Mccoll -Manager Of The Month?

badgerbadgerbadger

Yep....and is it not time that he got the credit for turning the team round especially after some of the comments aimed at him earlier in the season. As for today. Erskine MOTM? Yeah he played really well as did all the team but one man stood head and shoulders above everyone else for me today. That was as confident a display of goalkeeping I have seen in a long time from Scott Fox. He has been a master signing by McCall

Yep....and is it not time that he got the credit for turning the team round especially after some of the comments aimed at him earlier in the season. As for today. Erskine MOTM? Yeah he played really well as did all the team but one man stood head and shoulders above everyone else for me today. That was as confident a display of goalkeeping I have seen in a long time from Scott Fox. He has been a master signing by McCall

Agree totally. Fox was absolutely flawless today.

Totally agree.The guy's performance was outstanding today. We'll struggle to hold on to him next season if he continues to produce a string of saves as he did today. :clapping:

Seems signing Scott was a great bit of business.

Certainly at the recent event where David Beattie and McCall took some questions from fans, you could tell the club felt Fox was an outstanding Talent. Could prove to be one of our most significant signings in years !!

As for McCall for Manager of the month....why not. Yes it usually is jinxed but he has taken his fair amount of abuse on here and in the stands this season...some deserved some not..why not give him the recognition he deserves now...while we're at it, joint award with either Fox, Erskine or Dools winning player of the month. Has there been any better players than those 3 in the Division this month ?

Winning Manager of the Month might be a wee bit hollow given the amount of postponed games but McCall really appears to have got all the important decisions spot on. The introductions of Fraser at Falkirk and again at home v Stirling and Campbell v the latter paid dividends. In addition playing Erskine in a more forward role and the timing of the switches from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 have been tactical successes.

I don't suppose for one minute the re-signings of Mssrs Campbell, Fraser, Doolan, Erskine & Fox will be of influence to whoever decides who to call MotM but imo that's every bit as important as our results. :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Winning Manager of the Month might be a wee bit hollow given the amount of postponed games but McCall really appears to have got all the important decisions spot on. The introductions of Fraser at Falkirk and again at home v Stirling and Campbell v the latter paid dividends. In addition playing Erskine in a more forward role and the timing of the switches from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 have been tactical successes.

I don't suppose for one minute the re-signings of Mssrs Campbell, Fraser, Doolan, Erskine & Fox will be of influence to whoever decides who to call MotM but imo that's every bit as important as our results. :thumbsup2:

Totally agree with all above. However I would like to see much more of the younger players soon rather than cameo performances late on.

• Members

I think McCall was pissed off for a while after he was priced out of the Dundee job by Thistle and he wasn't giving the Club 100%. But I reckon he's realised how lucky he was to dodge that bullet and is now getting back down to business with Thistle and it's showing throughout the team. So keep it up Ian.

I'm man enough to eat some humble pie and say how glad I am that things have turned round under Mr McCall and the team are playing really well at moment. I wanted him binned after 1st quarter of season like may others did but fair play to him for knuckling down and turning things round. Was it the criticism that spurred him on to raising his game?

Keep it going guys!

I'm man enough to eat some humble pie and say how glad I am that things have turned round under Mr McCall and the team are playing really well at moment. I wanted him binned after 1st quarter of season like may others did but fair play to him for knuckling down and turning things round. Was it the criticism that spurred him on to raising his game?

Keep it going guys!

My thoughts exactly! A big slice of humble pie for me too. However, signing Halliwell was McCall's big mistake. We have been very lucky to get Fox, especially as he played for nothing for 3 months.

Keep it going guys!

I think McCall was pissed off for a while after he was priced out of the Dundee job by Thistle and he wasn't giving the Club 100%. But I reckon he's realised how lucky he was to dodge that bullet and is now getting back down to business with Thistle and it's showing throughout the team. So keep it up Ian.

I think Will makes a very good point and probably part of the reason. I also think the internal issues from last year had an effect on the players and that appears to be confined to history now. As one of the few who didnt turn on McCall Im delighted to see Uberteebs change of heart, from one extreme to the other eh big man? U gota love following the Jags, bring on the Saint J's :fan:

Edited by Steven H

My thoughts exactly! A big slice of humble pie for me too. However, signing Halliwell was McCall's big mistake. We have been very lucky to get Fox, especially as he played for nothing for 3 months.

I suppose to quite an extent it was, but given the money we had we weren't getting another goalkeeper it seemed and to be fair most fans including me seemed happy to have him signed given how patient he had been in waiting. I think if we had had more money Halliwell would not have been the keeper the Manager would have signed.

Also Halliwell himself could have done a bit better and he himself is nto blameless either.

I think your spot on Will. Exactly the point i made post match yesterday. I think it was clear that McCall was merely going through the motions for a good while and this was reflected in the players performance. Great job so far of turning it around and, if things continue this way, i wouldnt be surprised to see us being serious challengers next season.

I think we owe Hinchcliffe about fox he phoned hinchie for training facilities

Fox has praised Hinchy's coaching abilities. Scully appears to be a good prospect and displaced Halliwell from the bench before his injury. Shepherd will benefit from his loan spell. Do we have exclusive rights to Hinchy's coaching or is he working with other keepers?

Fox has praised Hinchy's coaching abilities. Scully appears to be a good prospect and displaced Halliwell from the bench before his injury. Shepherd will benefit from his loan spell. Do we have exclusive rights to Hinchy's coaching or is he working with other keepers?

He is our goalie coach, but another team could poach him from us. He's not actually that chubby, was beside him as he walked out the tunnel yesterday & he's just abouit average, but pretty small in height for a goalie.

I just hope that some SPL chairmen go for the usual "lets appoint someone who was a good player but has no managerial pedigree" approach when they are looking for a manager soon (thinking Hibs in particular).

Was talking to someone i know at the game yesterday and in the usual "friend of a friend of a friend said' style was told that McCall had already been sounded out by Hibs about replacing Calderwood. This apparently came from a Thistle players father. Dont believe it for a second but funnier things have happened.

Edited by Gonzaga

I would hope that McCall has the sense to see that Hibs are really in decline and no mattr who goes in at this time will still be up against it with a team who are probably now favouritesfor the drop. The only thing that would swing it for him is that you can be sure if Hibs were relegated any manager would be given good money to get them straight back up.