Glasgow Airport Greggs

stevie inglis

Greggs the bakers to close and move out of the airport by end of July.

Flying down to Bristol this morning , got the usual tee / sausage roll from Gregs in the airport, got chatting to the wee wifee behind the counter and she was telling me that they have been ordered by the hiearchy (BAA or whoever) to close up and move from the airport by the end of July.

The reason being Gregs were taking to much business away from the other (extortionately priced) food outlets.

How can this be allowed to happen in todays free market environments

This came up a couple of months ago in the papers.

Greggs were given a discounted rate on the unit for the first 2 years and are now refusing to pay the same rate as everyone else.

So they aren't being evicted - they could stay if they wanted, but are choosing to leave.

Airport prices are terrible for food.

This came up a couple of months ago in the papers.

Greggs were given a discounted rate on the unit for the first 2 years and are now refusing to pay the same rate as everyone else.

So they aren't being evicted - they could stay if they wanted, but are choosing to leave.

Airport prices and food is terrible

Fixed it for you :thumbsup2:

Indeed!

As pi radians = 180 degrees, your correction of the ninth significant figure in the post however is so much less than one degree that it really becomes irrelevant and rounded down to zero ... but thanks all the same and welcome aboard! :thumbsup2:

So we can try again ...

LUCATONI MACARONI ...

Edited by gianlucatoni

Guest Argus

Go on, whats he told you?

I used to work in a McD's when I was a student and you would be amazed at how clean they are.

She.

Lets just say I'm not overly impressed with the cleanliness, which may just reflect one branch, but the generic instructions on portion control are interesting.