Cheap London Hotels

uberteeb

Anyone care to recommend a cheap hotel in London, all the ones on lastminute, laterooms, etc are still a bit pricey. I’ve used independent places you don’t find on these websites in north London in the past, but I don’t want to be in that part of the city this time and frankly I don’t want to rush back to any of those hotels. Can anyone recommend anything cheap and cheerful within walking distance of Euston, this would include the Kings Cross area which by all accounts is notorious for cheap hotels. And I do mean hotels, not “hotels” when it comes to Kings Cross thanks.

Ideally don’t want to be paying much more than £50 as I’ll be staying in it myself so won’t be splitting costs. I know that’s not much and London is expensive but I’m sure it can be done. I’m only staying 1 night, a week on Saturday.

Cheapest hotel I've found is £48 at the Custom House Hotel, but it's nowhere near Euston. It's in the Docklands and there is a DLR station right across the road.

Cheers but that’s a bit far out, I’ll be arriving at Euston and want to dump my overnight bag somewhere before hitting Baker Street and the pub pre-play off final, will be a bit pushed for time so don’t want to be trailing out to the Docklands. I know a couple of acceptable(ish) places where I can get a double en suite room for £50 in the Finsbury Park area worst comes to worst.

BA being on strike means a return to Gatwick down Saturday morning and back Saturday evening is almost £500, no toher carrier has a flight late enough back that I can make so it looks like the train is the only option. And then I find out that both of the mates that I could stay with wont be in London that weekend so my free place to crash goes out the window. So it’s the hotel and the train for me… and a raid through my travel diary for the contact details of birds I met who live in London :lol:

Cheers but that’s a bit far out, I’ll be arriving at Euston and want to dump my overnight bag somewhere before hitting Baker Street and the pub pre-play off final, will be a bit pushed for time so don’t want to be trailing out to the Docklands. I know a couple of acceptable(ish) places where I can get a double en suite room for £50 in the Finsbury Park area worst comes to worst.

BA being on strike means a return to Gatwick down Saturday morning and back Saturday evening is almost £500, no toher carrier has a flight late enough back that I can make so it looks like the train is the only option. And then I find out that both of the mates that I could stay with wont be in London that weekend so my free place to crash goes out the window. So it’s the hotel and the train for me… and a raid through my travel diary for the contact details of birds I met who live in London :lol:

You can try the Lancaster Hall Hotel in Craven Terrace, Lancaster Gate. It's just opposite Hyde Park. It's normal rooms are £65 single, but it has a youth wing (open to any age) run by the German YMCA where rooms are £30 single.

http://www.lancaster-hall-hotel.co.uk/

I doubt you'll get anything cheap near Kings X.

Stayed in the Ibis hotel right next to Euston station a couple of years ago and i think it was £60 per night( probs a good bit more than that now), also stayed in the Thistle hotel next to station but that was quite pricey IIRC. If you had a season ticket last season there was a voucher for 20% of an apex hotel. If you didnt have a season ticket you can have my voucher if its any good to you

Stayed in the Ibis hotel right next to Euston station a couple of years ago and i think it was £60 per night( probs a good bit more than that now), also stayed in the Thistle hotel next to station but that was quite pricey IIRC. If you had a season ticket last season there was a voucher for 20% of an apex hotel. If you didnt have a season ticket you can have my voucher if its any good to you

I had a drink in the Thistle Euston a couple of weeks ago.

A pint of Stella and a Vodka and diet coke came to £9.50. :shocked:

The ibis in euston isn't available on that selected date, so it's out.

I haven't checked, but if there's an ibis near then they usually do rooms for around £40 per night.