Jags For The Charts?

Big Welshy

All, hopefully you're aware by now of my charity single T.H.I.S.T.L.E. It's been 18-hour shifts this week, fitting round my work commitments, to plug this. Appearances on STV, Real Radio and Clyde, coverage in the Sun, Evening Times and Glaswegian and social media campaign on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

I'll sleep well on Sunday night for sure - but will I make the top 40 hours earlier?

That could be up to you. My intelligence informs me we are hovering just outside the top 40 so one final push is required. All the various links are below so please text family, email friends, unite with former lovers and get all to join the Facebook page, spread the word and buy the track. Thanks to you all.

On sale at Fopp Byres Road and Union Street for £2.

On sale at iTunes for 79p - http://tiny.cc/omg2l

Join the Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/THISTLE/113243505380936

Forward the video -

Love the Jags.

Thanks,

BW.

Edit to add - admin, please don't pin this as I think pinned topics sometimes get ignored. Thanks.

Edited by Big Welshy

Thanks to Junior, German Jag and Norgethistle for the above. Really appreciated.

The Big Man - yes, the big charts. Got a bit excited when a call came through for me at my work today from a Reggie Yates but it was just a pal on the wind-up!

So guy, had a wee look at the charts online and couldnt see the song? Where in the charts did it finish?

I've found the top 100 singles & don't see it in there. :(

I found the top 100 singles midweek chart placings last Thursday & couldn't see it in there. :blink:

I then thought maybe Big Welshy was meaning the Scottish charts and not the UKwide charts? But, if so, it's not in their Top 40 either :(

Edited by yoda-jag

I found the top 100 singles midweek chart placings last Thursday & couldn't see it in there. :blink:

I then thought maybe Big Welshy was meaning the Scottish charts and not the UKwide charts? But, if so, it's not in their Top 40 either :(

The short answer is I don't yet know how many I sold and why it didn't at least make the Scottish top 40, which surprised and disappointed me. With the thousands of video views, healthy uptake of the Facebook page, heaps of PR and the countless direct, positive feedback I received, I was really optimistic but I guess bridging the gap between people liking something and actually buying it is the biggest battle of all. Still, raised some decent cash for charity so I'm happy with that.

However i get an iTunes sales report tomorrow and can feed back with actual figures then.