• Glastonbury
    • V Festival
    • Download
    • Isle of Wight Festival
    • Wickerman Festival
  2. 2. Are you going this year?

• Yes
    • No

Thinking of heading back to TITP this year, but feeling like I'm getting too old for it. It's an expensive weekend too, so I'm not really keen enough to head to more than one. Rockness looks alright this year, a couple of acts you don't see on festival line ups too often - Club 75 in particular interesting me.

Anyone looking for an alternative, there's the Stag and Dagger festival on in Glasgow on the 22nd May.

You’ve not got Reading/Leeds on your list. I went to Leeds 6 years on the trot from 2000 onwards and it was brilliant. I’ve been to a few other festivals as well, I’ve always found Donnington to be a pretty rubbish venue, I don’t like the stage layout and stuff.

Not been to one for a good few years now, its all well and good when you are in your teens and early 20’s but I was feeling old there at my last one when I was 22 so won’t be going back to any. Plus I’ve seen virtually every band/artist on the planet I want to see (apart from the Rolling Stones who I keep missing). Would maybe consider testing out Glasto at some point in the future but I fear the days of me and 20 of my mates invading an English campsite are behind me.

Has anyone been to Electric Picnic in Ireland, folk are trying to persuade me to go this year but I don't like much of the line up to be honest apart from Massive Attack and Chali 2na there is nobody on there I would go watch in Glasgow let alone outside Dublin.

Its meant to be the Glasto of Ireland and my mate who went last year says he would go no matter the line up.

But I'm thinking 240 euro is way over the odds for a 3 day festival where I only want to see a couple of the acts. We could just go camping up north for a weekend and get wellied all day and save ourselves £750 each.

Well if your all feeling too old for festivals, check out High Voltage!

http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/

Specifically designed for old metal heads, ancient prog rockers etc. The only people older than the crowd will be the bands themselves!

Joking aside, quality line up if you are of 1970's vintage and quite likely the last opportunity to see some of the bands before they go senile/enter a nursing home/die.

Not sure if it counts as a festival because even if you attend both days you have to leave at night and come back the next day!

Highlights for Saturday likely to be Focus, Asia, Transatlantic, Gary Moore with ZZ Top headlining.

I'm only going on the Sunday to see mainly Steve Hackett, Marillion, Wishbone Ash, Uriah Heep and the mighty ELP headlining.

Canny wait!

Rockness for me this year. I'd have been quite happy to make last year my festival swan song but we are doing Rockness for a mates stag weekend so I'm looking forward to it. This will be the last though I think, full weekend shot anyway, it's just too much cashola now.

Well if your all feeling too old for festivals, check out High Voltage!

http://www.highvoltagefestival.com/

Specifically designed for old metal heads, ancient prog rockers etc. The only people older than the crowd will be the bands themselves!

Joking aside, quality line up if you are of 1970's vintage and quite likely the last opportunity to see some of the bands before they go senile/enter a nursing home/die.

Not sure if it counts as a festival because even if you attend both days you have to leave at night and come back the next day!

Highlights for Saturday likely to be Focus, Asia, Transatlantic, Gary Moore with ZZ Top headlining.

I'm only going on the Sunday to see mainly Steve Hackett, Marillion, Wishbone Ash, Uriah Heep and the mighty ELP headlining.

Canny wait!

Beyond sad