J League

sigesige00

The J-League (Japan Professional Football League) has begun this weekend.

My hometown team Vissel Kobe struggled to survive in the top flight (J1) last year and secured a J1 place in the last game.

Today Vissel Kobe won the 1st game (1-0) by an FK goal, after the visitors (Urawa Red Diamonds) were reduced to 10 men.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yamagata and Hukuoka (Fukuoka) are already decided to be relegated; and Kôhu (Kofu) has a mathematical chance; but they would need at least 15 goals.

Kôhu's striker Mike Havenaar, born in Japan as a child of Dutch GK coach, is reportedly interested by several European clubs, including Celtic. He has scored 17 goals in this season, only second to Australia's Kennedy who has scored 19. However, Kennedy's scores includes PKs. So Havenaar is de facto top scorer.

While I have no sympathy to Celtic, I'd be happy to see many East Asian players in Scotland.

• 3 weeks later...

It's interesting that in the Final they beat Kyoto Sanga, who are also in the 2nd division. How many games did those teams play to reach the Final?

I don't think that a Scottish Cup Final has ever involved two lower-division teams.

Both won 4 games to reach to the final.

Yes, I cannot imagine a Scottish Cup Final between Partick Thistle and Ross County.

Why not? Ross County are good enough to reach the Scottish Cup Final, and actually beat us earlier in the season.

Are Ross County good enough to reach the final? Yes Dunfermline reached the final when they were relegated from the SPL. But it is very hard to imagine a Scottish Cup final between two SFL teams.