Partick Thistle U19'S 3 Vs 2 Livingston U19'S

northernsoul

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2009-2010/may_2010/thistle_lift_the_sfl_youth_cup

Report and reaction.

Livi's discipline went after the full-time whistle. Not used to losing.

Care to expand on that for those of us not fortunate enough to have been there today. Fantastic result and fantastic achievement, well done lads :ptfc:

Comic high point of the day was the woman about 10 feet to my left who called an offside she couldn't possibly have seen on a Jags player as he was at the other end of the park. :thinking:

:lol:

The ref was a homer. The Livi players were rotten losers. The Jags lads made my season.

Word is McBeth is away to Bolton. We will get some money and two players aswell. Permanent, not loans. I'd be disappointed. I want to see him in the first team. Even if we could get him back on loan would be ideal.

Quite surprised to hear we would get a fee plus 2 permanent. Any ideas who the 2 permanent would be - very young lads or old players?

How much of a fee do you think we would get for McBeth?

Quite surprised to hear we would get a fee plus 2 permanent. Any ideas who the 2 permanent would be - very young lads or old players?

Kevin Davies and Jussi Jas..Jasko...the Finnish goalie. Plus £4m

edited to add - I heard a similar rumour today which was a good laugh I thought. The papers pick it up, McCall gets a chance to big up the young talent, price goes up.

Edited by honved

i heard that too, but i can't imagine what two players they'd have that would would be willing to come to thistle. i assume their valuation of macbeth isn't THAT high, so it must be younger guys. So who would want to leave bolton to come to thistle? Maybe they've got players who they've told can leave cos they're not going to make it...

Just forget about that meantime and let the MacBeth saga run. I'm not saying the above won't happen but I do know nothing has been concluded.

As for today it's worth pointing out that two of our midfield were played out of position and a third may quite possibly be more suited to defence. Fantastic spirit throughout the team.

Btw here's the most amazing figures.... Livi lost three goals today. Previously they had only lost three goals in their last FIFTEEN matches. Their goal tally during that period was SIXTY NINE!

An absolutely tremendous win :thumbsup2:

almost forgot to say, our set pieces were fantastic. very consistently high quality. jamie campbell and ryan macbeth are, without exaggeration, significantly better at corners and free kicks into the box than hodge and donnelly, or whoever we'd use in the first team, are.

Care to expand on that for those of us not fortunate enough to have been there today. Fantastic result and fantastic achievement, well done lads :ptfc:

We were told that 2, maybe 3, Livi players were sent off after the full-time whistle. One of whom hit/shoved the referee. Clearly a side that after a season of big win after big win couldn't handle losing and IMO poses questions as to their ability to make it in the game.

Really proud of our players. Not all will make it as first team players but their sense of togetherness (they way they supported Kieran the day after his father died) and general attitude is simply first class on and off the pitch(they help me with boxes of programmes on match day).

A lot of credit must go to Ian Cameron. Lets hope this is just the start.

Word is McBeth is away to Bolton. We will get some money and two players aswell. Permanent, not loans. I'd be disappointed. I want to see him in the first team. Even if we could get him back on loan would be ideal.

Yes, to see him even for a season continuing to improve would have been excellent. I thought he was great in the last game at Firhill.

Edited to add: Owen Coyle, still not finished shafting us!

Edited by Jaggernaut

We were told that 2, maybe 3, Livi players were sent off after the full-time whistle. One of whom hit/shoved the referee. Clearly a side that after a season of big win after big win couldn't handle losing and IMO poses questions as to their ability to make it in the game.

If any repercussions re the Livi players no doubt Gordon McDougall will demand the resignation of some high powered SFA big wig. :D

Not exactly the best example shown by those representing the great family/community club.

almost forgot to say, our set pieces were fantastic. very consistently high quality. jamie campbell and ryan macbeth are, without exaggeration, significantly better at corners and free kicks into the box than hodge and donnelly, or whoever we'd use in the first team, are.

They get coached by Ian Cameron (Donnelly may help out as well - Cameron has a day job doesn't he?) Anyway Cameron is the main coach and he was a great passer and crosser of a ball so I'm sure our midfield players are learning a lot from him.

Edited by Mr Bunny

They get coached by Ian Cameron (Donnelly may help out as well - Cameron has a day job doesn't he?) Anyway Cameron is the main coach and he was a great passer and crosser of a ball so I'm sure our midfield players are learning a lot from him.

You would think that he would have the same influence on the first team players aswell.

You would think that he would have the same influence on the first team players aswell.

Maybe they don't think they have to learn anything now they're "big team" players. Young guys just starting out are more likely to pay attention and try to learn.

The back four where brilliant yet again on saturday, the match saving moment for me is when no4? stevenson i think? slide tackled to clear the ball off the line and by doing that collided with the post. great result :thumbsup2:

Youth is the way forward for the club !

Edited by portjag

Hardly worth a thread on its own but the Reserves (made up entirely of under 19s) beat East Stirling 1-0 tonight. Not much of a game tbh. We played without Burns, MacBeth & Scully while McGeough, Bannigan & Lochhead only played part of the game so I suppose it was a decent enough result.

One observation tonight was that McGeough played at left back and seemed to take that in his stride.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett