Next Season

Miners Pants

Been thinking about next season,If we start the season badly and are round about the bottom of the table after the first quarter, Do u think McCall will be punted and Lennon brought in? or will McCall be given the full season even if we are on the brink??

I think it is highly unlikely that Stirling and Cowdenbeath/Alloa will be better than us but who know's

Thoughts?

Been thinking about next season,If we start the season badly and are round about the bottom of the table after the first quarter, Do u think McCall will be punted and Lennon brought in? or will McCall be given the full season even if we are on the brink??

I think it is highly unlikely that Stirling and Cowdenbeath/Alloa will be better than us but who know's

Thoughts?

Jeez oh, glass is half empty with you mate! Wait and see who we sign before any of this doom and gloom talk.

Guest grahamgibsonlickedmyaero

next season, no doubts, will be VERY difficult.

i know the admins on here are adopting heavy handed measures on an kind of negative word-use, but we need to be realistic.

if we finish midtable with young lads coming through the seasons got to be a success in some way, shape, or form.

we wont be making many high profile signings, and losing JT is a big blow.

further, if Ian Maxwell is given the assistant manager role, i cant see things going well (not doom and gloom, just my opinion).

last season ended on a high. but we need to remember just how rotten doolan, erskine, cairney and paton had been for MONTHS. these guys will be taking first team jerseys, and they need to step up to the plate.

we also need a goalkeeper. further, the young lads, and burns particularly, need to bulk up, as we dont want more john mcgoldricks.

In my opinion, there is no way McCall will be punted, even if we have a disasterous start. From what I can gather, the board are very high on McCall and he still has a fair length on his contract to run. Dont think the board can afford to pay him off.

What I will say is, the pessimisim here is shocking. The season hasnt even begun. I have confidence in McCall to bring in a few good players and I reckon a top 4 finish is certainly achievable.

Its about time we back the manager/club instead of all this doom and gloom, im readin on here

nuff said

Punting McCall costs money, money we don't have. There will also be less available managers/less clubs willing to let their manager go once the new campaign begins.

The time to get shot of McCall was when Dundee came in for him, not doing so means the board believe he is taking the club in the right direction.

Personally I do not think he is the man for the job as I simply do not think he is a good manager. Regardless of budget his tactis and motivational skills are not good enough in my opinion.

If however McCall plays a lot of these youth players and develops them from potential to actual players then I will take some of it back. Sadly I fear he will persist with the duds he signed up for next season as far as the starting XI goes. And his ability to develop players is questionable, there are far more Paul Patons and Paddy Boyles in recent times than there are Gary Harkins and Jonny Tuffeys.

I think Lennon will get the Celtic job mate.

celtic job or PTFC job? neils not a silly boy..

and on a serious note. its clear he means danny lennon you first class FOOL.

• Administrators

i know the admins on here are adopting heavy handed measures on an kind of negative word-use, but we need to be realistic.

Just to clear this up - I think a lot of people have maybe picked this up wrong. We don't have any problem with people being negative or having a go at the manager/players etc. We want the forum to be an "independent" place for all types of discussion, including talking about some of the negative stuff. The problems we have are with people who ONLY post negative stuff or who post defamatory comments or false allegations about individuals/companies.

Cheers

Admin

In my opinion, there is no way McCall will be punted, even if we have a disasterous start. From what I can gather, the board are very high on McCall and he still has a fair length on his contract to run. Dont think the board can afford to pay him off.

What I will say is, the pessimisim here is shocking. The season hasnt even begun. I have confidence in McCall to bring in a few good players and I reckon a top 4 finish is certainly achievable.

Its about time we back the manager/club instead of all this doom and gloom, im readin on here

nuff said

Magic another season of nothingness....top 4 yipee..lets get the flags oot!

Sorry. Let me revise this for you.

We will romp the league by at least 20 points. Swap deal: Erskine for Messi. Fabio Capello to join as our assistant manager after the world cup.

Some people need to live in the real world. top 4 would be an achievment for us next year.

Sorry. Let me revise this for you.

We will romp the league by at least 20 points. Swap deal: Erskine for Messi. Fabio Capello to join as our assistant manager after the world cup.

Some people need to live in the real world. top 4 would be an achievment for us next year.

Aye maybe so still a season of nothingness though...thats why folk are fed up going to games..if we can't challenge for the title or at least think we can whats the feckin point?

Edited by Miners Pants

nuff said

Well said :clapping:

Top 4 next season will be the best we can hope for, but its do-able. You my friend are in need of a reality check, you open this thread with the idea we may be in relegation trouble after the 1st quarter (and why would Lennon be a better replacement btw?) and when someone suggests we might get a top 4 finish you give us this quote. If you think a season of anything but nothingness is winning the league then I think you are in for a few 'nothingness seasons'...good luck with that :thumbsup2:

Just to clear this up - I think a lot of people have maybe picked this up wrong. We don't have any problem with people being negative or having a go at the manager/players etc. We want the forum to be an "independent" place for all types of discussion, including talking about some of the negative stuff. The problems we have are with people who ONLY post negative stuff or who post defamatory comments or false allegations about individuals/companies.

Cheers

Admin

the use of the term 'false' is an interesting one. im not going to pursue it, but it certainly highlights an attitude that 'fans' are permanently getting it wrong. a lot of the rumours circulating thistle and football forums surrounding our club have been all too TRUE of late, and while the truth hurts, its important that the fans are made aware of certain situations instead of having things concealed/covered up.

while admins remain under a cloak on anonymity, it may be better for them to stick their head above the parapet every so often, we all know that the heavy handed 'admins'/dictators on the previous forum, got a wee bit power hungry.

last season ended on a high. but we need to remember just how rotten doolan, erskine, cairney and paton had been for MONTHS. these guys will be taking first team jerseys, and they need to step up to the plate.

I'm sure Doolan WAS rotten, but not having taken in any Clyde matches while he was there on loan, I couldn't be so sure....

I'm sure Doolan WAS rotten, but not having taken in any Clyde matches while he was there on loan, I couldn't be so sure....

he was very prolific. :rolleyes:

• Administrators

the use of the term 'false' is an interesting one. im not going to pursue it, but it certainly highlights an attitude that 'fans' are permanently getting it wrong. a lot of the rumours circulating thistle and football forums surrounding our club have been all too TRUE of late, and while the truth hurts, its important that the fans are made aware of certain situations instead of having things concealed/covered up.

while admins remain under a cloak on anonymity, it may be better for them to stick their head above the parapet every so often, we all know that the heavy handed 'admins'/dictators on the previous forum, got a wee bit power hungry.

If a member can provide a reliable source or preferably a link, then we don't mind people posting stuff.

But if the member can't back up the allegation then we have a responsibility to remove it as we have no way of knowing if it's true or not. Some allegations can be potentially damaging and risk us coming under legal action. So all we are saying is that if you have any "rumours", please provide a reliable source/link.

We are not of the opinion that "fans" (we are also jags fans) always get it wrong, we just want to cover ourselves and our members.

Cheers

Admin

From the code of conduct

3. - Posting topics

3.4 - Please don’t post unfounded rumours or allegations. If you are going to make a post about a rumour you have please give a reliable source and if possible provide a website link. We withhold the right to delete any post that we feel is false or is purely just a personal attack on an individual/company.

Thoughts?

I think it's time for a medio latte and a chocolate muffin. That's my thought. I've also been thinking about what happens if we start the season well. What'll we have to complain about?

Aye maybe so still a season of nothingness though...thats why folk are fed up going to games..if we can't challenge for the title or at least think we can whats the feckin point?

Then maybe people should temper their expectations of what they'll see when Thistle takes to the pitch. The old 'there's more than one thing I can do with my money on Saturday' line cuts two ways. If you don't like it, don't buy it. That doesn't make you a bad fan.