J League

sigesige00

Japan's teams (men and women) are going to play in the London Olympics.

Men's first game is at Hampden (against Spain).

The squad number is 18, and 3 OAs (over-aged) are allowed.

The selection of the Olympic team is crazy.

The JFA selected 3 OAs -- Tokunaga (DF, FC Tokyo), Yoshida (DF, VVV Venlo), and Hayashi (GK, Shimizu).

There is no problem about Tokunaga. He is a quality player and has never been selected for the full national team.

However, the choice of Yoshida and Hayashi is incredible.

Yoshida is a prominent player in the full national team, and now injured -- although not so serious. How can a national association choose a prominent defender of full national team for the Olympics?

And the choice of Hayashi is incredible. Hayashi is a good GK, but there is no necessity because Gonda (FC Tokyo) is a prominent regular GK in the Olympic team. Gonda is the 3rd choice GK of the full national team.

And the JFA has chosen Miyaichi (Arsenal). Miyaichi was loaned to Bolton and showed his ability. He has to win the regular position at Arsenal. For that aim, he has no time for the Olympics.

The JFA are very badly organised. In the 2002 World Cup, the French coach Troussier succeeded his mission (last 16). However the JFA did not even consider renewing the contract with him, because he was arrogant (and correct) for the JFA executives and the media. The technical committee listed up 5 quality coaches. However, the Chairman Kawabuchi ignored the technical committee and chose Zico as the coach. Zico had no experience as a coach, and his lack of ability was clear from the first several months. As a result Japan completely failed at the 2006 World Cup.

So, what's your prediction for this summer?

Summer Olympics?

Men: I hope the no-point defeat of GB team (and no Scottish player for GB team). I am not familiar with U-23 football, but I know Japan has serious problem in CBs. Without good over-aged CB, Japan has little chance to reach to quarter-finals.

Women: USA is the most favorite. The DPR Korea will show their abilities. Japan also have a chance.

• 4 weeks later...

Vissel Kobe, who finished 9th (of 18 teams) in the 1st Division last season, recorded no draw run for 17 games (half of the season). However, Vissel Kobe recorded the 1st draw in the last weekend.

Do you know any no-draw record in the league games in Scotland or elsewhere?

I see Japan beat Spain 1-0.

Incredible result. Japan's defense was very well organised: Yoshida (VVV Venlo) and Tokunaga (FC Tokyo) played very well.

There will be many offers from European clubs for them.

The one thing I could not understand was Spain were wearing the 2nd jerseys.

Why weren't Japan wearing their normal colour of blue?

Yes, a great result, and an even better performance. The victory was thoroughly deserved, and with some better luck and better finishing Japan could have scored around 6 goals in the end. The Spanish team really don't look much like their senior international team at all. It's a great start for both Japanese teams.

Why weren't Japan wearing their normal colour of blue?

Yes, a great result, and an even better performance. The victory was thoroughly deserved, and with some better luck and better finishing Japan could have scored around 6 goals in the end. The Spanish team really don't look much like their senior international team at all. It's a great start for both Japanese teams.

Japan were wearing the 1st jersey. This season's 1st jersey is not very popular; particularly the red line on the centre is unpopular.

I don't wear Japan's jersey because the Hinomaru (natinal flag) is printed. I hate it because that is a symbol of the atrocities of Japanese imperialism.

Japan's men team beat Morocco (1-0).

Morocco's GK was incredible. (He is playing for Augsburg, German 1st Division.) But Nagai scored the late goal and sent Japan to the quarter-finals.

I think that many clubs will be interested in Nagai, who has an incredible speed although his technique on scoring is not extremely good.

According to the Japanese media, West Bromwich have already shown their interest in him.

I think that he is suitable for the playing style of Everton, strong and aggressive defense and speedy offense. I hope that Moyes, a Scot, would be interested in him.

The colour should be changed from red to blue. Blue flag is appropriate for football; Japan's football jersey is blue.

You can't change a nation's flag just to make it the same colour as a football team's jersey! My suggestion: retain the Hinomaru, but reverse the colours, so that it becomes a white circle on a red background. Still unmistakably Japan, but the white "sun" would represent peace.

• 2 months later...

There are many East Asian players in the German Bundesliga.

Chong Tese, a DPRK international striker, moved to Köln (1st Division at that time), but he did not make much impression. Köln were relegated and he is now warming bench in the 2nd Division. I hope that he will return to Japan in this winter.

Japan's national team captain Hasebe (Volfsburg) has a hard time. Hasebe has not been listed in the squad in this season yet. However, because of the sucking the manager, the situation may change.

The key player of Japan's national team is Endo (Gamba Osaka, former Asian champions). Gamba Osaka are now in the relegation trouble. If they got relegated, they would have to release 2 Japanese internationals (Endo and Konno).

Japan's national team's problem is the lack of backup of Endo. However, there are some talented young players. Nürnberg are going to sign Ogihara (Cerezo Osaka), young and talented player who can do defensive MF and CB. I hope that he will succeed at Nürnberg.

Usami at Hoffenheim is now playing well and making impressions as am offensive MF. He wasted a year at Bayern München. He was loaned to Bayern München but he was given little chance. He should have chosen Hoffenheim instead Bayern München.

Edited by sigesige00

There are many East Asian players in the German Bundesliga.

Chong Tese, a DPRK international striker, moved to Köln (1st Division at that time), but he did not make much impression. Köln were relegated and he is now warming bench in the 2nd Division. I hope that he will return to Japan in this summer.

Japan's national team captain Hasebe (Volfsburg) has a hard time. Hasebe has not been listed in the squad in this season yet. However, because of the sucking the manager, the situation may change.

The key player of Japan's national team is Endo (Gamba Osaka, former Asian champions). Gamba Osaka are now in the relegation trouble. If they got relegated, they would have to release 2 Japanese internationals (Endo and Konno).

Japan's national team's problem is the lack of backup of Endo. However, there are some talented young players. Nürnberg are going to sign Ogihara (Cerezo Osaka), young and talented player who can do defensive MF and CB. I hope that he will succeed at Nürnberg.

Usami at Hoffenheim is now playing well and making impressions as am offensive MF. He wasted a year at Bayern München. He was loaned to Bayern München but he was given little chance. He should have choose Hoffenheim instead Bayern München.