time out from in house fighting and arguing and enjoy the day for what it was, you seem to be the only negative voice tonight.

You can hardly blame people for having a go tonight. Youve been given some sound advice as to how to get answers to your questions (yes i'm blowing my own trumpet). You are not alone in having concerns about the future but i honestly think your going about this the wrong way.

Is it too much to ask that we all enjoy what has been a great day for OUR club and give some well earned praise tonight ?

Just a thought.

Just out of interest have you even posted one positive comment about todays result?

Not having a dig but on a night when we should all take a bit of time out from in house fighting and arguing and enjoy the day for what it was, you seem to be the only negative voice tonight.

You can hardly blame people for having a go tonight. Youve been given some sound advice as to how to get answers to your questions (yes i'm blowing my own trumpet). You are not alone in having concerns about the future but i honestly think your going about this the wrong way.

Is it too much to ask that we all enjoy what has been a great day for OUR club and give some well earned praise tonight ?

Just a thought.

:thumbsup2:

Lenny, I'm glad we won. It's great. We're steadily finding our feet on the park and that's encouraging? But will it all be for nowt if this cash isn't found? What are the repercussions? That's what I want to know.

All the 6-1 thrashings of second-bottom-of-the-table sides won't save the club.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark